Pages:
Author

Topic: WeChat bans crypto transactions in its payment channels - page 2. (Read 258 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
https://www.theblockcrypto.com/tiny/wechat-bans-crypto-transactions-in-its-payment-channels/

Did everyone hear about the recent statement released from WeChat regarding the ban of all crypto transactions? This would make sense seeing that it is a Chinese company and China has been pushing hard to regulate crypto.

What does this mean for crypto and WeChat? Will we see decentralized apps like Elixxir take its place?

This can be expected since the Chinese government seems to be dead serious in flushing out the use of any cryptocurrency within the boundary and influence of its power. Firms basing within China have no choice but to bow their heads to the government's wielding influence as going against can mean going to the cemetery. Now, will this have any direct on the market? So far there is no such thing but we don't know the long-term effect unless there can be a replacement on the horizon. Anyway, I am confident that even if we totally lost the Chinese market, cryptocurrency is here to stay and can even boom better and stronger.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 879
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
The best wechat could do to stay ahead of their competitors is find a way to fuse crypto into their platform and not going in with a ban hammer!

Being a big company, If it's an issue of legality they can easily find a good lawyer and establish base where crypto is welcome and will allow them to grow their user base, it's a  WIN-WIN for everyone..easy peasy.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1168
I think such news may have a negative impact on the crypto world.
Much more negative event, if China completely ban mining cryptocurrency.
The decision should be made soon.
Activity: 980
Merit: 109
WeChat is a under Chinese company right? So this is not a big deal on my opinion, China government gas a negative views on Bitcoin and this action is following government's law on banning almost everything related to crypto.

I do not agree that it does not matter much. It has, even as it has! China is 1/6 of the world's population. And the restriction of such a market entails a great influence on the entire market as a whole. Remember, at least, China’s ban on participation in ICO. After that, we did not see multi-million fees in each project. Everything has become much more modest.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
WeChat is a under Chinese company right? So this is not a big deal on my opinion, China government gas a negative views on Bitcoin and this action is following government's law on banning almost everything related to crypto.

WeChat decision is just to make sure that the platform won't get banned by the government which will end up in losing their users (most of WeChat users are Chinese).

I'm not sure if this will have a negative impact on market but, this kind of bad news from China is nothing new to crypto.
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
https://www.theblockcrypto.com/tiny/wechat-bans-crypto-transactions-in-its-payment-channels/

Did everyone hear about the recent statement released from WeChat regarding the ban of all crypto transactions? This would make sense seeing that it is a Chinese company and China has been pushing hard to regulate crypto.

What does this mean for crypto and WeChat? Will we see decentralized apps like Elixxir take its place?
Pages:
Jump to: