Pages:
Author

Topic: Was Ripple ahead of its time? - page 2. (Read 1451 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Looking for the next big thing
September 29, 2014, 02:05:34 AM
I think it was a great idea.  I think it still is, I just think it was a bad execution.  I think a lot of people are looking to Stellar now to have a "stellar" execution. 
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 29, 2014, 02:04:48 AM
Only 6-12 months ago there was constant Ripple trolling. 

"only".. and why after 6 months do the Ripple trolls crawl out from under their rocks again?
Why dont ripple have it`s own forum for ripple trolls to spam?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 29, 2014, 01:37:41 AM
Only 6-12 months ago there was constant Ripple trolling. Now you look at all the new crypto 2.0 coins and they are trying to do what Ripple has already accomplished.

Nubits, BitsharesX, Nxt etc are all trying to peg fiat to their own ecosystems. Yet from the beginning, you have been able to trade USD, CNY, JPY, GBP etc interchangeably with XRP or ANYTHING on a decentralized exchange (another thing that the competition is only just achieving). Now Ripple has banking partners and smart contracts in development, further leaving the competition in the dust.

And don't even talk about Ripple being centralized to me. Just look at the BitsharesX PoS system or Darkcoin's 'darksend' feature, morons. 

I don't see e.g. NXT and Ripple competing against each other, they are very different systems for different purposes. NXT is oriented towards creation and exchange of all kinds of assets, Ripple protocol (Hawala) is well suited for exchanges between different block chain ecosystems. The relation is more cooperation and synergy than competition. The only real competition is healthy rivalry of which ecosystems destroy and replace fiats most fast and efficient way.
Activity: 97
Merit: 0
September 28, 2014, 11:04:34 PM
Only 6-12 months ago there was constant Ripple trolling. Now you look at all the new crypto 2.0 coins and they are trying to do what Ripple has already accomplished.

Nubits, BitsharesX, Nxt etc are all trying to peg fiat to their own ecosystems. Yet from the beginning, you have been able to trade USD, CNY, JPY, GBP etc interchangeably with XRP or ANYTHING on a decentralized exchange (another thing that the competition is only just achieving). Now Ripple has banking partners and smart contracts in development, further leaving the competition in the dust.

And don't even talk about Ripple being centralized to me. Just look at the BitsharesX PoS system or Darkcoin's 'darksend' feature, morons. 
Pages:
Jump to: