Pages:
Author

Topic: We should stop recommending Multibit on bitcoin.org, NOW - page 2. (Read 3250 times)

Activity: 270
Merit: 250
WOW! This is real old stuff! Old stories. Old complaints. Aired here and on reddit time and time again. And all resolved by the Multibit team to the satisfaction of thousands and thousands of users. It's unfortunate stuff like this happens. But it happens with Multibit, happens with Coinbase, happens with Electrum, happens with Blockchain, happens with every wallet service. It's unfortunate; but FUD really doesn't help, folks. The venting is often misguided and always toxic. If you have problems, just state them fully and carefully here, and you'll find plenty of voices willing to walk you through them, if possible.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Had 2 wallets in Multibit, sent coins from the 1st to the 2nd.

Now half of the coins have disappeared.

And I can tell its gonna be a nightmare to get help from the dev.

Back to Electrum, after a 7k loss Sad
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
I agree Jim should have been more helpful. I am pretty sure as the move to MultibitHD they said they would support some major bug fixes to the classic version, this sounds like a rare but major bug. I think jim should be more hopefully and honestly if you need to do something, you can put the code down for three days and get some lights for your house come on we aren't north korea.

I would have multi-bit removed from the bitcoin.org page. Also as Java developer I didn't see any code for multi-bit HD I would gladly help them if they are that stressed out. I don't have much free time but I know bitcoinj very well.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I just read the thread on reddit. i had no idea Multibit had such a bug  Shocked

i tried Multibit at one time and didn't like the layout, so went with Electrum. Is the bug fixed in the latest release or is the dev still working on it?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
I support op's motion as I had trouble with MB that no noob should go through, too.
legendary
Activity: 981
Merit: 1005
No maps for these territories
Thank you for posting this, I'm moving to Electrum.

Maybe ypu can briefly explain what NOT TO DO if you are using Multibit to prevent other users losses.
Activity: 208
Merit: 148
The coin-eating bug discussed on reddit today, and perhaps even more so, the dev's negligent and downright silly response towards it has been appalling.  IMHO security of funds and private keys should be the top priority of any wallet software.  The prominent link to multibit from bitcoin.org puts users at risk and should be discontinued immediately, at least until this is resolved.  

Discussion of the infamous bug:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22gt4r/major_mulitibit_bug_btc_gone_it_cost_me_all_of_my/
Pages:
Jump to: