Pages:
Author

Topic: Warning: Stay away from TheCoinMiners.com - page 2. (Read 2796 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
They have deleted my post, and someone else (with 1 post) just claimed how well their coupon code works.

I will put up a blog or something so that I will not be censored. This whole site is a crock of shit.
Activity: 22
Scammers these days... ridiculous
https://www.bitcoinforum.com/bitcoin-mining/the-coin-miners-new-miner-store-as-cheap-as-$10/msg9469/#msg9469

[They've removed it. Apparently, the moderator is in on it]

My story is posted.  If they aren't fraudulent, they shouldn't be in business anyway.
My package did not arrive today. No response from them with my inquiry yesterday.
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Over 12,000 orders in just 2 weeks and over 15,000 affiliates in the affiliate program the database exceeded 1 terabyte and crashed

ROFL.  12k orders and 15k affiliates being tracked created 1 TERABYTE of data ??
Update:

I did not receive my package today.  I have emailed them for additional information.
I placed an order from them for the first time last week.  I asked for a coupon code and they gave me 10% off.
I went ahead and ordered some stuff. I received order confirmation and shipping. This was May 20th.

A couple days went by and I tried to log in to the site and did it did not work. This freaked me out. This is May 22nd.
I sent them a message:

Hello,

This order is no longer showing up on the web interface.  Additionally, when I tried to log in this morning, I am no longer recognized.  Please respond as soon as possible.

Sorry, [email protected] is not recognized as a user name or an e-mail address.
Sorry, jgauthier is not recognized as a user name or an e-mail address.

"After setting your password, you will be able to log in at
http://www.thecoinminers.com/?q=user in the future using:

username: jgauthier
password: XXXXX

I received a response same day:
Jason,

Although the website is up the Database is undergoing maintenance which restricts access to user accounts, order history, and affiliate program stats. It should be back up within 24 hours. The database size grew too large for the server so we are migrating it. Over 12,000 orders in just 2 weeks and over 15,000 affiliates in the affiliate program the database exceeded 1 terabyte and crashed. I myself cannot access the database right now so I cannot give you an update on your order status as of now. If you ordered after 8 a.m. this morning your order will ship tonight by 5 p.m. If you ordered before 8 a.m. this morning your order shipped about 45 minutes ago. That is about all the information I can give right now.

Thank You,

The Coin Miners Support

The "web database is still broken."
I was expecting my package on Saturday, and I emailed them again, Mostly, I am emailing them to see if they respond.
This is May 24th:
Your database appears to be down still. Are you still working on this?  I was thinking my shipment would be here by today and I wanted to find out of there was a tracking number.  I'm not sure where you ship from, but most places get to me (in Ohio) in 4 days.

Thanks!

They responded on Saturday, 05/24:
Jason,

Order # 84 is scheduled for delivery on Monday 5/26/14, When we ship bulk USPS we do not get individual tracking numbers we can give out as all tracking info is in our USPS account and are tracked by our PO number.

Thank You,

The Coin Miners Support Team

Since 05/26, is a holiday, I expect the package to be waiting for me today.
They have been very responsive to emails.  If they are a legitimate business, this broken order deal is certainly hurting them.

I will post later when/if I receive the package.
Activity: 23
No real updates other than no response as of yet, I sent them another message using the contact us form that is on the site.

Here is another topic on it lets see if they receive anything.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/thecoinminerscom-620742
Sorry, but i see a new account with only 2 posts. both of those posts in this thread. that also has a bitcoin address listed in its profile which possesses 0 bitcoin. I find 0 TX record posted, 0 signs that you sent any payment to this site. Something tells me you are either here to troll or you yourself are in the hardware business and are trying to damage your competition. Because i have found dozens of people who have ordered from them through reddit who had nothing but good things to say.

Post some proof that you were scammed or forever be branded a liar for crying wolf for your own malicious reasons.

I do not see any reason that I should be using my address that I hold my bitcoins in and it is easier to keep track if any one has donated any.

But here you go.
Here is what was in the email for payment
Order Grand Total:   $66.46
Payment Method:    Bitcoin, BTC 0.149 to 1ACLMXmLVEyWwffU9ngPwkiMKP9eDZSw73

I sent the payment from my coinbase account and do not see and address for the account.

I do have other accounts that I use for bitcoin such as two blockchain.info wallets below is one of them. I do not sell equipment/miners and if I did bashing other vendors would be bad business and show that I could not provide a worthwhile service, so the only thing I could do is make others bad.

I call BS on the good reddit comments as the four threads there were all started by thecoinminers http://www.reddit.com/search?q=thecoinminers&restrict_sr=off&sort=relevance&t=all
The only person that mentions that they have recieved anything is JohnnyBitcoinWalker same handle as this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=593573.160

If I get a reply or anything from them I will update this and let everyone know. Till then its your BTC and let me know if you ever receive any thing from them.
Activity: 40
Sorry, but i see a new account with only 2 posts. both of those posts in this thread. that also has a bitcoin address listed in its profile which possesses 0 bitcoin. I find 0 TX record posted, 0 signs that you sent any payment to this site. Something tells me you are either here to troll or you yourself are in the hardware business and are trying to damage your competition. Because i have found dozens of people who have ordered from them through reddit who had nothing but good things to say.

Post some proof that you were scammed or forever be branded a liar for crying wolf for your own malicious reasons.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Thank you, I will add to my blacklist.
I have not heard back but I do not expect to. Thats why I posted, because I searched for them and did not find anything good or bad so I thought I would give them a try. Atleast I did not try to but 4 gridseeds like i was wanting to do.

But now I'm out my gridseed since it was my coworkers money. I was getting them set up to mine, now i have to wait for the Zeus miner to be delivered to mine again.

Glad I could help keep someone from losing there BTC.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Their prices definitely looked good, was curious as to whether or not they were the real deal.  Was actually just about to shoot off a small test order, but thought I'd do a search to see if anybody had ordered from them.  Hopefully you make some headway and they get back to you.

Since this post was in May, I don't think they tried to get back to him. His BTC is forever lost, oh noes.
Activity: 1
Their prices definitely looked good, was curious as to whether or not they were the real deal.  Was actually just about to shoot off a small test order, but thought I'd do a search to see if anybody had ordered from them.  Hopefully you make some headway and they get back to you.
TheCoinMiners.com or The Coin Miners is a SCAM.

I purchased a Gridseed from them sent BTC0.149 for it. After a few confirmations I checked my account on the site it did not have my order history. About an hour later I tried again and the site no longer had my any record of my account or email.

I have sent an email to all addresses I could find for the site and have not heard back in 24hrs.

Stay away from TheCoinMiners.com unless you want to through away your BTC, or better yet give it to me. Roll Eyes

I hope no one else loses money to this thief.
Pages:
Jump to: