Pages:
Author

Topic: Ways to make card last longer - page 2. (Read 365 times)

Activity: 438
Merit: 27
March 03, 2021, 05:40:51 PM
Sooner or later the fans will start to fail.
I have cards that run for years and some not.
Zotac 1070 Minis were a nightmare.
Go for cards with a big heatsink and 3 Fans.
Temperature is a really big point.
Old founder editions with 1 fan never failed but have got the highest temperature.
My 1080 rigs run now for....mmmmh when did they come out? 2016 ? Still running, watercooled since 1. day.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1071
March 03, 2021, 02:36:16 PM
I can't see the uptime of your video card.
If the core temperature of the video card is 45-50C and the fan operating mode is 50-60%, then you have nothing to worry about for 1-2 years.
If the video card has a manufacturing defect, then you will find out about it in the first months of mining.
Dust off every 3-6 months.
Activity: 375
Merit: 15
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
March 03, 2021, 02:32:07 PM
Don't overclock the memory clock too much, running at a high memory clock can bring memory errors in future, meaning memory loose due to high memory temp, the lower the temp the better, the highest I've seen my graphic cards go is 60°C and I tend to keep it this way
Activity: 1421
Merit: 225
March 03, 2021, 02:07:22 PM
Start with high quality equipment, you'll need to pay a little more.
Don't push the PSU, leave lots of headroom.
Control the environment as much as possible, good airflow, low humidity, low dust.
Keep everything clean and free of any dirt buildup.
And what Phil said.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
March 03, 2021, 01:56:09 PM
U mean fan speed? min 35% and max 90%?

yeah
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
March 03, 2021, 12:48:17 PM
U mean fan speed? min 35% and max 90%?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
March 03, 2021, 12:37:29 PM
Hi, I'm new to mining and I started mining just yesterday with my single 3070 founders edition in HiveOS. I wanted to know a few things but before that have a look at my settings:

Now what I want is to my card last me forever (long enough for it to lose its value and become obsolete) and for it to last that long I heard keeping it cool and making fan not running at 100% is the key because I don't want to lose my fan either. I don't really mind if its not running the maximum hashrate it can get. I'm not a professional miner, I'm just doing this as a hobby and that's the reason I want my card to be safe. Could you guys please look at the charts and tell me what needs to be changed? What is the best core temperature and best memory temperature for the card for keeping it safe? what's the best autofan settings to keep my fan safe?. Any additional tips and tricks are always welcome. Sorry if some of the question seems stupid, this is my first time mining and I learned what I could from youtube but it doesn't explain everything. Thank you very much.

Do 35 to 90 %

See if the miner has a 85C shutdown just in case of a fail of some kind.

and set card to run at 70c
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
March 03, 2021, 11:05:16 AM
Hi, I'm new to mining and I started mining just yesterday with my single 3070 founders edition in HiveOS. I wanted to know a few things but before that have a look at my settings:

https://i.imgur.com/pu83Vnd.png

https://i.imgur.com/UiYZVcM.png

Now what I want is to my card last me forever (long enough for it to lose its value and become obsolete) and for it to last that long I heard keeping it cool and making fan not running at 100% is the key because I don't want to lose my fan either. I don't really mind if its not running the maximum hashrate it can get. I'm not a professional miner, I'm just doing this as a hobby and that's the reason I want my card to be safe. Could you guys please look at the charts and tell me what needs to be changed? What is the best core temperature and best memory temperature for the card for keeping it safe? what's the best autofan settings to keep my fan safe?. Any additional tips and tricks are always welcome. Sorry if some of the question seems stupid, this is my first time mining and I learned what I could from youtube but it doesn't explain everything. Thank you very much.
Pages:
Jump to: