Pages:
Author

Topic: We should work on UX! - page 2. (Read 546 times)

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
October 07, 2017, 02:50:59 AM
As much as I agree that user experience should be improved, what exactly do you think we could do?

There are tons of scammers everywhere

Can this even be classified under UX? I don't see ways to revolutionize the business process that could stop users from scamming other users. Most scams fall under social engineering after all.

one can mistype an address and lose money

This can be frustrating when it happens to you, but I don't see any way to bypass it. We have QR codes for this purpose, but they're not always applicable. There's also no way to verify if the user is sending coins to the address he means to.

forget private key and lose all money

This one is especially challenging: How do you make the private key more accessible without compromising security?

I'm not writing this to slight you, it's just that as things stand, I don't see a way to improve anything as far as your points go. As for the complexity of the UX, it just seems complex because of the number of steps you have to take. Individually, the steps are rather trivial in nature. I see how it can appear daunting to some people though, since we live in times where everything is just a click away.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
October 07, 2017, 02:12:00 AM
Bitcoin ecosystem today is far from friendly. There are tons of scammers everywhere, one can mistype an address and lose money, put a wrong GAS amount and lose money, forget private key and lose all money.
What we as pioneers should focus on is user experience: new people should feel more friendly when start using Bitcoin. The interface of the apps should be more intuitive and less scary. We should create an ecosystem with a strong scam defense.

Newcomers got used to smooth experience working with bank apps, they feel secure talking to their accountants and support managers. What my non-tech-savvy relatives feel when they start working with Bitcoins is "WTF?".

Without a UX breakthrough, Bitcoin will remain a toy for geeks, not a product for masses.

Mistype an address?There is a copy-paste function in every computer.Do you write your bitcoin addresses character by character?If yes,i`m pretty sure that you will type the wrong address.People just copy paste the bitcoin addresses.
Forget private key?You should have to write down your private key and keep it somewhere safe.Is this so difficult?
"Scammers are everywhere".That`s why i don`t trade with people without any big positive feedback from other traders.
I don`t have any problems with  the bitcoin user experience.All the newbies whould learn.
Activity: 289
Merit: 100
October 07, 2017, 02:04:33 AM
I can definitely see your point here, and I definitely agree. The thing is not a lot of developers know design principles such as UX. Besides that , there isn't a central authority telling us how we should create better UX. (Think Google for the Play Store) I think with time and more people educating others on the topic we will start to see apps with better UX and people more inclined to use apps from the crypto space.
Activity: 85
Merit: 11
October 07, 2017, 01:57:03 AM
Bitcoin ecosystem today is far from friendly. There are tons of scammers everywhere, one can mistype an address and lose money, put a wrong GAS amount and lose money, forget private key and lose all money.
What we as pioneers should focus on is user experience: new people should feel more friendly when start using Bitcoin. The interface of the apps should be more intuitive and less scary. We should create an ecosystem with a strong scam defense.

Newcomers got used to smooth experience working with bank apps, they feel secure talking to their accountants and support managers. What my non-tech-savvy relatives feel when they start working with Bitcoins is "WTF?".

Without a UX breakthrough, Bitcoin will remain a toy for geeks, not a product for masses.
Pages:
Jump to: