Pages:
Author

Topic: Warning: Fake BTC core BTC wallet in Google Play - page 2. (Read 517 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Seriously though, Google needs to be a bit more strict concerning app submission.
I doubt that they will take action of being more strict, there were a lot of reports before about fraudulent and copy cat apps that has been made but it seems they are still soft about that issue.

I mean, they really have to at some point, probably at least on the Finance category as I assume it's the category with the most fraudulent apps and it's where most damage can be inflicted upon the users. It's probably just harder to confirm if a certain bitcoin wallet is actually a scam compared to just easily removing obviously fake PayPal apps and such.
Activity: 360
Merit: 251
What annoys me is the baffoons allow this shit to get in but ban apps that use proof of time mining. They don't mine with the hardware you just run the app, yet people report it. People shouldn't be using crypto if they don't know whats going on. Now how long will this app be on the store for? They should do checks on financial apps.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Seriously though, Google needs to be a bit more strict concerning app submission.
I doubt that they will take action of being more strict, there were a lot of reports before about fraudulent and copy cat apps that has been made but it seems they are still soft about that issue.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
Thanks Baofeng for the instruction. Just reported it. I thought there should be a report button in the Play store. It's a bit difficult for regular users to report apps if they follow the given procedure. Let's hope they'll take it down soon.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Good find. It's funny how this fraudulent wallet is claiming to be a bitcoin full node(via app description), but the app has BitcoinCash and Ethereum support lmao.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
I would like to report it as well, but how can you report if without installing it? Tried to search for some rerpot links but didn't found anyting?
Anyone can help?

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/contact/takedown

Just tick on the reason, I tick on Unlawful activities. and then on the "Please explain briefly why you flagged the app". I say that this is a fake wallet and a scam. And then tick "Yes" Is the application still available on Google Play?" and then put the link that I provided above (just replace the [dot] with .. And then you will see this message "Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your bringing this to our attention.".
Activity: 555
Merit: 271
Most of BTC wallet in Google Play is fake. So, if you want download BTC wallet better you find in their website then click link redirected to Google Play.
Like a Blockchain, you can find here https://www.blockchain.com/id/wallet.
Then click download on Google Play then this will redirect to Google Play.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
I would like to report it as well, but how can you report if without installing it? Tried to search for some rerpot links but didn't found anyting?
Anyone can help?
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
It's also worth noting that Bitcoin Core does not have a mobile version. Anything that claims to be is fake, and will almost certainly steal your coins and/or infect you with something.

If you're in the market for a mobile wallet, you may as well go for established ones, or at the very least take the time to research more obscure ones.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
Thanks for noticing this, I already reported it to the Google Playstore.

Please help me to report the android app on Google Playstore, it's easy to report if you are on your Google Playstore app. This app should be taken down as soon as possible.

Read more here about report content issues or violations on Google Playstore: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2853570
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
There seems to be a fake BTC core - BTC wallet in Google Play.

Code:
FAKE Wallet - https://play[dot]google[dot]com/store/apps/details?id=com.corelinkbtc

So don't download this app as I'm sure they're going to steal your precious BTC. And as far as I know, core hasn't released any android wallet version (correct me if I'm wrong), so obviously this is fake.
Pages:
Jump to: