Pages:
Author

Topic: way off topic...just need others point of view - page 2. (Read 1269 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
So im in a situation. My friend needed a place to stay for about a week, until he moves to Long Beach. Me and him have been friends for 12 years. I grew up with my mom and my sister and my dad lived in a different country until 2 years ago. They never had any problem with my friend, even considered him part of the family. But when i insisted that my friend stay until he moves, my dad started acting so distant. My mom didnt have a problem, especially in the situation my friend was in. My dad started acting real immature, giving me the cold shoulder when all i wanted was for my friend to not be homeless before he was ble to move. So today my dad texted me that i chose my friend over him and that he's going to leave. Not just me but my mom because of what i did. I was always taught, growing up, to help others if i could. I always gave without expecting anything in return. Now i feel like i have done something terrible, when all i wanted is for my friend to be alright until his move. Should i have done something different?  Any input?

I'm afraid your father is using you to hide something else.

It makes no sense he leaves your mother because of what you do.

It does sound like his father is trying to use him as scape goat to leave the family.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
667 one more than the devil
So im in a situation. My friend needed a place to stay for about a week, until he moves to Long Beach. Me and him have been friends for 12 years. I grew up with my mom and my sister and my dad lived in a different country until 2 years ago. They never had any problem with my friend, even considered him part of the family. But when i insisted that my friend stay until he moves, my dad started acting so distant. My mom didnt have a problem, especially in the situation my friend was in. My dad started acting real immature, giving me the cold shoulder when all i wanted was for my friend to not be homeless before he was ble to move. So today my dad texted me that i chose my friend over him and that he's going to leave. Not just me but my mom because of what i did. I was always taught, growing up, to help others if i could. I always gave without expecting anything in return. Now i feel like i have done something terrible, when all i wanted is for my friend to be alright until his move. Should i have done something different?  Any input?

I'm afraid your father is using you to hide something else.

It makes no sense he leaves your mother because of what you do.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Perhaps your friend should talk directly to your Dad, without you being stuck in the middle.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
...  I don't know how to say this with out seriously cutting up your father but... he is acting like he is 6.. maybe 5..  Why the hell did he agree to it then do this..

He never had a problem before either. My friend was here everyday before that.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
...  I don't know how to say this with out seriously cutting up your father but... he is acting like he is 6.. maybe 5..  Why the hell did he agree to it then do this..
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: