Pages:
Author

Topic: Watch out for this NEW TransferFrom Zero Transfer Scam! - page 2. (Read 348 times)

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Tone down the alarmist BS. No one is initiating a TX from your address...

I see outgoing transactions from my trust wallet, and I haven't sent them, so they are initiating them no BS here!

It is possible to initiate a transfer of 0 from any user’s account to an unauthorized account without failure, as the TransferFrom function of the token contract does not require that the approved transfer amount be greater than 0. This condition is utilized by the malicious attacker to repeatedly launch TransferFrom actions to active users in order to trigger these transfer events. Apart from TRON, we cannot help but worry if the same scenario would occur on the Ethereum network.
https://slowmist.medium.com/slowmist-be-wary-of-the-transferfrom-zero-transfer-scam-c64ba0e3bc4d

"alarmist" tone is on purpose - I hope as many people as possible will read it and not fall for this scam

PS
I thought you already forgot about me @suchmoon, also am happy to see you around  Wink
copper member
Merit: 1250
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
What's important to see in this situation is that you don't need to panic if you have correctly made sure that your private keys are safe and you know that you haven't installed anything malicious on your device etc., you should be safe. Something that could go wrong here is that you need to check the transferring address thoroughly.

The part where the user "thinks" that their wallet is compromised is when the attacker grabs the opportunity to steal/rob the user from redownloading.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Tone down the alarmist BS. No one is initiating a TX from your address. Poorly-implemented explorers/wallets incorrectly show interactions with poorly-implemented token contracts. These 0s should never been visible in the transaction history of the address that didn't sign the token transfer.

Reason #145905 to stop shitcoining.
legendary
This is new and we have to get it out to the whole community although I have seen this warning in many articles we have to keep pushing this...

fully agree with you I see that member that was scammed 100K asked to share this on Reddit because he can't so would be great if somebody can do it to spread the word further

doesn't matter if that was his mistake that he used this address, this is scam and he was scammed, not important that in the end if you fell for this you are responsible because you haven't be careful enough, this is still scam

and despite everything not so stupid one as we see people lost already a lot of money
Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
READ IT! and be aware when you copy paste any address to check it fully, not only few first and last numbers because this is not enough, as you see above scammers try to take advantage of that!

Yeah, the scam now looks to be the common one now after the infamous multisignature scam. I am yet to see such an exploit on POW networks (I stand to be corrected) all i see are POS networks

People also ought to copy addresses from the exchange or wallet they are sending funds not and no necessarily block explorers. Copying from a block explorer exposes on to a higher risk of getting scammed.

This is new and we have to get it out to the whole community although I have seen this warning in many articles we have to keep pushing this, these scammers have found a way for a new scheme, they just find out that many are copying from explorers so they device or create a plan to target this, honestly I also used to copy from explorer and bookmark these explorers because there is a copy option there, but after the clip malware I make sure to only copy from my wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
READ IT! and be aware when you copy paste any address to check it fully, not only few first and last numbers because this is not enough, as you see above scammers try to take advantage of that!

Yeah, the scam now looks to be the common one now after the infamous multisignature scam. I am yet to see such an exploit on POW networks (I stand to be corrected) all i see are POS networks

People also ought to copy addresses from the exchange or wallet they are sending funds not and no necessarily block explorers. Copying from a block explorer exposes on to a higher risk of getting scammed.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
Some days ago, someone reported the same thing on binance smart chain. So, it seems that this type of scam isn't limited to Tron blockchain.
Visit the following topic for more information.
I got scammed out of 100000 dollars by fake 0 dollars withdrawal on BSC
legendary
Watch out recently there is new scam developed TransferFrom Zero Transfer Scam!

From some time i was getting very strange incoming transactions just after I sent anything on TRON network in which usually 4 first and 4 last numbers matched perfectly with the address of my last transaction.

https://tronscan.org/#/transaction/71f021d17154a7a476597854d1bcf0af192da2b040cdf56bcbffa1ae38b66bd6

I assume they count on copy paste mistake, many times I use addresses from wallets to send transactions back and forth and usually when I check then always 4 first and last numbers, I think majority of us do and this is big mistake!

So REMEMBER to check addresses very carefully always confirm with the source!

Lately scam changed, I think it was too costly to send so many transactions, and from few days I see OUTGOING (NO VALUE 0$) transactions from my wallet that I haven't initiated!

https://tronscan.org/#/transaction/c9362f62af918f6197d15301de5277ff733d7b9a3f06dfa0919271bd15bea1d8

yes, scammers initiate OUTGOING transaction (0$ value) from our wallets!

Luckily explorers already are aware of this and I see today big warning message when I check some of these suspicious transactions.

There is link in warning message that sent me to this article "SlowMist: Be Wary of the TransferFrom Zero Transfer Scam"

https://slowmist.medium.com/slowmist-be-wary-of-the-transferfrom-zero-transfer-scam-c64ba0e3bc4d

REMEMBER: "it's not acceptable to copy from past transactions and/or users should go to the actual destination to get the address"
Pages:
Jump to: