Pages:
Author

Topic: Walls crumbling under buying pressure for hours on end - page 2. (Read 5556 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

Perhaps it's better to have walls.

Indeed, it is.  The walls are evidence that there is an active trading group, thus the price is a current consensus.  The lack of walls implies that speculators might have been scared away as much as it implies that the  price is moving. 
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
I noticed something very ironic about the Bitcoin market.  Yesterday, when there was no depth, nothing happened.  Indeed, there were more sellers than buyers.  I thought it would hit $8 almost instantly, given that there was almost nothing in the way, but nope.  Today, there are walls, and the market has gone into what I call "wall-eating mode" again.  In the last few hours, buys outnumber sells by a factor of 7, and 8500 BTC of that formidable wall has been eaten.  Yesterday I was feeling very bearish after it went nowhere, but today I am feeling better, even though we are trapped under 7.1.

Perhaps it's better to have walls.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Folks, calm down. If you observe depth in real time, you'll notice that huge moves happen in unison. One or few persons behind this manipulation are having lots of fun reading theories about buying or selling pressure, or about any other attribute of a real large market. Don't get me wrong, I am an optimist, but the vocabulary here is delusional at times.

You're right that most of the effect is due to a few large players, but they are patient and mostly passive. Those "huge moves in unison" are reactions to external pressure, as a weather vane adjusts to the wind. Two signs of buying pressure: trading 60oz of gold for bitcoin, and complaints about delays clogging bitinstant phones.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Folks, calm down. If you observe depth in real time, you'll notice that huge moves happen in unison. One or few persons behind this manipulation are having lots of fun reading theories about buying or selling pressure, or about any other attribute of a real large market. Don't get me wrong, I am an optimist, but the vocabulary here is delusional at times.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

are you saying their is no buying or selling pressure? because the market is to small

It's all just play money folks, no real business happening here Tongue.
legendary
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

are you saying their is no buying or selling pressure? because the market is to small
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
legendary
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46TMVKEuYIc

lets make some funky sounds BUY BUY BUY  Cheesy
legendary
I'm gonna miss the bear  Cry

Bye...

Even if I'm forced to set aside the dancing bear, I'm sure he'll be back.  In the meantime, soon...?
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
I'm gonna miss the bear  Cry

Bye...
legendary
This is what depth looked like on July 9, 2012...

That'll fill in soon enough.

you need to remove the BEAR.

Nah, not yet.

That bear's gonna have to go away when we hit $8, proudhon...

I'll get rid of the bear if we make a new 2012 high.
bitcoin hundred-aire

Nah, not yet.

That bear's gonna have to go away when we hit $8, proudhon...
legendary
rippleFanatic

On the buy side it did! Still no resistance at $7.2 (*knock on wood*).

We'll just wait until the very last penny before you have to admit that $7.2 will NOT be the high for 2012.

legendary

Nah, not yet.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1022
bitcoin hundred-aire

legendary
Activity: 1022
That aint no wedge.
legendary
rippleFanatic
Bullish wedge is still intact, no sell-off despite the ask walls.
Pages:
Jump to: