Pages:
Author

Topic: Warning. Be very careful with bitbay Exchange!! - page 2. (Read 448 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
Freezing and demanding ID after depositing or requesting a crypto withdraw is a prime dick move. If that's how they operate then they should not open wallets up to people until they've fully verified themselves. Anything else smacks of questionable ethics.
In Q&A and terms of use it is written that withdrawing is impossible without KYC. Op should read it beafore depositing founds. Again. This exchange works for 4 years. It is not shitexchange that seeing big deposit they froze it and demand for multiple things one by one just to be able to lock founds for longer period.
Read what OP said,he even sent the sent the details what they asked for but still no reply means they are doing it for scamming purpose.If some site is staying too long doesn't mean they are legitimate.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
In Q&A and terms of use it is written that withdrawing is impossible without KYC. Op should read it beafore depositing founds. Again. This exchange works for 4 years. It is not shitexchange that seeing big deposit they froze it and demand for multiple things one by one just to be able to lock founds for longer period.

That's fair enough then. It would still be courteous to have a large sign for unverified users on the deposit page telling them where they stand and what they need to do to access the full functions of the exchange.

It's the number one freakout for users and it would be helpful to not have it buried in areas people never read, though of course they should.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
Freezing and demanding ID after depositing or requesting a crypto withdraw is a prime dick move. If that's how they operate then they should not open wallets up to people until they've fully verified themselves. Anything else smacks of questionable ethics.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
I'm assuming the OP has deposited or trying to withdraw huge amount of bitcoin that might suddenly caught the exchange some red flag that's why they require KYC for the OP to submit. The funny thing is, when you deposited bitcoin to them they didn't even ask you a ID or Selfie maybe just a simple email confirmation. So yes, this is a bitch move, I haven't try Bitbay though so I can't comment about their services, but what the OP described seems very suspicious to me.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
legendary
Be careful with new exchanges, where a lot of fraudulent things happen.
The trading floors even fabricated that the trading floor was knocked down and they took all the users' money and fled. so investing in large exchanges will be better.
As I said Bitbay is not a new exchange. It was made in 2014 ... Binance was made in 2017. They are boulding trust for 4 years not to loose it by scamming one person. They moved to Malta few months ago and maybe they have some problems with banking.
Im sure they wont scam you. I understand your frustration. Their behavior should be stigmatized but its more like huge mistake rather than intentional scam.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
Hi
I would like to warn you about this exchange: bitbay.
After depositing my money on their trading platform, they froze my account for no reason, they asked me for a selfie with my ID that I promptly sent to them.
After a few days they do not answer anymore and they keep my money or bitcoin without reason.
be very careful if you want to use this exchange.
You risk losing money or bitcoins and nobody answers you!!
You should submit photo evidence to confirm that people are real. Because your words can make Bitbay lose many investors.
I watched the brief and felt it was a good trading floor. I don't feel it's insecure!
Activity: 459
Merit: 10
Hi
After depositing my money on their trading platform, they froze my account for no reason, they asked me for a selfie with my ID that I promptly sent to them.
After a few days they do not answer anymore and they keep my money or bitcoin without reason.
Be careful with new exchanges, where a lot of fraudulent things happen.
The trading floors even fabricated that the trading floor was knocked down and they took all the users' money and fled. so investing in large exchanges will be better.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I update you on the situation.
they answered me a few days ago telling me to wait a few more days for security reasons..
several days have passed and they continue to illegitimately keep my funds. I do not know what to think! I sent to them my hard-earned money and they think to steal it like that?
I begin to think that they have scammed me.
I keep you updated on the situation
for now I advise you to be very careful or avoid this exchange.
legendary
Bitbay definetly is not a scam exchange. You can be sure that you will soonly see your founds. Bitbay is older than binance and for years is gaining trust. Perhaps in situation where you will firstly veryfi yourself (what is written in FAQ) your money would be avaible faster.

Dont worry. They whon't scam you.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
This was from bitbay FAQ:

Do I need to verify my account?

According to the terms of use, the account should be verified in order to obtain full functionality of the website. Full functionality means for example: the possibility to withdraw the funds from the account - both fiat and digital currencies, and to deposit fiat currencies on exchange.

Same case happened to someone, but in a different exchange. A friendly advice, next time you decided to sign up in an exchange (or in other sites), make sure to read the TOS or search atleast if they will require you to do KYC to use their full service before making a deposit.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Appreciate the warning but you should've searched before using it. There have been multiple warnings[1][2][3] about the website in the past as well.

[1] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-bitbaynet-scam-2078647
[2] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-bitbaynet-scam-2978978
[3] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitbaynet-scam-waiting-2249967
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi
Pages:
Jump to: