Pages:
Author

Topic: Warning: Please check that the computer's date and time... 0.8.2 Client - page 2. (Read 5528 times)

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
check the next line. If fMatch is false, then the warning triggers.
Activity: 675
Merit: 514
Code:
// If nobody has a time different than ours but within 5 minutes of ours, give a warning
bool fMatch = false;
BOOST_FOREACH(int64 nOffset, vSorted)
  if (nOffset != 0 && abs64(nOffset) < 5 * 60)
    fMatch = true;
This doesn't make sense to me.
Give a warning if the time offset is 0 ?
legendary
Have you tried manually synchronizing your time with window's time servers? If you fail to synchronize with windows time, it means there's an issue. In some cases, your computer time may appear to be correct, but your timezone is set incorrectly, resulting in incorrect time.
All good guesses.  Checked the timezone is set correctly for Utah and it sync'd just fine to the server.  Still have the message.  

I have a file synchronizer program I wrote a few years ago and if there was anything wrong with my systems date/time it would be barfing up 10 thousand files, but it is working fine.  Maybe it's time I pulled in the bitcoin source and started becoming a power-user myself.
that's not going to help

check the source for the warning: src/util.cpp

so either:
a) every peer you're connected to is trolling you
or
b) your system time isn't correct.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Have you tried manually synchronizing your time with window's time servers? If you fail to synchronize with windows time, it means there's an issue. In some cases, your computer time may appear to be correct, but your timezone is set incorrectly, resulting in incorrect time.
All good guesses.  Checked the timezone is set correctly for Utah and it sync'd just fine to the server.  Still have the message. 

I have a file synchronizer program I wrote a few years ago and if there was anything wrong with my systems date/time it would be barfing up 10 thousand files, but it is working fine.  Maybe it's time I pulled in the bitcoin source and started becoming a power-user myself.
legendary
Activity: 886
Merit: 1013
Yes, I did check the year.  And I think it started the day after the power went out last Sunday.  I've double checked the date and times on both my local DHCP router and my Internet modem.  It doesn't appear to be stopping the program, but it is a mystery.

I had this warning on my linux client. It didn't cause any problems though and I think it disappeared after a while. Date was correct in my case too.
Yes, I did check the year.  And I think it started the day after the power went out last Sunday.  I've double checked the date and times on both my local DHCP router and my Internet modem.  It doesn't appear to be stopping the program, but it is a mystery.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
I hate to ask this, but have you double-checked that the year was correct?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Has it been there for a while?
I've checked that both my CMOS and Windows 7 date and time are correct, yet I have this warning plastered across my client.  Any Ideas?
Pages:
Jump to: