Pages:
Author

Topic: We need more decentralized stablecoins - page 7. (Read 1264 times)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
November 10, 2020, 12:49:28 AM
Thank you for the questions Abiky.
Do you think we need more decentralized stablecoins?
Yes.
What will happen if centralized stablecoin issuers continue to freeze addresses at will?
It's fucked up. More users/buyers of that cex stablecoin will switch to dex.
Will people lose confidence on centralized stablecoins?
Yes.
Or will this attract institutional investors and serious traders?
If I am the serious (exaggerated) trader then I  would prefer the decentralized way.
Obviously, for the reasons you said. I want authority with every move that I will make and not accounts being frozen just because someone on the other end doesn't like how I manage my own money.
Let's just go back to the banking system and do all the KYC if that is the case.
Activity: 966
Merit: 306
November 09, 2020, 11:45:26 PM
Have you ever wondered why there are so many centralized stablecoins on the market? It's no secret that decentralized stablecoins like DAI and USDJ are the minority in the crypto/Blockchain space. This is bad for the industry, as it makes it no different than the traditional banking system of today. The risk of a single point of failure exists with centralized stablecoins, greatly defeating the purpose of crypto/Blockchain technology. Consider how both USDT and USDC issuers have been freezing (blacklisting) user addresses on the blockchain. While DAI is a better alternative, it lacks the level of adoption of its centralized counterparts.

Do you think we need more decentralized stablecoins? What will happen if centralized stablecoin issuers continue to freeze addresses at will? Will people lose confidence on centralized stablecoins? Or will this attract institutional investors and serious traders? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smiley
Cryptocurrencies need to have decentralization to be aligned with origins of why they are born to change the traditional finance.

USDT brings fast, and convenience transactions than paper USD but they can be frozen by governement or by Tether company. I don't think I can control flow of USDT from the trade partner that I trade with is legal. I am not sure about their capital flow, its origin, its legality.

Please create and bring more decentralized stable coins.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
November 09, 2020, 11:35:55 PM
Stablecoins should all be decentralized. If they are not decentralized, they better not exist at all. They are just posing unnecessary risks to their users who are mostly clueless of how they work.

If possible, these stablecoins should not even exist at all. They're fiat after all. They do not belong to the world of cryptocurrencies.

The only thing I know about stable coins is we can use them very well if Bullrun comes will happen and we can quickly convert our BTC or other cryptocurrencies to it without worrying about getting stuck in a congested network when most of the people converting their crypto assets to fiat. However, I don't really know if stable coins are risky but all I know they help a lot regarding how useful they are.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
November 09, 2020, 10:46:26 PM
Stablecoins should all be decentralized. If they are not decentralized, they better not exist at all. They are just posing unnecessary risks to their users who are mostly clueless of how they work.

If possible, these stablecoins should not even exist at all. They're fiat after all. They do not belong to the world of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
HELENA
November 09, 2020, 10:33:44 PM
stablecoins freezing addresses at will is a crime. so why should we believe in a coin like this. we should believe in decentralized stablecoins. security of funds is a top priority, as long as the system is centrally controlled funds will never be safe. the problem now is the lack of adoption of decentralized stablecoins in today's society. for that we must encourage adoption so that it can be realized more quickly.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 09, 2020, 09:39:31 PM
Have you ever wondered why there are so many centralized stablecoins on the market? It's no secret that decentralized stablecoins like DAI and USDJ are the minority in the crypto/Blockchain space. This is bad for the industry, as it makes it no different than the traditional banking system of today. The risk of a single point of failure exists with centralized stablecoins, greatly defeating the purpose of crypto/Blockchain technology. Consider how both USDT and USDC issuers have been freezing (blacklisting) user addresses on the blockchain. While DAI is a better alternative, it lacks the level of adoption of its centralized counterparts.

Do you think we need more decentralized stablecoins? What will happen if centralized stablecoin issuers continue to freeze addresses at will? Will people lose confidence on centralized stablecoins? Or will this attract institutional investors and serious traders? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: