Pages:
Author

Topic: warning, phishing sites in google search - page 2. (Read 338 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
when i was doing some keywords researches, I found this phishing site that is a complete clone of the online wallet blockchain.info
be careful when using search engines, this phishing site is so professional made that you can't tell the difference between the real and the fake one

in search result the ad have the domain name "blockchainnorth.se" that get redirected to "blockclnains.info/index.html" you can check it yourself

edit: while i was writing this the ad got taking down, but the phishing site is still up.

This because people giving ads with the help of Google adwords campaign. If you bet for the keyword you can get the pop up on the first as much of hits they given above. I am not sure, are they make money or not.
Because adwords campaign cost them more. If they pay also not good to manage it.

To make ourself safe, we first need to use the perfect URL for the wallet. Whether it is blockchain or MEW, condition is same for every wallet.
Activity: 2688
Merit: 625
As I have mentioned on the other thread about the same issue, it would be a big help you'll report these Phishing sites on google.

Please report any Phishing page that you'll see in Google search results at https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/?hl=en
Reference with detailed info: Prevent & report phishing attacks

Since you already installed an ad block, just report the one you saw yesterday. It would be a relief if those sites will be taken down right away (not just the ad, but the site itself).

Installing ad block wasn't an assurance that you'll be safe with phising attacks, because some feature of those intruder's softwares were highly dangerous. They have their own stealth program which can ignore preventive softwares such as ad block. However, let me suggest a trusted and reliable antivirus software that can protect you from this kind of circumstances that's merely possible to happen anytime. Eset nod32 antivirus can help you all of these phising matters, it can protect and defend your privacy especially the browsing activities you had will be closely monitored and am confidently conclude that it made my whole pc system smooth for years.
No one said that there's an assurance though. He installed it to prevent seeing or accidentally clicking phishing sites on Google Ads, not particularly to be safe in all phishing sites out there.

Anyway, the person himself still need to be cautious and don't just depend on whatever app/software he has. Even an anti virus (regardless if it's Eset, Norton, BitDefender, etc.) cannot protect you/your PC 100%.  Cheesy
There would be always a flaw and theres no assurance 100% that we would really be safe into those dangerous things like phishing or even malwares that can be possibly downloaded accidentally.It would really just still depend on how cautious we are as a pc user.If you arent aware onto those things like you dont have any idea on the first place then you should make up some research anytime.Make yourself learning so that you would be aware on whats happening around.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
These types of scams are quite common, and happens all the time with all crypto related services essentially, whether it be a wallet, an exchange, or even a bitcoin mixer. Always be careful when clicking on google ads. In fact, don't click on them at all.

As Tryninja said, use an adblocker if possible. That's the most direct route.

Google's going to take out these ads I believe in a few months anyways so it's not going to be a concern anymore. But doesn't mean that google is the only route by which phishing links can spread, there can be a multitude of ways, including email as well. Bookmarking the crypto exchange or wallet you frequently visit can be helpful as well, or simply remember the URL.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Well I bet they are the same guys who created blockchaln.info which spoofed in google results couple years ago, by the way, is this referring to blockchain.info ? cause I checked the site as you've mentioned on the op "blockchainnorth.se" it does not even look similar to blockchain.info but totally different it's a site about an upcoming event or something.
The point is never google the site just bookmark it and check the address before you enter your sensitive data.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
As I have mentioned on the other thread about the same issue, it would be a big help you'll report these Phishing sites on google.

Please report any Phishing page that you'll see in Google search results at https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/?hl=en

Since you already installed an ad block, just report the one you saw yesterday. It would be a relief if those sites will be taken down right away (not just the ad, but the site itself).

Installing ad block wasn't an assurance that you'll be safe with phising attacks, because some feature of those intruder's softwares were highly dangerous. They have their own stealth program which can ignore preventive softwares such as ad block. However, let me suggest a trusted and reliable antivirus software that can protect you from this kind of circumstances that's merely possible to happen anytime. Eset nod32 antivirus can help you all of these phising matters, it can protect and defend your privacy especially the browsing activities you had will be closely monitored and am confidently conclude that it made my whole pc system smooth for years.
No one said that there's an assurance though. He installed it to prevent seeing or accidentally clicking phishing sites on Google Ads, not particularly to be safe in all phishing sites out there.

Anyway, the person himself still need to be cautious and don't just depend on whatever app/software he has. Even an anti virus (regardless if it's Eset, Norton, BitDefender, etc.) cannot protect you/your PC 100%.  Cheesy
MiF
Activity: 1344
Merit: 258

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

Activity: 487
Merit: 536
All I need's a win.
even using adblock extension it will not block google search ads, at least not for me.
Then you are using a bad adblock.

I recommend uBlock Origin (chrome/firefox). Haven't seen a single Google ad in more than 1 year. And for those who manage to bypass the block, I manually add it to the filter and never see them again.

you were right, i was using a bad adblock, uBlock Origin works just fine, thanks.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 410
Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org
even using adblock extension it will not block google search ads, at least not for me.
I use AdBlock on opera, and its work very well. I just try use ads block from opera itself and it work very well too.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Then you are using a bad adblock.

I recommend uBlock Origin (chrome/firefox). Haven't seen a single Google ad in more than 1 year. And for those who manage to bypass the block, I manually add it to the filter and never see them again.
All I need's a win.
Easiest solution ever: use an adblock extension and never fall for this phising websites with ads on Google.
Work very well on me, i use adblock and never see phising site again.

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410
Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org
Easiest solution ever: use an adblock extension and never fall for this phising websites with ads on Google.
Work very well on me, i use adblock and never see phising site again.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
All I need's a win.
when i was doing some keywords researches, I found this phishing site that is a complete clone of the online wallet blockchain.info
be careful when using search engines, this phishing site is so professional made that you can't tell the difference between the real and the fake one

in search result the ad have the domain name "blockchainnorth.se" that get redirected to "blockclnains.info/index.html" you can check it yourself

edit: while i was writing this the ad got taking down, but the phishing site is still up.

Pages:
Jump to: