Pages:
Author

Topic: Watch out for scammers - page 2. (Read 480 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 0
April 07, 2018, 03:21:45 PM
hi folks I want to warn all the participants in the airdrops There are a bunch of scammers They steal the privet key of myetherwallet i dont know how they do that but i think by sending you an email and when you check the email and click on it they can access to all the file in your pc and steal the key i dont know how that works i'm not an expert so don't put any of the private key in the computer or in your phones .
Thanks for the information

Next time I will watch the scams.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
April 07, 2018, 03:13:41 PM
hi folks I want to warn all the participants in the airdrops There are a bunch of scammers They steal the privet key of myetherwallet i dont know how they do that but i think by sending you an email and when you check the email and click on it they can access to all the file in your pc and steal the key i dont know how that works i'm not an expert so don't put any of the private key in the computer or in your phones .
You shouldnt be joing airdrops,or giving your main email addresses because these people will only going to send a lot of phishing emails and will try to steal your private keys that is why we shouldnt be using our email addresses if we are joining these airdrops,use some dummy email accounts so that you will be safe from these spam emails.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
April 07, 2018, 03:09:48 PM
That's very bad, just by sending an email they can steal our Privat key ..Always be vigilant, and thank you for the info you provide.This helps a lot of people
Activity: 196
Merit: 14
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime
April 07, 2018, 03:02:30 PM
Honestly, the scammers are everywhere especially in the field of cryptocurrencies, so everyone should be wary of them, As well, I see that  many have been robbed by those scammers, because simply, they do not have much knowledge in the field that  they use ,  and unfortunately there are many idiots,  and everyone must learn how to protect himself before entering into the area of crypto.

On the other hand, the private key in "Myetherwallet" is a personal protection, and it is certain that  we should not give it to anyone. Otherwise, the airdrop is the easiest way to trick many people,  and the  greed is  prevalent in many of them, because  they want to make money in an easy way.

This is the fact evidence that blockchain technology and Cryptocurrencies are hack proof and the only way they could get something worth out of Crypto is to send malicious stuff to the users and holders that will trigger and giving them green light to penetrate their victim's computer and get private keys and other confidential stuff from your computer.
If they got your private key then  they could get every coin in your wallet and you'll wakeup the next day seeing empty wallet.
so, better stop joining Airdrops and focus on something else, that is joining bounty campaigns will offer you higher chance of getting new altcoins that will soon offer you good fortune.
Merit: 14
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime
April 07, 2018, 02:58:32 PM

that is why don't click any links from them because they are injecting worms and viruses in order they could penetrate your computer and they could get whatever they want.
I never joined even a single airdrops because I knew that they're not worth of my time and efforts because last year I have no good experiences on joining Airdrops because most of them are just plain useless and scams.
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
April 07, 2018, 07:27:21 AM
Honestly, the scammers are everywhere especially in the field of cryptocurrencies, so everyone should be wary of them, As well, I see that  many have been robbed by those scammers, because simply, they do not have much knowledge in the field that  they use ,  and unfortunately there are many idiots,  and everyone must learn how to protect himself before entering into the area of crypto.

On the other hand, the private key in "Myetherwallet" is a personal protection, and it is certain that  we should not give it to anyone. Otherwise, the airdrop is the easiest way to trick many people,  and the  greed is  prevalent in many of them, because  they want to make money in an easy way.

Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
April 07, 2018, 07:20:26 AM

I have no problem with most airdrops, but I won't send payment to cover cost of delivery.

Also, do not open sketchy emails on your PC that has your crypto coins.  Do that on an old phone or something.  Better yet do it on a windows phone.
Activity: 109
Merit: 2
April 07, 2018, 07:08:03 AM
we all know that scamers are everywhere, they have many ways of doing scam. we must always be careful in choosing airdrop to avoid things that are not desirable. so we should always be careful in maintaining the safety of our wallets ..
Activity: 1111
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 07, 2018, 06:44:54 AM
If there are 100 airdrop 60-70 of them try to steal your funds bro. I use my rpi for airdrops mail and I'm relax with that.
Activity: 121
April 07, 2018, 06:43:36 AM
be alert and prepare for many scammers are now spread around us to keep safety our things being careful that items or files to not waste our hard
Activity: 123
March 08, 2018, 08:36:02 AM

Exactly the main problem of Airdrops now
IMO, tons of Airdrops now are actually sketchy and scammy.

They would mostly first ask for Public address
Then tells you to login to claim your tokens and etc.
Then people end up going to the fake site

My suggestion here is to install MetaCert - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cryptonite-by-metacert/keghdcpemohlojlglbiegihkljkgnige?hl=en
If you are not a person that are cautious and protective, this might be a good tool to protect you Smiley

thank you very much sir
Activity: 79
March 08, 2018, 02:20:40 AM
There are fake wallets out there that steal your coins. When a coin forks or a new coin comes out and people are confused, it isn’t uncommon to see fake wallets pop up. Make sure to use wallets officially endorsed by the entity or community behind the coin. If you are unsure, do more research. Following random online instructions can be a really bad move.
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
It's turtles all the way down!
March 08, 2018, 02:04:35 AM
I  always try to be careful when I sign up for airdrops, and usually use those better browsers like Firefox instead of Chrome so that the scammers can't get any of my info from backend autofill forms, which might be what you're talking about. Thanks for the heads up!
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 08, 2018, 02:03:41 AM
this is where anti malware programs should be working for you. I work in the tech industry and yes while it’s easy to make a script to look for a certain file from your hardrive, retrieving it is a bit of a stretch unless you were baited to another form that allowed the program to send the information back. I hope this serve as a lesson for everyone, the development of softwares to protect you from these kinds of attacks are there for a reason.

Nonetheless owning a cold wallet is always a great layer of security. There is no such thing as “Overly secured” especially ehen it’ thousands or millions worth of money is what you are talking about.

Be careful out there folks— 1. Never joins something that guarantees and are always to good to be true and 2. Always be secured.
Very useful advice. I know several people who recommended the same stuff that you advised which helped me out. So many people jump into the crypto world head first without thinking too much and focusing on quick profits who are targeted by hackers and scammers for easy money. Such investors conclude that this is mainly the problem with the crypto market itself and begin spreading FUD like crazy which shows how naive they truly are. For example, some people were spreading FUD recently saying that Binance was hacked while the truth was a trading bot was hacked. Be smart people.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
March 08, 2018, 02:00:46 AM

Exactly the main problem of Airdrops now
IMO, tons of Airdrops now are actually sketchy and scammy.

They would mostly first ask for Public address
Then tells you to login to claim your tokens and etc.
Then people end up going to the fake site

My suggestion here is to install MetaCert - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cryptonite-by-metacert/keghdcpemohlojlglbiegihkljkgnige?hl=en
If you are not a person that are cautious and protective, this might be a good tool to protect you Smiley

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 08, 2018, 01:54:46 AM
I also have the same thinking of many scammers that can inject Malware and spyware to your computer some of the unsafe links by sending you an e-mail. But, can't understand how they do it only by clicking the links. If somebody has the details idea then post here the remedies we should take.
March 08, 2018, 01:50:11 AM
We need to know in every step we will do because scammers are all over the world. They will just hit if their is an opportunity. They can easily gather informations and if we are talking about money they will just come up without hesitation. We need to be careful to trust someone because we might even don't know what are they going to do with us.
Activity: 191
March 08, 2018, 01:49:28 AM
Never used airdrop and never ever gonna use it by means of cryptocurrency because of this, scammers are really anywhere but I will not risk my coins to be scammed by those group of scammers. Thanks for the information.
Activity: 314
Merit: 10
March 08, 2018, 01:45:03 AM
I thank you for the information and let us be aware. This is just means that hackers could be also a campaign manager or even project producer and just fool us. what will happen in our crypto-world if investors will be afraid to invest at crypto. we should increase security in all aspect of crypto community.
Activity: 244
Merit: 13
March 08, 2018, 01:40:55 AM
There's a lot of Airdrop Form i've seen that are asking for private key but it's nothing to me i will continue join their airdrop, instead i put my private key in the form, i just put my ETH address.
And there are also Airdrop that asking for donation. Their rules are (If you will not donate 0.1 ETH you will not received your tokens) be aware from that brother that's obviously a scam.
Pages:
Jump to: