Pages:
Author

Topic: ** Want some free Murraycoin stickers? DM me! ** - page 2. (Read 2031 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Sleeping, yes.  Giant, no.
Activity: 350
Merit: 104
What unique feature is the coin offering? That is, why should investor give up bitcoin in exchange for Murraycoin ?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
We'd be happy to help you setup an online and android wallet if you need it or if you want anything else just ask:

https://www.raxe.io/index.html#!products

thanks again good luck with the project.

Activity: 423
Gee, thanks for your insightful commentary.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Fail.  No. 
Activity: 423
No strings attached, just DM me your mailing address and I'll send you some stylish Murraycoin stickers.

For those who want to learn more about Murraycoin, but don't have time to sort through the dozens of pages of the announcement thread, I compiled a bunch of info and updates, all from bholzer (Murraycoin's lead dev):

January 31, 2014, 11:49:01 PM
We have received nearly 100,000 MRY in donations to the Bill Murray Charity Fund --We're 11 days in, guys.
Within 24 hours of launch, we had a Murraycoin pool up on FusionHash -- the best mining operation out there.
We're being followed on Twitter by Caddyshack Charity Golf (Bill Murray's annual charity golf event.)

February 10, 2014, 12:06:20 PM
Kanye is an asshole...and Bill Murray is a badass. Coinye had no ties with Kanye West.

February 10, 2014, 08:22:10 PM
We have been in contact with the foundation, yes. We have Bill Murray's indifference but we're working on getting him directly involved. He doesn't have an agent and he's been extremely busy promoting his movie/etc. There will not be a problem with this coin - our only concern is improving this coin.

February 10, 2014, 09:10:51 PM
Everything is going as planned; connections were made and the Murraycoin groundwork was done in December (over a month before the coin launched.)

February 12, 2014, 10:32:58 AM
The Murraycoin Reddit Tipbot has been rocking for about a week now.

February 25, 2014, 11:18:26 PM
My word only carries so much weight and we are at the mercy of [the foundation’s] timelines to make certain bits of information public [but] The Murray Bros. Foundation has no intention of unloading their MRY in the near future.
Our top concern was ensuring the legal aspects were covered and we have satisfied that requirement.
If there was a chance for legal conflict, I would have never been a part of this project.

March 06, 2014, 02:02:21 AM
We have already received over 250,000 MRY in donations from people all over the map. By revolutionizing celebrity fundraising, the Murraycoin Project will likely become a blueprint to the others that follow. Murraycoin is the perfect addition to Bill Murray's legacy as both an entertainer and humanitarian.

March 08, 2014, 03:16:42 AM
We were in contact with the director of the Murray Bros. Foundation before Murraycoin even launched and offered to go back to the drawing board and rebrand Murraycoin - they were not interested in rebranding Murraycoin.

April 08, 2014, 07:07:37 AM
Talks are initiated, these talks remains active, everything continues to progress and looks good. We have permission but we don't have an official endorsement (we won't rest until we do.)

April 21, 2014, 11:00:28 PM
Bill Murray and the Murray Bros. Foundation still haven't made a decision on whether or not they will be officially endorsing Murraycoin.
Even without the endorsement, we remain the only (real) celebrity currency featuring a celebrity that is cool with the project.

May 08, 2014, 04:55:04 AM
They [the foundation] aren't refusing the donations or pulling their support - they just don't intend to promote Murraycoin at this time.
This is a huge opportunity for the Murray Bros. Foundation and remains a cutting edge way to raise money for good causes from and for people all over the world. I believe they recognize this opportunity but have enough irons in the fire right now that a decision couldn't be made at this time.
For now, let’s just enjoy pushing forward without them and begin to grow the Murraycoin market cap organically.

June 17, 2014, 10:05:11 PM
At block 130k, the new difficulty adjustment method kicks in.
On July 4th, 2014 the PoW algorithm will switch from standard Scrypt to Scrypt-2048.

July 13, 2014, 11:11:16 PM
The Murraycoin Project, LLC just received a significant, much-needed investment (amount will remain undisclosed) from a new investor plus an additional cash injection in the form of me personally selling the small investment group 3,000,000 MRY for $25,000 USD cash (of which half will be reinvested in The Murraycoin Project, LLC).

Murraycoin announcement thread

Pages:
Jump to: