Pages:
Author

Topic: Warning aceminers.com is a scam - page 2. (Read 890 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
November 20, 2017, 07:51:08 AM
Mea culpa! Your mail was a couple of hours too late. I fell into the same trap....

I was rushing a bit too much and failed to do my due dilligence properly. Rushing is the enemy of safe and secure.

I will report them to my local internet crime unit but apart from that, nothing will happen, I am afraid. The best I can do is spread the word that bastards like them are at least obstructed in doing their crimes.

Activity: 3
November 20, 2017, 02:51:17 AM
I am guilty of trying to get involved in bitcoin too fast.   I placed an order and sent BTC to aceminer.com thinking I finally found a place that is selling the S9 for only a little over the bitmain price. WRONG!  I am out $2k and have no other option to deal with my loss besides posting here help someone else avoid the mistake.   I am kicking myself for an expensive lesson learned. I can see the address I sent my funds to is receiving money in the same rough increments about 1-2/hr.  

This is unbelievable and disappointing in myself and others that go to his effort to steal!

Hope someone will avoid the mistake I just made.

Sorry for your loss as well as the mistake you committed. Can you please post the proof of your transaction (the address from which you sent and the address they received it at, as well as a signed message from your "sent" address)?
You must have taken a screenshot of them showing the address where you sent your BTC as it would work way better and could even help you get a refund processed if they are found guilty.
They also have an online chat facility, if you can't try it out please show us your tx id and we will do it for you.

Thanks for the advice.  I can share the transaction: https://blockchain.info/tx/906b8606a2cffd4fec594e37c100c3c8324d28d217768ea16a7c58f3958264e0

https://blockchain.info/tx/906b8606a2cffd4fec594e37c100c3c8324d28d217768ea16a7c58f3958264e0

I have the confirmation email where I sent the btc from.  And I have the transaction detail screenshot from the link above, but it’s unclear how I can undo the mistake at this point.  Everything I’ve read says once I send BTC it’s gone...I’m very open to advice if there is something specific I should do.

I emailed the company and it bounced back as undeliverable.  I did a Whois domain search and saw its Russian/maliasian hosted and registered only 8 days ago.  I should have checked that before placing the order.  The website was just too convincing and had faked user reviews on the site to help.

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
November 20, 2017, 02:35:11 AM
I am guilty of trying to get involved in bitcoin too fast.   I placed an order and sent BTC to aceminer.com thinking I finally found a place that is selling the S9 for only a little over the bitmain price. WRONG!  I am out $2k and have no other option to deal with my loss besides posting here help someone else avoid the mistake.   I am kicking myself for an expensive lesson learned. I can see the address I sent my funds to is receiving money in the same rough increments about 1-2/hr.  

This is unbelievable and disappointing in myself and others that go to his effort to steal!

Sorry for your loss as well as the mistake you committed. Can you please post the proof of your transaction (the address from which you sent and the address they received it at, as well as a signed message from your "sent" address)?
You must have taken a screenshot of them showing the address where you sent your BTC as it would work way better and could even help you get a refund processed if they are found guilty.
They also have an online chat facility, if you can't try it out please show us your tx id and we will do it for you.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
November 20, 2017, 02:24:17 AM
I am guilty of trying to get involved in bitcoin too fast.   I placed an order and sent BTC to aceminer.com thinking I finally found a place that is selling the S9 for only a little over the bitmain price. WRONG!  I am out $2k and have no other option to deal with my loss besides posting here help someone else avoid the mistake.   I am kicking myself for an expensive lesson learned. I can see the address I sent my funds to is receiving money in the same rough increments about 1-2/hr. 

When did you sent the btc and have you contacted aceminer customer support(if there`s any customer support)?I still can`t believe this.How is it possible people to sent 2000 USD worth of bitcoins to some unreliable online business without any good reputation and expect a  result other than being scammed.
Perhaps you won`t get your bitcoins back,but you should call the police and try to catch the scammer.
Scammers always leave a digital blueprint and there`s always a chance to reveal their real identity.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
November 20, 2017, 02:21:14 AM
thank you information, in the future I will be more careful in stepping. so I will not be careless in sending BTC to someone else.
but what I want to ask is why you can order and send your BTC to aceimer.com? because at least to secure your wallet, you will not be careless.
Activity: 392
Merit: 41
This text is irrelevant
November 20, 2017, 02:14:31 AM
I am guilty of trying to get involved in bitcoin too fast.   I placed an order and sent BTC to aceminer.com thinking I finally found a place that is selling the S9 for only a little over the bitmain price. WRONG!  I am out $2k and have no other option to deal with my loss besides posting here help someone else avoid the mistake.   I am kicking myself for an expensive lesson learned. I can see the address I sent my funds to is receiving money in the same rough increments about 1-2/hr. 

Noted. Condolences for your 2k. Stay safe in future!
Activity: 3
November 20, 2017, 01:38:08 AM

Pages:
Jump to: