Pages:
Author

Topic: We should have known about Ralph Northam's yearbooks long ago - page 2. (Read 227 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
I feel like the democrats buried this in the past to protect his career.

Theres a near 100% chance that photo was seen by everyone in that yearbook.  Who is the other person in the racist photo? Who was the editor? Who was the faculty member who oversaw the publishing of that book?  Who else was in the yearbook, knew about the photo and never exposed it?  

We need to find all of these people and out them on the internet.  It is very important that POC know if their healthcare providers are 35 year KKK sympathizers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/us/politics/ralph-northam-yearbook-blackface.html

Same thoughts here. This is a medical school yearbook, possessed by what I would assume was every member of that graduating class. There is no way in God's green Earth that this wasn't an open secret among the alumni; and given the nature of opposition research, beyond the shadow of a doubt someone had this. Dems gambled and lost with this one; Ralph is burnt in the public and needs to gtfo LOL. There are too many other people qualified for the job, both Republican and Democrat (although I'm rooting for the Dems short term).

Now, as a black person, I'm not offended by this one bit; honestly I think the shit is a bit funny. To be clear, its racist as fuck and he isn't deserving of the office, but in my eyes It is perfectly fine to wear whatever the fuck you want to a private event.

You also have to look at this in context. I'm more concerned at the fact a school would publish some shit like this in a publically accessible yearbook that was duplicated, and then distributed. Ralph is like, fucking Sambo black in a top hat standing next to a fully costumed White Knight. It's like a bad joke setup ( a minstrel and a Klansman walk into a bar 😂) Clearly this was ok among the people that he associated with; this is a pretty good example of institutional racism in that this wasnt a deal when it happened. It was funny enough to put in a yearbook. Guess it's not so hilarious any more 😉

I defend the right of white people to put on shoe polish and look like a damned fool because at the end of the day, if I want to powder up like a ghost and wear overalls and fake rotten teeth. I will. I reserve that right, if you will. No intention to use it, but damned if it will be taken away from me. But I do understand the repercussions of doing something like this in the public eye. You reap what you sow; this is why I have no problem with freedom of speech. Society has mechanisms in place to self regulate shit like this already (shaming, loss of livelihood, shunning). This is a perfect example of that.

Bye Ralph! Soft shoe right on out the fucking door and dont let it hit you in the ass on the way out 😂🤣

Activity: 952
Merit: 175
@cryptocommies
1 day after apologizing, he is now saying its not him and he has no idea how the photo got there.  Wow.
Is this where you damage control and limp wristedly condemn these people because you were forced to by being exposed so you don't look hypocritical?

I have no idea what this means or who it is directed towards. 
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
Is this where you damage control and limp wristedly condemn these people because you were forced to by being exposed so you don't look hypocritical?
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
Some of his political opponents knew about the photo for several months but were unable to publish it because they were unable to verify the photo.

It appears that someone decided to roll the dice with the photo after his comments defending the killing of babies.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Same line of thinking I had though, I don't understand why this sort of thing had to come up now. It was without a doubt a horrible thing to have in a yearbook then, imagine all the times' someone was going through their yearbooks in the past years (I know some people do it every so often) and thought, 'oh, this isn't alright'

People that knew him knew about it. He knew he did it, and he knew that it would probably haunt him at some point. I just don't know why it took this long to come out, or what triggered it to come out. As he has been in politics for some time now, it could've been used to hurt him before.
Activity: 325
Merit: 26
Of course. Just like that ANTIFA guy who brought a gun to school and drew it on the police who shot and killed him.

He didn't go to the school to shoot people up. He was carrying. It was a custody dispute over his kid. He was asked to leave. He didn't. He got into a scuffle, drew a gun on the police and was killed.

I bet you if he was an NRA member wearing a MAGA hat this would have been front page news.

https://youtu.be/z3HkIyekLpM
Activity: 952
Merit: 175
@cryptocommies
I feel like the democrats buried this in the past to protect his career.

Theres a near 100% chance that photo was seen by everyone in that yearbook.  Who is the other person in the racist photo? Who was the editor? Who was the faculty member who oversaw the publishing of that book?  Who else was in the yearbook, knew about the photo and never exposed it?  

We need to find all of these people and out them on the internet.  It is very important that POC know if their healthcare providers are 35 year KKK sympathizers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/us/politics/ralph-northam-yearbook-blackface.html
Pages:
Jump to: