Pages:
Author

Topic: Warren Buffet has some very wise words. Crypto applicable. - page 3. (Read 541 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
Actually, I less able to make people aware against who have an investment specially when they had experienced a loss and charge them to keep believing in the place of investment that he chooses, in this case the choose cryptocurrency. Agree, cryptocurrency experienced a violent clash last year and made many investors went home with a loss and force them to spread bad suggestions to new investors who intend to invest, might many people have seen several FUDs that spread in this forum.

I believe this thread (article) can provide a new perspective for everyone who experiences a loss, not all investment places will provide benefits at any time even though it's gold. Many phases must be passed to become an investment place that can be trusted by many people. And I'm sure cryptocurrency is meeting a phase where the phase provides a challenge for each investor. Yeah, everyone who gives up will always find a dead end wherever he goes, in contrast to someone who is always sure of the way he chooses, he will always pursue the desired target despite finding a steep road.

Well done OP.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
I do not see why people who are involved in cryptocurrency show so much admiration for Buffett? Is that because of the enormous wealth he created for himself and some people around them, and in the same time has created a poverty all around the world? Why one man need 87$ billion, and tens of thousands of people die each day from starvation and curable diseases?

Let's cut the crap here, mate

Most people are involved in Bitcoin for profits, even if some of them may claim to the contrary, and it is kinda normal. Buffett has proved that he certainly knows his shit, i.e. knows how to earn money. So it doesn't matter what he thinks about Bitcoin (we all know what he thinks). It is his skills, expertise and life experience in general which are of interest to us. Yes, he does mistakes (which he evidently admits) but it doesn't take anything from his wisdom (actually, it may even add more value to it). Well, this is what I think at least (you may think different, I don't mind)
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
Warren buffet had a shorter version of this, he said "fear when others are greedy and be greedy when others fear".

Basically, a low market means cheap stocks, if you look at stocks right now most of them do not even deserve the price they are in and basically all cheap just because the market went down, sometimes a company can do well, stock can go up and everything can seem like its going great and all of a sudden stock could take a crash down just because market is bad even if the company is doing well.

Even during these times all the tax cuts made by the government is used to purchase buybacks and that didn't happen during 2008 year as much, that is because during 2008 many companies actually went bankrupt whereas this years deal wasn't because of bad performing companies and they realized their own companies worth more than the stock and did a buyback.

Definitely could apply to bitcoin and crypto in general.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you ...
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it.

Wise words and quite nice poem to improve the self esteem in hard times, whether we talk about stocks or crypto, whether we talk about the every day struggle in life.
Thanks for sharing.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
This is true not only on stocks or cryptocurrencies but also on other aspects in life. Warren Buffet has all the experiences he needs to influence and help other people in starting out their own ventures. While the man is a known critic of cryptocurrencies, citing that they bring 'no value to the table,' he still deliver some great knowledge on investing and handling investments as well. He might not know it but bitcoin is also facing similar events that happen on stocks and bonds, albeit the former experiencing these things quite often. Nevertheless, Warren Buffet is someone to be respected, and his words are applicable to crypto whether he likes it or not.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I do not see why people who are involved in cryptocurrency show so much admiration for Buffett? Is that because of the enormous wealth he created for himself and some people around them, and in the same time has created a poverty all around the world? Why one man need 87$ billion, and tens of thousands of people die each day from starvation and curable diseases?

Buy low, sell high - hold for long term, most of people know that. Even Buffett make mistakes, he is not some amazing man who can predict future. He lost close to 4$ billion in one day just on Apple's stocks, and few more billions on other investments.

What's more tragic for him that he bought more Apple shares just few months before big crush.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Well i do agree with his statement though and i also know of this popular statement which was made by him that says "The stock market is a tool for moving money from the inpatience to the patience. Currently so many people are panicking in this bear market to the extent that they are selling their cryptocurrencies at a very cheap price. Those who are able to hold their coins till a rise in market are the ones that are going to make huge profits of their investments.
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
Warren Buffet is right on this, as CRYPTO is related to the stock market  and base on his experience his words are loaded with wisdom. thou lots of investors are tired of hearing the word HOLD, My Quote is "WHEN YOU GIVE UP, THEN IT IS OVER" Thou we have experience unbelievable market crash, let us keep holding the bull run is near
legendary
Those are wise words, better than the crap that comes from john mcafee's twitter posts. Bitcoin will fall, it has fallen many times, buy now at the bottom then sell when it peaks, easy

Absolutely agree with this

People should listen less to publicity whores and drama queens like John McAfee, Craig Wright and their likes, who obviously have their own agenda, while listen more to people like Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger, who don't make empty promises, who are clear and honest about their true intentions

For example, many of us are not quite happy with what Warren Buffett thinks and says about cryptocurrencies in general and Bitcoin in particular but in no case we can call him a liar or hypocrite. In other words, whenever you see or hear John McAfee mentioned, skip it and ignore it
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
Those are wise words, better than the crap that comes from john mcafee's twitter posts. Bitcoin will fall, it has fallen many times, buy now at the bottom then sell when it peaks, easy
Activity: 546
💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲
This is a very wise word, many people complain when bitcoin price keep on reducing, but when it reach its peak everyone regret of not buying early, and some of them think crypto as an investment that going to make them rich in an instant, now the bear market had happened for a long time, its time to buy and wait for the reversal

in practice, especially in bearish market conditions, people tend to avoid any loss, including being very careful in choosing coins when trading, they just realize crypto is very dangerous when it comes in this term. Buy and Wait is not a solution to all problem from our previous loses.

legendary
This is a very wise word, many people complain when bitcoin price keep on reducing, but when it reach its peak everyone regret of not buying early, and some of them think crypto as an investment that going to make them rich in an instant, now the bear market had happened for a long time, its time to buy and wait for the reversal

This is, sadly the truth. In the end, as many people suggest, investment is moving the wealth from the masses to individuals, and hopefully, I can be one of those individuals with my holding bags. Last year I learned it the hard way that holding is not always profitable, so it is really important to watch the market periodically in crypto. Unlike traditional assets, crypto is very volatile and this nature makes people hope that they can get rich quickly. Most people are here for the money, they don't care about the tech

Shares are not less volatile than crypto

And this is exactly what Warren Buffett himself says specifically about Berkshire Hathaway stock which plummeted 50.7 percent in less than half a year. Today I read a post by some dude around here who brought forth the very example of Berkshire Hathaway stock as something which can't possibly fall in value, and here you see Warren Buffett in person saying that Berkshire shares have suffered four "truly major dips". Can it really be more ironic than that?
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

This is, sadly the truth. In the end, as many people suggest, investment is moving the wealth from the masses to individuals, and hopefully, I can be one of those individuals with my holding bags. Last year I learned it the hard way that holding is not always profitable, so it is really important to watch the market periodically in crypto. Unlike traditional assets, crypto is very volatile and this nature makes people hope that they can get rich quickly. Most people are here for the money, they don't care about the tech.

Just look at BTT, as long as it gives them profit it is not a scam.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
Activity: 912
Merit: 661
Do due diligence
Thank you for the post!
"Investors" need to memorize that poem ;-)

"If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"

and internalize the understanding of the thing they invest in...no matter what it is.
That is how you can stand and stay focused when no one else can, and it's how the rest of the poem falls into place.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
There's nothing new in Buffet's words,if you ask me.It's the good old "nobody knows where the prices will go tomorrow or next month" just calm down and keep your self-confidence.
Buffet is a bitcoin hater,I don't think that he finds any correlation between the stock markets and the crypto market.
Activity: 1912
Merit: 354
Hey Krogo, thanks for the merit  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1415
It wouldn't be the first time that a post of mine was taken down, I don't take it personally.   Smiley 

It's not personal it's just the mods keeping the different sections in order so that you can find what you are looking for.  Great topic, just dont think it will stay here in collectables for obvious reasons.  Cheesy
Activity: 1912
Merit: 354
It wouldn't be the first time that a post of mine was taken down, I don't take it personally.   Smiley 
Activity: 2408
Merit: 668
Community management 24/7 for hire
Only problem with using the "teory" for others markets like crypto is you don't know if you are in bear market because the crypto technology is at a dead end.

All here think we are the future. But maybe not Shocked

After bear market we see bull market. Until we don't.
Pages:
Jump to: