Pages:
Author

Topic: War of exchanges - page 2. (Read 277 times)

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1243
Cashback 15%
November 11, 2022, 04:13:11 PM

I found this email strange from Whitebit exchange which required anybody holding Bnb on the exchange to withdraw it by the 17th of November , could this be payback to Binance for not bailing out FTX exchange when it had the capacity or is something else going on here? Out of curiosity what leads to the removal of a coin from being listed on the exchange besides bad performance or little to no liquidity??

It is possible but why I am thinking that Whitebit is taking advantage of the confusion to give short time notice to their client of withdrawing BNB from their exchange to confiscate any BNB that is not withdrawn on the given time.  It is only 6 -7 days' notice before they disable the withdrawal.  Most take at least a month before they stop processing the withdrawal.  I don't know why i had this feeling as I read the notice.

Anyway, I think it won't have a huge impact on the BNB economy, it will only give Binance exchange more users and trading transaction because those client who has Binance coin will look for another exchange to trade their Binance coin and most probably will choose the Binance exchange.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
November 11, 2022, 03:58:34 PM
Even whitebit a popular exchange? I am not aware really. Hadn't used this ever. So they want to hit Binance? I think it's quite impossible at the moment. Binance gains much popularity, and fighting with that won't lead to good anything. Any war in the crypto space just will make it worst. Already there is a problem with FTX and they file for bankruptcy. By removing BNB Whitebit will lose liquidity. It won't hurt BNB anyway. Binance is a few x better than whitebit IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
November 11, 2022, 03:50:17 PM
Looks like the info is legit. I found their tweet about it, but there is no explanation:

https://twitter.com/WhiteBit/status/1590745188955295746

I do not think that this is a war of exchanges. WhiteBit probably has its own reasons for delisting BNB, and maybe it is related to the war in Ukraine and Binance's policy regarding sanctions against Russia, or there is simply not enough volume trading BNB pairs.
Activity: 672
Merit: 273
November 11, 2022, 03:13:27 PM
We should be prepared for more bear market as this exchanges are causing panic within the cryptocurrency community and why this war will effect price of most commodities on the exchange is because exchange CEO and they teams are the whales we have in the market and we may see more of whales actions in the coming days.

Whitebits should have stated the reason for delisting BNB from their trading pair so that their clients will have a better understanding of what is happening rather than leaving them to speculate the reason behind the action of the exchange.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
November 11, 2022, 02:36:31 PM
I misread it, I thought this was from Binance which causes me to find that interesting email but found nothing then I reread it again and oh it was from WhiteBit. lol

Why are they having war on crypto like this? This isn't good for their customers making a conflict because of their personal issues. I hope they resolved it in a civil manner. But if they continue their dispute display like this, they might be ready to lose both of their customers which is a good chance for the other exchange to invite/recruit them.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 2313
November 11, 2022, 02:07:33 PM
This is no good for crypto.

If my father ever taught me something, it is this:

"A pint of blood costs more than a gallon of gold."

Wars have no winners. Only losers.

Exchanges and their greedy CEO's are ruining crypto. We can't let that happen.

Maybe this is our chance to smarten up and give a chance to the decentralized exchanges.
Activity: 686
Merit: 987
Give all before death
November 11, 2022, 01:59:36 PM

I found this email strange from Whitebit exchange which required anybody holding Bnb on the exchange to withdraw it by the 17th of November , could this be payback to Binance for not bailing out FTX exchange when it had the capacity or is something else going on here? Out of curiosity what leads to the removal of a coin from being listed on the exchange besides bad performance or little to no liquidity??

**if i posted in the wrong thread ,would appreciate moving it**
There was no reason given for this action, that is why we might not ascertain Whitebit exchange intentions. BNB is not performing badly compared to other cryptocurrencies therefore there reason might not be because of bad performance. A customer can send a mail to them asking them their reason for de-listing the coin. We might have an answer from them. But I think the reason for this actions would soon be given with time. Lets just be patient, it would soon be unveiled.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 603
November 11, 2022, 01:40:40 PM
That’s weird to see, an exchange who had been asked about its legitimacy is removing the BNB from their list. Does not have any news on their social accounts regarding the reason behind its removal.

It would have been war of exchanges if every exchange out there started following similar path. I think it could be internal decision. Because if such spontaneous cycle of removing exchange coins started then everyone will end up removing their own TICKER from every exchange. Could impact the business badly.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
November 11, 2022, 01:17:22 PM

**if i posted in the wrong thread ,would appreciate moving it**
Pages:
Jump to: