Pages:
Author

Topic: We must fight back SEC, from Ripple to Coinbase - page 2. (Read 179 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 168
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
The SEC seems to be more worried about crypto platforms operating in its jurisdiction since the FTX case which was quite shocking some time ago. That's not surprising given that the SEC is responsible for Americans investing in crypto and there's nothing wrong with that. But it's getting ridiculous, they seem to be trying to disrupt the adoption of cryptocurrency and try to regulate it. They think that they are a superior institution that can regulate the circulation of cryptocurrencies and that is very sickening. They call themselves a democracy, but they restrict their citizens from adopting the payment system that is best for them, even manipulating that crypto is not good for them. Very annoying
Activity: 487
Merit: 10
I Know About Ripple Issue From Long Time Ago Because Ripple Is Not New Topic In Case And Ripple Problems Is Very Old One Problems I Hope Ripple Issue Now Not Solving Possible At The Moments.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
Like or hate (sometimes deservedly so) Coinbase or centralized exchanges in general, but this is one of those instances where I'll root for them. Not necessarily because I like Coinbase, but mostly because fuck the SEC.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
I believe that the USA. won't let cryptocurrency companies to move out of their country easily and because of SEC.

I don't have any information about Coinbase wanting to leave the USA. Can you elaborate more on those rumors?
The Security and Exchange Commission must fight all the centralized crypto scams and punish any shady and sketchy practices that are being conducted by some of the big crypto companies. While doing this, the SEC must not destroy the entire cryptocurrency industry in the USA.
Coinbase can sue the SEC if they want. I guess that they can hire a good team of lawyers and they have gathered enough evidence to prove their claims in court. Otherwise deciding to sue the SEC would be a massive mistake.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
It doesn't seem to me that in the US and EU regulations are going to favor the cryptocurrency space very much. Surely this is influenced by the recent fiasco of FTX and others, which have prompted the authorities to regulations that are more focused on control than on favoring a favorable environment for business to flourish.

Regarding the specific case, although I like Coinbase, I do like the counterattack against the SEC, although I don't know to what extent it could be counterproductive. This business of ending up in court, one suing the other does not seem to me that it will result in much productivity, which could be achieved if they would devote their efforts to collaborate.
Activity: 658
Merit: 354
I stand with Ukraine!
From this U.S. SEC threatens to sue Coinbase over some crypto products in late of March 2023, to Coinbase sues SEC after months of silence from federal regulator just about one month later.

I don't know what you thought one month ago and what you are thinking right now. I believe that the USA. won't let cryptocurrency companies to move out of their country easily and because of SEC. The latest hearing in the USA. Congress is a signal that they don't want it to happen and want to force SEC to do the right things for the nation, their citizens and to control SEC power (less than overwhelming usage of SEC chair Gensler).

SEC can not arbitrarily calls any altcoin as a security and sues them. If they don't apply Howey test, they can not sue any altcoin project arbitrarily and unreasonably. South Korea disagree with this style too, but of course according to South Korea laws and regulations.

South Korean Court Says Terra Classic (LUNC) Not a Security

Please share your opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: