Pages:
Author

Topic: WARNING Do Not use GMAIL for Exchange email - page 2. (Read 315 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
February 02, 2021, 11:40:48 AM
This happened to me a few years back with one of my unlinked accounts
very frustrating, seems like you are going around in circles trying to deal
with automation.

I pretty much have ditched Gmail, I moved to ProtonMail and havent looked
back although I do still have the Gmail account for what I class as non-critical
mail, News, Twitter etc.

For sensitive personal mail they go to PM

I can recommend ProtonMail, its a paid service though and they take Bitcoin payments
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
February 02, 2021, 10:43:30 AM

Yeah, i have Yubikey on email now.     There is zero explanation why people got locked out, they just did.

The Point is. Its impossible to get back into Gmail once you are locked out.
The links are useless as you end up stuck in a loop where Gmail says they cant verify its you and so on.

These are the countless posts im seeing from people and i now know this from personal experience. Gmail think, "just make another one" Which is all fine and well unless you need your email to log into exchanges.   Cry Undecided

You opted for highest security with yubikey like gadgets but made mistake with logging in with wrong email, never trust google products for anything with your money is my recommendation for anyone in the future.

I never used Yubikey like authentication keys for accessing so not having much knowledge about it but if you added any recovery methods in the past then it is easier to recover right?
Activity: 623
Merit: 279
Hope & Positivity are keys to Success
February 02, 2021, 08:08:49 AM
I am also having my Gmail on my Android for half a decade now and I never faced any such issues with it?

I am having recovery email and verified mobile number which is not the case with you?

You will not be facing any issues when you are having 2FA via authentication apps instead of OTPs to your email or phone number so how exactly people got locked due to Gmail issue?

Yeah, i have Yubikey on email now.     There is zero explanation why people got locked out, they just did.

The Point is. Its impossible to get back into Gmail once you are locked out.
The links are useless as you end up stuck in a loop where Gmail says they cant verify its you and so on.

These are the countless posts im seeing from people and i now know this from personal experience. Gmail think, "just make another one" Which is all fine and well unless you need your email to log into exchanges.   Cry Undecided

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
February 02, 2021, 07:43:52 AM
I am also having my Gmail on my Android for half a decade now and I never faced any such issues with it?

I am having recovery email and verified mobile number which is not the case with you?

You will not be facing any issues when you are having 2FA via authentication apps instead of OTPs to your email or phone number so how exactly people got locked due to Gmail issue?
February 02, 2021, 07:16:49 AM
To Add.

All i had was Email address and password.  
Using same computer, same location as last 10+ years.

Which is useless, But reading online many who have 2fa backups also face the same problem.

Yes, there are many links of "help" but trust me, NOTHING HELPS.  Gmail will put you in endless loop of "we need more time" "We cant verify you"  There are many stories like mine, accounts 10+ year old with absolutely no way of contacting anyone from gmail.

Looking on official threads, the "help staff" say "my hands are tied" "nothing we can do".

It a big problem for many, but a even bigger problem for people in Crypto who will find themselves locked out of exchanges.

Exchanges need to be warning people against using Gmail. Its really that bad.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 3146
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
February 02, 2021, 06:43:32 AM
Don't you have a "backup email" like a second email for recovery? You should always have a backup plan in case of disaster. It should be possible to recover access you your account.
Never use the same email address for different services, at least for me it's more secure to have only one email for exchanges, different one for banking, third one for random browsing. It's a bit complicated but if you by mistake open some "shitty" link everything is "GONE".

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
February 02, 2021, 06:35:26 AM
I've been previously locked by Google as well. I hard bricked my phone and in order to prove that I'm the owner of my account, they requested me to log back into my old phone and give them a One-Time Password from it. And as I had it hard bricked, there was no way I could log back into it..

Google truly is a nightmare. Thanks God I got rid of their services entirely now.

I've also been locked out of Bittrex. In order to prove ownership of my account, they request KYC although I never completed it. Thanks God I have also gotten rid of their abusive exchange.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
February 02, 2021, 06:29:40 AM
How exactly did you get locked out of your gmail account? Did you forget your password or what is going on? Have you connected that gmail account to a phone number or alternative email account that you can use to recover it from?

A quick search finds a bunch or resources, here are just two that you can check:
https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/googleaccount/locked-out-of-your-google-account/1/
https://support.google.com/accounts/thread/2353456?hl=en

You can try to reach out to Bittrex or someone from their community over reddit. I am not sure if this is their official channel or not, but you can try it out since you can't access your exchange account.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bittrex/hot/
February 02, 2021, 06:24:07 AM
WARNING.  Do NOT use GMAIL for Exchange emails.

This happened to me recently, i have been locked out of my Gmail account with absolutely No way at all of ever getting "back in".  A quick search online and you will see posts from thousands of people worldwide, though absolutely no fault of their own, locked out of Gmail with absolutely no way of ever getting back in, even with 2FA on account.

Googles FULY AUTOMATED system is a nightmare and always leads to a dead end.

So PLEASE heed my warning and do not use Gmail.   I am currently locked out of my Bitrex account because i need to click a link in my email to log into account, you have to do this if

1. you are signing in from new location or your computer does not save locations, uses VPN.
2. you have not signed in for 30 days.

NOTE: Bittrex now for 4 days have not replied to my request for change of email, BUT obviously i had to make this request from another account as i can not log into Bittrex ZenDesk as i also need to click email link (thats im locked out of) to sign into help desk.

I am shocked that this is not more well known in Crypto, but believe me, there are going to be more and more posts about people getting locked out of account with no access ever again to funds.

If anyone here, has ever got back into a locked gmail account, please let me know how you done it.  Also to add, im signing in with same computer, location, ip as i have done so for the last 7 years, Gmail has gone "rogue".

Pages:
Jump to: