Pages:
Author

Topic: Way to increase the value of bitcoin and earn more bitcoins at the same time - page 2. (Read 1438 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I think a 10% will be just as effective...reward the 20% discount after so many purchases...Customer loyalty type deal.
Great idea though! I believe you will very successful

Just a suggestion
Activity: 8
certainly if you can afford the 20% margin hit. Your regular customers could certainly get offended and go elsewhere though.
Activity: 15
I run a business that accepts payment in bitcoins. And I've been trying to figure out a way to get more customers to pay me in bitcoins rather than cash. The kind of business I run, my customers are "the general public" not really that technologically literate. I have had a few who have paid with BTC but they are few and far between. What I want is for more of the "general public" types to start paying in BTC.

I'm going to start offering a 20% discount to people paying in bitcoins. So for instance you pay with pounds you pay £100 if you pay with bitcoins you pay £80 converted into bitcoins which is currently 0.205 btc.

I think if this option was offered to my customers it would encourage them to consider buying some bitcoin just to get the discount therefore increasing the number of new bitcoin users.

If a few more retailers started to do this it would help to increase the value of bitcoin as people realise bitcoin is perpetually worth 20% more than cash when you spend it.

Also if more people payed me in bitcoins it would mean more bitcoins for me!

Flawless plan?
Pages:
Jump to: