Pages:
Author

Topic: Weekend disaster? - page 3. (Read 488 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 3911
March 04, 2018, 07:39:47 AM
If we notice there is no crash or correction in each Weekend "Only the heavier drops than normal".
Generally the market stabilized at 10,000$ and any increase or decrease is the result of daily trading "which is affected by weekends".
I think the reason for the decline this time is regulation laws "USA & Japan"
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
March 04, 2018, 06:40:24 AM
Yes.  Weekends are the favorite for a drop.    Anybody who doesn't sell at this price must be mad.  That's what I think.  It will be below 11k soon and then maybe down more.  Holding only works with a very steady growth over a long period of time not this constant up down up down. 
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
March 04, 2018, 05:20:42 AM
We've been noticing this trend also and we are wondering if this is just a cycle that traders do on a weekly basis or is this just a coincidence. Most of us in our group think that this is just a trend made by market makers to safeguard their profits before the weekend hits. They tend to take profit every Friday because they think that Monday holds risks that are unforeseeable and that they should take precautionary actions before weekend.

In a sense, this is a logical way in approaching the cryptomarket. We all know at anything (good or bad) over the weekend that can make or break the cryptosphere. They are minimizing their involvement in this type of risks by pulling out their money every Friday and by entering again on Monday if the market is moving in favor of their positions. 
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
March 04, 2018, 05:12:19 AM
This has been discussed several times and every time you think there is a pattern, suddenly it starts rising before the weekend.

I think it tanks more then it rises though, so it may be worthwhile to try and profit from this.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
March 04, 2018, 04:50:24 AM
Have you noticed something mysterious in crypto price: weekend disaster.

The most price drops tend to happen on weekends.

During weekends, price almost certainly drops, sometimes even crash. Price rarely goes up on weekends. Especially on Sundays. You may look at the price chart of major coins, BTC BCH ETH LTC .. in the last 3 months, which all seem to confirm this.

Why?Any explanation?

this is probably caused by long holidays so investors and trading players need money therefore many who sell and attract assets that have been earned from the benefits of playing bitcoin.
In principle, Bitcoin's pricing is the same as setting the price of oranges. There must be a deal between the offer price (the price of the people who sell Bitcoin) and the demand price (the person who buys Bitcoin).

The difference is, Bitcoin and digital currencies are homogeneous. This means one Bitcoin is identical to the other Bitcoin. There is no
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
March 04, 2018, 03:06:45 AM

During weekends, price almost certainly drops, sometimes even crash. Price rarely goes up on weekends. Especially on Sundays. You may look at the price chart of major coins, BTC BCH ETH LTC .. in the last 3 months, which all seem to confirm this.

Why?Any explanation?

No. It's always been the trend coming into weekends. One reason I speculate is that traders, just cash out and take home profits. Maybe some of them are going to buy something, taking a weekend vacation with their love ones or families. And its always like that. I think you will also noticed that in stock market if I'm not mistaken.

I also noticed that in the beginning of my journey in trading and come up with my own conclusions. But I think others would agree on me though. I myself do some selling at the end of the week so that I can enjoy weekends with my families from the profit that I got from my trading / investing portfolio.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
March 04, 2018, 02:42:30 AM

Why?Any explanation?

this is probably caused by long holidays so investors and trading players need money therefore many who sell and attract assets that have been earned from the benefits of playing bitcoin.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
March 04, 2018, 02:16:34 AM

Why?Any explanation?

This seems to be becoming a trend, it could be because of many coincidences or it could be a legit pattern.

I personally think that it's just a coincidence. There isn't too much logic in prices dropping at weekends compared to the weekdays. Like what reason would you have? Markets are still open on weekends and nothing changes. Also even if major traders take a break on the weekends, it shouldn't have an effect. It's not like they need money exclusively for the weekends.

Although it could be reinforcing its own pattern through past repetitions with no basis. ie previously it happened by coincidence, but after a few times in a row people had this psychological effect where they started trading the pattern, resulting in the dumps on weekends. Doesn't really concern the long term growth of BTC though.
Activity: 89
Merit: 5
March 04, 2018, 12:23:23 AM

Why?Any explanation?
Pages:
Jump to: