Pages:
Author

Topic: Warning !!! about coinbase web wallet.. - page 2. (Read 2392 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
--
What are the fees like when you use your own desktop wallet and
how long does it take to download the whole blockchain with setup of Electrum or desktop wallets?
For Electrum, I've found that a standard transaction (1 input, 1 output) is usually just at 190-200bytes. Just multiply that with however much you want to pay per byte.
I haven't used coinbase personally for months now but from what I've been seeing from other users, their fees are higher.  

You don't have to download the whole blockchain with Electrum. It's less than 50mb. Setup is easy, just follow instructions or you could take a look at this 'tutorial'.http://bitzuma.com/posts/a-beginners-guide-to-the-electrum-bitcoin-wallet/
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
It is good that there is bitcointalk. Today I just registered there, but luckily I haven't put a single cent. Now I will not. If so many negative reviews on this forum then it is a sure sign that it is possible to lose all of my coins.

Most of people that use bitcoin and that make bitcoin transaction with a low amount of bitcoin want to find a wallet that could cover the transaction fees, and so coinbase and xapo were but now they aren't anymore because the transcation fees has been increased very much. Coinbase is a good exchange buying selling bitcoin but as we know they require to be verified and the fees are not low.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I do not think it a scam but what actually coinbase service is worth?
If a new account is created, they take two much time to verify the documents you provide for verification!
You can't get any replies for you queries!
If you buy bitcoins with credit card, you will have to wait even weeks to see it in your wallet!
These are some realistic truths about coinbase i have personally experienced.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I was using coinbase wallet till last week. I hadn't  experienced anything like missing funds from my wallet  . For me its a good wallet. So sad to hear many lost funds from their coinbase wallet. But I transferred all my coins from coinbase to unocoin wallet. Unocoin wallet is actually a Indian online wallet. I transferred my coins from there because nowadays coinbase is charging hugh transaction fees.   
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
It is good that there is bitcointalk. Today I just registered there, but luckily I haven't put a single cent. Now I will not. If so many negative reviews on this forum then it is a sure sign that it is possible to lose all of my coins.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
You guys are scaring me right now. I'm user of coinbase and my 50% funds are on the coinbase only. I will have to move all the balance right away on safer place. This is just insane that wallets are going down too. Where is the concept of bitcoin where we use to say bitcoin is safest treasure in the world. Anyway these things are made by human and they can crack it at any time. I moving my funds right away. Thanks for the info, please update more on this if anyone gets clearer idea what's going on with it.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
well, good thing that I am using a different wallet service provider which is locally operated here in my country, honestly I have made an account in coinbase 1 year ago but I haven't tried to store any amount on it Grin despite the negative comments and feedback about their service I am still curious why coinbase seemed to be common as it is used as a processor for bitcoin payment method on a game that I was playing before Grin by the way, thank you for giving this warning .
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
...use Electrum or other desktop wallets ...Of course, you pay for your own fees.
For anyone who doesn't like paying for their own transaction fees, then deal with all those strings attached.
...I use both. Coinbase for when I'm skimping on fees and Electrum for the main wallet.
how long does it take to download the whole blockchain with setup of Electrum or desktop wallets?

Electrum wallet is available for multiple platforms and size of the wallet is also lesser than 50 MB only. Please choose the preferred platform as you desired https://electrum.org/#download
Coinbase fees has been increased nearly to 0.001 for the transaction, this is ridiculous to for a each transaction but transaction speed more faster than earlier.
Much better to use electrum since you have a fully control about the fee unlike in coinbase.. i stop using them because of the fee and delays responce if i experience of any issue about coinbase wallet..
The good thing in electrum you can backup your bitcoin address private key that you can install it in other wallet like multibit HD or other wallet..
Never had any problem about electrum and i can set my own fee in option settings..
just relay what should the good fee to use here https://bitcoinfees.21.co/
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
...use Electrum or other desktop wallets ...Of course, you pay for your own fees.
For anyone who doesn't like paying for their own transaction fees, then deal with all those strings attached.
...I use both. Coinbase for when I'm skimping on fees and Electrum for the main wallet.

Electrum wallet is available for multiple platforms and size of the wallet is also lesser than 50 MB only. Please choose the preferred platform as you desired https://electrum.org/#download
Coinbase fees has been increased nearly to 0.001 for the transaction, this is ridiculous to for a each transaction but transaction speed more faster than earlier.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I'm wondering why do they still have so many clients if there is so much negative feedback?
Activity: 262
Merit: 22
Join us at slack https://bitcoin-talkers.slack.com
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
January 14, 2017, 03:09:55 AM
Never had any problems with coinbase, except when buying btc sometimes it says failed and takes money from the card little bit later. You could just always do this if you dont want to get tracked by them: coinbase -> wallet -> bitcoin mixer service -> wallet. Don't store your bitcoins there, withdraw asap to an address you own private key for.
The moment money arrives in the coinbase wallet,logically you give out your control to the exchange.Meaning,they can do whatever the fuck they want with the coins.If the sources of your coins is through a gambling site or any fraudulent practices ,your account will be suspended with no explanations. Why choose a complicated way to make your bitcoins secure when you can simply use a small desktop wallet?
Probably because of the "free" transaction fees.  Tongue Coinbase pays for that, which is the only way they could get anyone to use their wallet.
---
For those people who face issues in coinbase and need a free transaction service then they have to adopt xapo for that purpose because xapo currently have much lesser problems to the community a few months ago there were much complaints against xapo but nowadays the complaints are much less.
Coinbase and  Xapo? Far as I'm concerned, they're all the same. You use them because transaction is free and in exchange you hand over full control of your funds.

Like they say, you get what you pay for.

For anyone who wants control of their money, use Electrum or other desktop wallets and you'd get none of that TOS, Verification and whatnot. Of course, you pay for your own fees.

As for me? I use both. Coinbase for when I'm skimping on fees and Electrum for the main wallet.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
January 13, 2017, 11:14:57 PM
Its seems many users hates coinbase now. Coinbase is a centralized exchange. They collect personal informations which they give to authority. Now government in US are now chasing their customers on US for evading tax. Coinbase is also known for stealing on customers funds and banning accounts for no reason. No doubt why many people hates coinbase. In addition of op's FUD. Here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fuck-coinbase-1751654. Coinbase is fucked.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
January 13, 2017, 08:24:23 PM
If people have to use any bitcoin web wallet they why they do not come to blockchain which is the more reliable and more better web wallet. I am using that from a long ago and not found any issue with them. Why coinbase have a lot of issue and are bothering their members like paypal.
I think one of the reasons why many people using Coinbase is because this service offers free transactions. Many people sending or receiving only small transactions, this is why blokchain.info isn't best option for them. From my expperience of using Coinbase for more than two years I didn't faced any issues. But I don't use it as main my wallet. And if people decided to use Coinbase, they have to follow their ToS. If they don't break it, they won't get any problems.
For those people who face issues in coinbase and need a free transaction service then they have to adopt xapo for that purpose because xapo currently have much lesser problems to the community a few months ago there were much complaints against xapo but nowadays the complaints are much less.
I don't agree. Xapo isn't better than Coinbase. Xapo have very slow support and sometimes they even not reply to support messages. And Xapo can lock account and ask user verification. And sometimes verification tooks week or even more.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
January 13, 2017, 05:12:27 PM
If people have to use any bitcoin web wallet they why they do not come to blockchain which is the more reliable and more better web wallet. I am using that from a long ago and not found any issue with them. Why coinbase have a lot of issue and are bothering their members like paypal.
I think one of the reasons why many people using Coinbase is because this service offers free transactions. Many people sending or receiving only small transactions, this is why blokchain.info isn't best option for them. From my expperience of using Coinbase for more than two years I didn't faced any issues. But I don't use it as main my wallet. And if people decided to use Coinbase, they have to follow their ToS. If they don't break it, they won't get any problems.
Activity: 362
Newbie in online currency , love learning
January 13, 2017, 12:58:32 PM

I also not find any issue. the only issue is they not support my country only.
and also my transaction is small.

coinbase do transaction so simple .

Yes, probably they really are like following the same rules of coinbase that is why I am very much careful about it, as i also verified my account that includes my identity as well. Although this pretty much scary of where would they use it

the bad things i don't like is need to verify.

Activity: 362
Newbie in online currency , love learning
January 13, 2017, 12:50:01 PM
I was just about to use coinbase because it was connected to our local exchanger and i can easily buy and sell ny btc, good thing thati saw this one. I was just afraid because just like coinbase the current exchanger site that I am currently using are also starting to be following KYC rules
You should read their TOS properly, avoid using their service for any gambling purpose if you won't your account locked by them.
I used coinbase when i was newbie i stopped using them when they locked my account i think it's due to the moment i sent bitcoin to primedice, if i'm not wrong.
There so many wallet better than coinbase however coinbase still the best place for those who want to convert their bitcoin to fiat, i am using exchanger that i can convert my bitcoin to cash asap yeah they have similar tos like coinbase.

when they locked your a/c, did they give u any explanation?
then how to settle?

as bitcoin ald become gambling coin, what wallet they use?

i use coinbase easier so i need to confirmed with u again.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
January 13, 2017, 09:20:41 AM
I'm planning to use coinbase wallet just sign up few days ago. Thank you for this post actually I've heard some negative reviews couple weeks ago about coinbase but ignored it so I think it's time for me to not use their wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
January 13, 2017, 06:12:28 AM
If the sources of your coins is through a gambling site or any fraudulent practices ,your account will be suspended with no explanations.
Is it just Coinbase that does this?

Coinbase is known to the US Government as the most used bitcoin wallet and they keep receiving notices to submit the details of all the US customers and release their information. https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/11/29/irs-demands-entire-coinbase-user-database-tax-purposes/

They had also exposed an exchange earlier and they keep tracking how users send and receive bitcoins.

Even other wallets such as Xapo ask users for their identity proof (I have sent the same earlier) and I've heard the same about blockchain too https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3nwt09/blockchain_has_the_worst_customer_support/

In short, all online wallets are not as trustworthy compared to hardware wallets.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
January 13, 2017, 01:36:26 AM
I only use private wallet (bitcoin core) for any purpose and I feel safe when using this private wallet.
everytime the price increases highly then there will be a lot of temptation to their greed such hacking, technology issues,ddos ....
Generally, There are many reasons to blame on it when you use online wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: