Pages:
Author

Topic: Warning to torrent downloaders - page 2. (Read 331 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 103
January 23, 2019, 05:14:56 AM
I won't and never download torrent in my own computer from unknown torrent source link, especially the title mention is free/crack/giveaway, just do it in vmware to protect your computer security if you're crypto investor, remember the easy way to steal people sensitive information is keylogger virus and I recommend install popular antivirus software.
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
January 23, 2019, 03:03:55 AM
I never like torrent downloading because they easily get your pc infected with viruses and you won't see it coming until you use WinZip or winrar to extract the file before you know what you got ,thanks for the info I will tell my friends they are torrent freaks
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
January 23, 2019, 02:14:35 AM
Damn I'm a fan of torrent downloading but I don't just download anyhow ,I always download from trusted source like yts but thanks for the warning I will be careful more
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 23, 2019, 01:10:29 AM
I don't download torrent files.

But make sure that whatever you download see to it that it came from reliable source. There are people that puts malware to these downloadable files so they can have a look to your files and can have an entry to your computer.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
January 23, 2019, 12:41:29 AM
Yes, I read this news couple of days ago and I'm not surprised though, this crypto currency thingy has been out of proportions and there are people who take advantage of it to steal someone's coin in any method they can think of.

Another moral lesson here: Don't download anything just for the sake of getting it free. You just don't know how much damage it can inflict to you in the future.
Activity: 1458
Merit: 509
January 23, 2019, 12:39:31 AM
at least the virustotal would not define the threat as virus or keylogger.
contact for FUD keylogger to put with graphical picture with the GUI for service similar to GUI wallet
log sent to FTP hosting page.

That's indeed but this to make sure the possibility to get infected by the malware. it's better rather than put ourselves into the risk by download a file through use a downloader that contains the malware.
But i guess most of the downloaders contain the malware.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 23, 2019, 12:24:27 AM
For those who torrent files, an instance of the "Cozybear" malware was found in a download.

This is a reminder to the community to keep their torrenting separate from where they store their online wallets.   

https://cryptomenow.com/the-most-straight-forward-guide-to-wanchain-wan-in-cryptocurrency/
This is a reminder for all of us who love to download torrent file, just be careful and only download to a trusted sites. But if you cant avoid downloading from other site just check and investigate first if the site or file is safe. Don't take the risk too much or else you lose big thing.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
January 23, 2019, 12:03:17 AM
at least the virustotal would not define the threat as virus or keylogger.
contact for FUD keylogger to put with graphical picture with the GUI for service similar to GUI wallet
log sent to FTP hosting page.
Activity: 616
Merit: 13
January 22, 2019, 10:49:49 PM
For those who torrent files, an instance of the "Cozybear" malware was found in a download.

This is a reminder to the community to keep their torrenting separate from where they store their online wallets.   

https://cryptomenow.com/the-most-straight-forward-guide-to-wanchain-wan-in-cryptocurrency/

the internet seems to become very frightening to me now, Imagine that you did bounties the whole year in able to get some crypto because you can't afford to buy then ended uphaving your earnings been stolen because of this kind of hackers gimmicks. Everyone should be really aware of this.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
January 22, 2019, 08:50:56 PM
Thank you for the warning. I agree with you. The investor and also the holders of the tokens especially to those who have a high value already must separate their device to a more private and secure device to ensure no possible loss of tokens from hacking attempt.
Activity: 246
Merit: 0
January 22, 2019, 02:12:50 AM
Thanks for the heads up
Activity: 42
Merit: 3
January 18, 2019, 04:39:54 PM

Pages:
Jump to: