Pages:
Author

Topic: Warning! Be careful when you copy and paste bitcoin address from Electrum wallet - page 2. (Read 413 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
I doubt this has anything to do with Electrum itself... and is more likely that you have a clipboard hijacker virus/malware installed on your system.

I would suggest that at the very least you run some of the common anti-malware scanners like MalwareBytes or Spybot Search and Destrory... and preferably, backup your important data, then wipe/format your computer and reinstall the Operating System. It is highly likely you have all sorts of nasty stuff infecting your system! Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571
looks like you have malware on your system
Activity: 3
Merit: 2
Hi Guys!

I am currently using Electrum wallet 3.3.6 executable version. Which is fine till last night. And this morning when I open the wallet what I found is what every addresses in the wallet address list I copy either using Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V or right click select copy are the same, and I looked it on explorer and noticed that this address:13gwPnRgJjqsg2T1QQ6LQXtxWJAQDJWD6z has receipt more than 1.4 BTC so far with various amount recently.

I double checked the phonmena when I opened another wallet file, and the copy/paste result pointed to the same address :3NW1CuurGdsWfRmWTjgjMJueTt1eM5L32R, which is now empty for now.

So, when you guys copy address from your electtrum wallet I urge you to double check the paste results before you click confirm. It is highly likely that those vicious ones are using this to ripe you off.

Good luck
Pages:
Jump to: