Pages:
Author

Topic: WEF On Cryptocurrencies: Crypto is here to stay - page 2. (Read 248 times)

Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
The future of cryptocurrency will not be like the internet because the internet requires massive amount of investment to work normally and it's typically centralized. True cryptocurrency will continue to exist in decentralized manner while the false ones will be centralized and controlled/regulated by power hungry tyrants. True cryptocurrencies will be decentralized and controlled by codes and community of global participants... And anyone is free to join and leave at will... It will be voluntary.
This is why I choose Bitcoin because it can never be controlled by power hungry  tyrants.
The false cryptocurrencies will be controlled and Centralized by them via Trojan horse like Proof of Stake.

Lest I forget, internet is still very much unsafe and riddled with scammers, crooks etc. The ones who control the internet failed massive in this areas. They need to solve that first before talking about crypto.

The massive crash was general. It affected both the stock market and online websites like Facebook. Cryptocurrency's was very much expected by few people who matter or those who are really at the top in true Crypto space. They are predicting a massive bull run soon and I believe them. So, thanks for the concern. You can now go and fix the massive corruption of the internet
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
The early days of the internet were plagued with viruses and scams, yet email and the World Wide Web did not get banned. Similarly the embrace of crypto technology is equally inevitable.

Hilarious! So, you're trying to say that internet is not plagued by viruses and scams right now? Haha... in fact, the more advanced a technology is, the more complicated the scams get.  Grin

Wrong wording. I meant despite those things Internet has become need in our lives.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172
Privacy Servers. Since 2009.
The early days of the internet were plagued with viruses and scams, yet email and the World Wide Web did not get banned. Similarly the embrace of crypto technology is equally inevitable.

Hilarious! So, you're trying to say that internet is not plagued by viruses and scams right now? Haha... in fact, the more advanced a technology is, the more complicated the scams get.  Grin
Activity: 1050
Merit: 383
Report compares current crash with dot com fallout of 2000 which resulted in an evolution of the internet to more durable companies and business models.

History is riddled with examples of otherwise good or neutral technologies being co-opted by bad actors and those ever-present human follies of greed, nescience, risks of opportunity or outright criminality. All of which are amplified in emerging, lightly regulated sectors and accelerated by technology. Indeed, no sector is risk-free, especially not one involving money. However, crypto punishes the errant at speed, giving bad actors few places to hide.

Read article: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2023/01/future-of-cryptocurrencies-davos2023

I'm not going to talk about the connection between the dot com bubble and crypto from a technological point of view, but from an economic point of view. We know that the dot com bubble was a period when many technology stocks went up very high and eventually plunged and this resulted in many technology companies going bankrupt and closing their businesses. And that has just happened to the crypto world as well. The crypto market experienced a peak when the Bitcoin price briefly hit $69K and then fell sharply, until now the price of BTC is around $16K. This downturn in the crypto market led to hundreds of crypto projects going bankrupt and closing their businesses, and it was most felt in the Defi sector.

With the loss of crypto market capitalization this is causing many investors to suffer losses and crypto projects are no longer running their business, and this makes the crypto market seem unstable. However, it actually makes the crypto market healthier as what CZ said "the market is much healthier in the current winter conditions because only the crypto-believers remain in the field" ( https://cryptoslate.com/binances-cz-thinks-crypto-market-is-much-healthier-with-btc-around-20k/ ). The crypto market is getting healthier these days, with lots of "true" crypto projects, rather than projects that simply offer returns and then disappear. Maybe this will cause many people to be skeptical of the crypto market, but believe me crypto will be more attractive and will be more and more used in the future. Maybe in the future the crypto market will experience another significant increase, but it will also be accompanied by a significant decline and that will make this market even stronger with more innovative and real projects.

Doesn't crypto market go through this in every bull market? people throw money at anything everything and make money, pour same money in market expecting same results and there comes the winter.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Report compares current crash with dot com fallout of 2000 which resulted in an evolution of the internet to more durable companies and business models.

People trend towards remembering ideas and arguments which they believe to be accurate and intelligent.

While abandoning and forgetting comparisons which they believe to be the opposite.

Time will tell if people accept the "dot com fallout" as a good explanation. Check back in 6 to 12 months and see if the idea has taken off. Or if people have chosen to dismiss it as being counter intuitive.

What happened with the silicon valley dot com bubble is, people threw money at everything vaguely dot comish expecting linear returns. Instead they received steadily diminishing returns, severe enough to result in a bubble. Does this draw direct parallels to our current state of crypto? Will the general public accept that as a good explanation for the crash of crypto assets in 2022? I would be curious to know the answer, myself.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
I think that is the natural cycle of any boom and bust industry, only the fittest survived, become stronger evolved and teaches lesson for the next company on how to prepared for the worst and stay strong.

That is why so many upcoming projects are waiting for better market conditions to launch themselves through IDO and some have postponed their ongoing marketing and IDO continuation till they see some good signs of recovery from the markets because they don't want to see themselves dumped in lieu of current market conditions, despite being providing the best products till now. We can call that a way to protect their investors from feeling cheated.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
The dot com bubble made some new companies strong, some old companies stronger/more prepared and lay the groundwork for other companies to emerge once a lot of the original companies crashed.

And there are companies that still exist up to this day even though majority have failed and lost in history. And this could also be compared to projects that despite the worst crypto winter, or as the article says "but more of an ice age".

I think that is the natural cycle of any boom and bust industry, only the fittest survived, become stronger evolved and teaches lesson for the next company on how to prepared for the worst and stay strong.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

Even if it isn't the WEF's official stance the article reads exactly how the WEF would try to abuse crypto and use it for control. Seems the author is taking an angle of CBDC's when they allude to a responsible use of blockchain. "Responsible use" of blockchain by a globalist organization like the WEF just means blockchain at the control of the elite under the guise of consumer protection and safety. As if consumers want to be protected from the people at the WEF.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
WEF On Cryptocurrencies: Crypto is here to stay

The article isn't explicitly a WEF's stance.

The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone and not the World Economic Forum.

And the author himself is the CSO of Circle.

Anyway, crypto is indeed will always here to stay, but with a constant scrutiny and stricter regulation. In fact, it seems that is what the articles mostly talk about, a firm regulation will make crypto "safer", and in consequence, a project like Circle would utilise its full potency. Leaving privacy-preserving technologies at behind, so there is a clear distinction about which are the good or bad side of crypto.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
The comparisons between the internet and the crypto industry will never end.
I don't want to be the guy, who puts salt in the wound, but crypto cannot be compared to the world wide web.
The internet has utility, but what's the utility of crypto? Buy low-Sell high? What's the utility of blockchain technology, other than being the infrastructure for a bunch of speculative assets(Bitcoin and the altcoins)? I'm not saying that Bitcoin being a speculative asset is something bad, but I simply can't seem to find any other utility tied to Bitcoin. Privacy? Well, BTC isn't anonymous. Being a currency for the unbanked?
In most cases, you can't buy BTC without a bank account. Yes, crypto is here to stay and the scams won't crypto from growing, but the real question is: How useful crypto actually is?

Aren't we using it already in many ways? We even donate to Ukraine with crypto.
I could say, it's pretty much the same industry that people tend to speculate to die just like the internet where people tend to think, WWW is just going to be for the computer guys but look at how the web developed that we send money across the internet eg. Paypal.
It took years how the internet becomes available to the masses but it starts as a tool for the military and then in the 90s is where I first used it.

Crypto is in the early stage yet. But most important of all is how the blockchain will be used by companies on the web. Right now it hasn't popped out yet but many blockchains are already promising use cases like Vechain.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
The comparisons between the internet and the crypto industry will never end.
I don't want to be the guy, who puts salt in the wound, but crypto cannot be compared to the world wide web.
The internet has utility, but what's the utility of crypto? Buy low-Sell high? What's the utility of blockchain technology, other than being the infrastructure for a bunch of speculative assets(Bitcoin and the altcoins)? I'm not saying that Bitcoin being a speculative asset is something bad, but I simply can't seem to find any other utility tied to Bitcoin. Privacy? Well, BTC isn't anonymous. Being a currency for the unbanked?
In most cases, you can't buy BTC without a bank account. Yes, crypto is here to stay and the scams won't crypto from growing, but the real question is: How useful crypto actually is?
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
I don't know if this is anyone else's experience but a lot of the older populations that complained about people being on their phones pre-pandemic and now predominantly doing the same thing.

The same seems likely to happen with cryptocurrency or at least a CBDC with good privacy controls.

The dot com bubble made some new companies strong, some old companies stronger/more prepared and lay the groundwork for other companies to emerge once a lot of the original companies crashed.

History is riddled with examples of otherwise good or neutral technologies being co-opted by bad actors and those ever-present human follies of greed, nescience, risks of opportunity or outright criminality. All of which are amplified in emerging, lightly regulated sectors and accelerated by technology. Indeed, no sector is risk-free, especially not one involving money. However, crypto punishes the errant at speed, giving bad actors few places to hide.

Read article: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2023/01/future-of-cryptocurrencies-davos2023

Pages:
Jump to: