Pages:
Author

Topic: WARNING ! Vircurex is freezing your BTC, LTC, FTC, TRC. - page 2. (Read 3120 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
"Vircurex is freezing your BTC, LTC, FTC, TRC."

The title of this thread is misleading. Vircurex isn't "freezing" anyone's BTC, LTC, FTC, TRC. They are refusing to honor the IOUs which they issued when someone deposited their BTC, LTC, FTC, TRC.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.

I didn't choose that wording.. they did.

Btw.. this update did not appear until after I cleared the browser cookies..

After my initial attempts to withdrawal BTC failed, I bought some FTC. I have since sent 0.234xx BTC which has yet to appear on my account.
https://blockchain.info/address/15hpwsw7V55voV2ZrCvY8MXCVtzcafBdLR
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
"Vircurex is freezing your BTC, LTC, FTC, TRC."

The title of this thread is misleading. Vircurex isn't "freezing" anyone's BTC, LTC, FTC, TRC. They are refusing to honor the IOUs which they issued when someone deposited their BTC, LTC, FTC, TRC.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.

In case anyone was further mislead by this post, he basically means the same thing just said with fancy words.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Yikes This sucks. Reminds me of the problems with Bter.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
There aren't any coins left to honour deposits as a result of the hack last year. 

I withdrew coins in the form dogecoins a few days ago.  You may still be able to convert to doge and withdraw, I'm not sure about this.

I can't foresee trade fees being able to pay back all deposits, although we don't know actually number of coins we are talking.
legendary
I get this when I attempt to withdrawal BTC or FTC.

legendary
Talk about a nice kick in the ass !

https://vircurex.com/welcome/ann_reserved.html
Frozen Funds

In preparation of the following, we have with immediate effect stopped the possibilities to withdraw BTC, LTC, FTC and TRC. All incoming deposits will also not be credited to the users accounts for the time being.

On 24th March 2014 we will be freezing the current BTC, LTC, TRC and FTC accounts, then perform the below distribution of the available coins and reenable deposits and withdrawals. This action will also require us to delete all open sell orders for BTC, LTC, FTC and TRC.

SCREW YOU vircurex ! RETURN MY COINS !
Pages:
Jump to: