Pages:
Author

Topic: "Warning: Cryptocurrency Theft Involving Kaspersky Password Manager - My Story" - page 3. (Read 395 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 36
NO SHITCOIN INSIDE
Very sorry for your loss.

Many would say to never store such information online. But if you must store it online, use only software that is 100% open source.
There are some great open source password managers out there. Some are even free or very low cost.
Password managers hold the most critical and sensitive private data of our lives. So I would never trust one that is not verifiably open source, with well-known history and great reputation.

Again sorry for your loss.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Dear colleagues,

I want to share a story with all of you that happened to me and may be of interest to everyone who uses cryptocurrencies and security technologies. My name is Igor, I am a resident of the city of Slavgorod in the Altai Krai, Russia.

On July 12, 2023, I became a victim of cryptocurrency theft in the amount of 1.32605552 BTC. I had access to my wallet only on a paper medium, as well as through Kaspersky Password Manager, where 12 secret words were stored to access the wallet in the Trust Wallet application on my iPhone XS Max. Amazingly, my funds were transferred to another wallet, despite the fact that I did not receive any phishing or spam emails. Kaspersky suggested contacting the police to initiate an official investigation, which I did. A criminal case was opened, but, unfortunately, Kaspersky does not respond to police requests.

I am convinced that employees of Kaspersky are involved in this case, as I have a similar wallet on another iPhone with the same secret words in Trust Wallet, but without using Kaspersky Password Manager, and my funds remain intact on it.

It is very important to me that other users learn about this fraudulent scheme to avoid becoming its victims. The lost funds are of great value to me, so I appeal to you for support and advice. Perhaps someone among you has encountered a similar situation and can share their experience and advice.

Thank you for your attention and understanding.

Igor.
Transaction hash: 81cfe97cc16a49398d6986032ec8f6970ea80df5aa0990dcf0164de87136f5bf
Pages:
Jump to: