Pages:
Author

Topic: We should stop promoting ICOs who ask huge money for their soft/hardcap! - page 5. (Read 15834 times)

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
My experience has shown me that the more a project has a request for funds raised, the lower the chance that they will collect something at all. You can also add that if the project says that it has collected more than 30 million dollars and at the same time he holds a bounty company, most often this project is a scam.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
the softcap or minimum funding goal will depend on their business model and requirements on building the platform though i agree that a new project should not ask too much funds since they are not well-known on this space.
Activity: 383
Merit: 10
For projects like them, it is indeed very unfortunate because it cannot bring changes with large funds, but it is not guaranteed that projects with small funds will succeed because some projects from the bounty campaign that I saw they did a lot of strange things, for example, going through listing in exchange if the bearmarket has been lost or is waiting for the regulation from sec which turns out they are not correct "registering and the worse is changing the reward bounty as they wish but does not guarantee the price of the token is not affected by dump, in my opinion if I follow a project ico is basically just fortune
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
I totally agree with you on this one. Funding should be based on merit. There should be a way to determine if they deserve the huge amount they ask for. A group made of developers should be doing the investigating and getting rewarded. But we currently have no such group unfortunately.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
You could be right about this, but it also depends on the kind of product the project is presenting to the public, we have some products that really require huge capital for it to succeed because they might end up getting stock along the way if the capital is not enough to complete it.

Let’s take a look at power project or real estate project, such amount of money is even very small compared to what it takes to bring these project samples to completion but my question is, when such project comes out with such cap, do we really study the product they are bringing out to see if it will really be in demand in the long run ? Many projects have the chances of failing completely if they don’t do their feasibility studies very well to be sure that such product will be of high demands.
Activity: 458
Merit: 10
Hello Everyone,
Recently I have analyzed that most of the big raised ICOs are valueless or nothing but a pump dump token! No Major updates but they asked huge money to run their technology/project smoothly! Look at the HDAC, Bankex, Pumapay, Online, Cryptosolartech and so on ICOs! They gathered huge money from the sale but then what happened? Their developments mean just listing on some exchanges that's it! Many low cap ICO projects are doing far better than those highly earned ICO projects. Look at the countinghouse ICO, how happy their investors are!

So, My Opinion is, we should stop promoting those ICOs who asked more than 10-20 Million USD as a soft cap goal! what do you think?

The simple truth is that capitalization of any ICO does not have anything to do with the success or failure of an ICO. The success of a project depend largely on the idea and the team behind such idea. Therefore any project be it low or high cap can succeed or fail.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
Hello Everyone,
Recently I have analyzed that most of the big raised ICOs are valueless or nothing but a pump dump token! No Major updates but they asked huge money to run their technology/project smoothly! Look at the HDAC, Bankex, Pumapay, Online, Cryptosolartech and so on ICOs! They gathered huge money from the sale but then what happened? Their developments mean just listing on some exchanges that's it! Many low cap ICO projects are doing far better than those highly earned ICO projects. Look at the countinghouse ICO, how happy their investors are!

So, My Opinion is, we should stop promoting those ICOs who asked more than 10-20 Million USD as a soft cap goal! what do you think?
Just stop promoting the ICOs which are the great risk for crypto currency investors right now since people lost millions of dollars by investing on those projects so better avoid all the projects and only support the current developing projects to make cryptos as better.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
A project needs a lot of money to be established and survive. From that circumstance, I wouldn't consider soft/hard cap is a reason to stop promoting. I think we should consider the project idea and team before thinking of promoting a project.

Even if you start a non-crypto business you do not need to have millions of dollars to make it a success. If anyone watches 'dragons den' about people asking investors for money, few will request anything over a 100,000k. Softcaps in ICOs are too high and should be lowered
No, there is another problem other than I mentioned. Back in the days, ICO were mostly done by ETH. Imagine how much value they have lost at the end. Now, how will they back up it? Is there a way?
Activity: 728
Merit: 103
Even if you start a non-crypto business you do not need to have millions of dollars to make it a success. If anyone watches 'dragons den' about people asking investors for money, few will request anything over a 100,000k. Softcaps in ICOs are too high and should be lowered
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 2
In my opinion, most of the projects that have inflated softcap which are not achieved are scam projects. They are only giving themselves out, because the investors are aware of the market and know that some amounts are barely achieved.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
ICO is the main way of the developers and to advertise their project but there are some who are scamming the investors that is why most of the investors right now are afraid to invest in an ICO.

I think I will agree with what you have said but not for that thing only but to totally stop promoting ICO's. These people have scammed millions and millions already to those investors who want to make money.
Its hard to stop greedy people from promoting any suspicious project, they don’t study the project at all and i think it must be start from the manager of that campaign so there will be no investors to be scammed ay all. But honestly its hard to tell if its worth to advertise new projects, even if they have low soft cap there still no guaranteed its legit, there must be a way to regulate the ICO’s.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
its not about the hardcap. if the softcap reachead, the project will continue if not then no.
its still on the dev of the project if they decided to turn into a scam token.
This softcap issue should be the reason why many deveopers that are genuine really need to push hard for the hardcap, I understand they can start the project with softcap but I don’t see it succeeding without hardcap

Any project that does not at least meet 70% hardcap should not even continue because the hardcapis really the quoted amount that will be enough to bring the project to success, they will only try to start the project with softcap, this is why some of the projects end up failing along the line and turn to shitcoins because they later get stranded and will have no choice than to abandon the project since it will be impossible to come back and ask for more investment.
Activity: 287
Merit: 6
Yes, I think at the moment many projects are really quality but they only call about 4 ~ 5 million USD. I think it's a fair amount with a blockchain start up, especially in the current market time.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1043
Need A Campaign Manager? | Contact Little_Mouse
ICO is the main way of the developers and to advertise their project but there are some who are scamming the investors that is why most of the investors right now are afraid to invest in an ICO.

I think I will agree with what you have said but not for that thing only but to totally stop promoting ICO's. These people have scammed millions and millions already to those investors who want to make money.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
Hello Everyone,

Yes you are right in some points
But it’s not the project fault I would say because I can assume you fell in love with the tokens and did not cash out your profits

So basically, it’s up to us to have a good information before joining any bounty

I am not talking about the only bounty, mate. What about the investors? You promoted the project by doing bounty, investors got attention because of huge promotion and invested big money but after that their 70% money gone because the team is not working well to develop the product or projects, but they earned 100- 200 Million dollars! Then why you asked 100-200 Million dollars as a hardcap? what are you ding by those people's money? My question is there
Bounty hunters promote any promising development and growth projects in ICO projects that will ultimately be useful and in demand. Investors themselves should pay attention to the upper limit of the team’s fundraising, conduct their research and draw the appropriate conclusions. I do not see a big problem only in that the ICO team wants to raise more funds for its ICO project.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
Don't judge an ICO based on its softcap. It depends on what the project is trying to build. You can't compare an ICO with a softcap of say $500K that's buiding a cryptocurrency exchange to an ICO with a softcap of say $20 million that's building a platform for renewable energy.
Activity: 616
Merit: 2
You might be right but some of these projects have long term plan so in a short run you might not see the beauty of the project. On the other hand some of them are there to undue investors. No good plan, all they are after is the money. After ICO they will list it and leave the project in the hand of the investors.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 116
Good point but actually I think its not all of those big ICOs that goes on the same path as the rest,I'm not a fan of huge ICO projects because I've never really invested in any one ,my favourite ICOs are not so popular and I'm sure if I start mentioning names many won't know of them e.g sparkpoints
Activity: 1512
Merit: 115
Isn't softcap the initial funding to develop the project if indeed the project requires a minimum of 10 million USD (softcap), of course it must be achieved and to support projects that have a softcap large enough we must know the concepts offered by project
Activity: 448
Merit: 21
Hello Everyone,

I also noticed that during the bear market projects with small targets deal with situation much better then big ICOs. However, we can not forget about such projects as Golem or EOS. A lot depends on the moment they enter on the market. However, I think that large projects will be able to show that ICO or STO are really good instruments for building very profitable investments. The all what they need is just better market situation.

Do you think people stopped investing in ICOs because of the bear market? Though this is one of the reasons, but the main reason is People understood that ICO projects are betraying with them! Most of the ICO project's team is not following their roadmap after the sale, 98% of their words are fake and lie, they stop replying people after the sale! They always say to see the pinned message but in the pinned message, no new information at all! By seeing this type of behavior with many scam ICOs and of course bear market, people stop investing in ICOs! So, it is not the market's fault, it is the ICO project team's fault!

And I did not forget EOS, Golem's name, but they appeared not in near past, I think  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: