Pages:
Author

Topic: We should use "Report to moderator" more often - page 2. (Read 599 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 11
They should maybe reward reports in some kind of form which would put some weight off the mods. They can easily moderate recent posts with the most reports. That way they don't even have to look every single report indivudually and just by action all reporters would get either positive or negative reward points.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
I actually went on a reporting spree a few weeks back.  In a few days I got up to 900 posts reported with a 98% accuracy!  Reporting one liner shit posts in Off Topic and Politics & Society, it was literally like shooting fish in a barrel.  Then the next time I logged in and reported posts I made it to over 1k reported and my accuracy % dropped to 88%.

It seems like the last 100ish I reported nothing happened.  I've since basically stopped reporting posts in the OT and P&S subs because if the posts are not going to be removed then I am wasting my time and the mods time by reporting it.  Perhaps it just isn't time efficient for the mods to trash posts in those subs?

When I see people say "report to mods more" I chuckle a little and think, ya I tried it, not too effective so meh, only in rare cases do I use it now.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
I just wondered how often do you guys report a post or new thread to moderator. I am talking about the button "Report to moderator" which is at the bottom right corner of every post.
When account farmers would see that their one-liner posts are getting deleted, this would also discourage them from spamming and burst posting.
For every post you report, 5 more appear. If every user reported posts as much as they posted, then we might be able to see a decline in spam. However, the problem is that dealing with the reports takes time. And the fact of the matter is that sometimes, users will stick around despite having their posts reported & deleted multiple times. (Some examples are out there, I don't have them on hand right now)

Spammers have gotten a lot more annoying now. Rather than the grand majority posting one-liners, you have a divide of users that create padded and recycled posts and others that will separate their one-liner across multiple lines. This only makes the reports take longer to handle.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
I normally report threads which are created to sell illegal stuff.
I had an accuracy of 95% until earlier today, but I think one post which I reported has not been taken into consideration. That's why my accuracy has fallen to 91%.
The post which I reported was pure spam, someone created a brand new account to post his facebook campaign report? why? The report should be into the bounty thread which he is participating, right?
Activity: 1302
Merit: 129
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.
I just wondered how often do you guys report a post or new thread to moderator. I am talking about the button "Report to moderator" which is at the bottom right corner of every post.

I reported 18 posts, mostly spam, with 100% accuracy. I think we should use this more often (I don't know the statistics, but considering how many useless off-topic three-word-posts I run across, people don't report enough) to make forum cleaner and easier to find useful information and useful questions and answers. When account farmers would see that their one-liner posts are getting deleted, this would also discourage them from spamming and burst posting.
Pages:
Jump to: