Pages:
Author

Topic: WARNING: Do not wire money to BTC-e. - page 2. (Read 3201 times)

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
January 05, 2014, 04:13:04 PM
I'd advise against wire transfers to ANY exchange.  It's much easier to do it P2P via https://localbitcoins.com/ and then you only need to transfer the BTC to an exchage if you want to buy Altcoins.
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
January 05, 2014, 03:57:53 PM
I have read several such posts...yet, I just had wired 1000euros and in 6 days al was verified and everything is working a-okay.
Just bought BTC and LTC...haven't cashed out yet.

So...maybe the system has just flaws?
I've also read a lot of stories like mine, where everything seems to be just OKAY.

Sooo....I don't know what to make of it.

Tschai - have you attempted to make any withdrawals? There are plenty of accounts of people trying to withdraw
and their troubles start there.
Please let us know, if you get a chance

UPDATE:
I can now confirm that any transactions/service by and via BTC-e has been done without any loss of BTC/altcoin...and they are legit in my books.

I have withdrawn 1+ BTC today, and everything went well...although I did get and message 'You have not enough amount to widthdraw'...or something like that.
And the confirmation link in my mail triggered a Russian error, because I was not logged in.

But within minutes I did receive every 'cent' from my account to my address.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 03, 2013, 11:56:11 PM
While I've heard of some eventual successes, I wouldn't try to wire money to BTC-e. It seems that they selectively . . . misplace transfers in, anywhere from several weeks to months. Their customer service is completely unresponsive, so if it's a question of missing documents or the like, they don't want your help to clear it up.

Can you imagine what they're doing with your money? If you can imagine it, it's probably happening.

I've had it with these fraudsters. They've stolen over $10,000 from me. Don't let it happen to you.

- Findiggle.

Why would you do that though? You should only be exchanging in BTC or some other currency, not USD. Just cash out with USD, but never invest any, unless it's a small amount

What are you on about? Why would I use USD? Would things have been any different if I'd had my (American) bank transfer Euros? It's done, so that sounds like a rhetorical cheap shot on your part, but perhaps I misunderstand you. If you've had a good experience with a similar sequence of events, then by all means post about it, and try to recover some trust for BTC-e's fast-sinking reputation.

Maybe you're asking why I would send money to a (purportedly) reputable exchange in order to exchange that money for cryptocurrency? Why would I use a business for its intended purpose? Why would I then post about how I and many others now suspect them to be shady, in order that still others may avoid our fate? Sorry, I've no clue what your actual question might be. I doubt you have one.

More questions about incompetence and/or outright fraud by BTC-e:

http://www.coindesk.com/btc-e-exchange-banking-issues/

- Findiggle.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 03, 2013, 06:17:16 PM
While I've heard of some eventual successes, I wouldn't try to wire money to BTC-e. It seems that they selectively . . . misplace transfers in, anywhere from several weeks to months. Their customer service is completely unresponsive, so if it's a question of missing documents or the like, they don't want your help to clear it up.

Can you imagine what they're doing with your money? If you can imagine it, it's probably happening.

I've had it with these fraudsters. They've stolen over $10,000 from me. Don't let it happen to you.

- Findiggle.

Why would you do that though? You should only be exchanging in BTC or some other currency, not USD. Just cash out with USD, but never invest any, unless it's a small amount
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
December 03, 2013, 06:04:24 PM
Anyone managed to withdraw fiat?

I only withdrew BTC.
Activity: 10
December 03, 2013, 02:41:17 PM
Anyone managed to withdraw fiat?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
December 03, 2013, 01:35:03 PM
I have sent many SEPA's to btc-e, and it works flawlessly. Their customer service also works OK, had to contact them as they increased the requirements for identification for withdrawals.
Activity: 32
December 03, 2013, 01:26:38 PM
Did you use the payment reference they requested? Just wondering if it's a system error or premeditated theft.

They got me for £1500 too.
December 03, 2013, 01:09:25 PM
Not tried it yet... Roll Eyes
Activity: 70
November 30, 2013, 02:40:59 PM
I have read several such posts...yet, I just had wired 1000euros and in 6 days al was verified and everything is working a-okay.

I've also read a lot of stories like mine, where everything seems to be just OKAY.

Tschai - have you attempted to make any withdrawals? There are plenty of accounts of people trying to withdraw
and their troubles start there.
Please let us know, if you get a chance
Activity: 63
November 30, 2013, 06:28:27 AM
Big thanks for this thread author,my friend yesterday was deposited money to btc-e,but i say for him about this thread.
November 30, 2013, 06:20:57 AM

Activity: 8
November 30, 2013, 06:14:07 AM
Sad to read, I was interested in their new USD to PPC option.
Activity: 64
November 30, 2013, 05:52:01 AM
Hopefully the situation with exchanges improves soon. There are so many stories of scams and difficulty exchanging currencies and etc. currently. I'm really wanting to get into cryptocurrency but it seems like a pretty huge leap of faith to give some of these exchanges anything.  Undecided
Activity: 2
November 30, 2013, 05:34:36 AM
I too find BTC-e very difficult to work with
Activity: 84
November 30, 2013, 04:59:37 AM
There was a guy earlier complaining on how he lost 35k its a real shame that they are scamming or they are having server errors
Activity: 2
November 30, 2013, 04:58:12 AM
Just transfer in btc and trade with that. Have people had similair issues withdrawing btc from them or just depositing???
Activity: 8
November 30, 2013, 04:56:03 AM
Duly noted.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
November 30, 2013, 04:27:57 AM
Thanks for the heads-up

Hope it gets sorted out soon...
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965