Pages:
Author

Topic: weird drop in bitcoin price on coinmarket cap for one hour - page 2. (Read 302 times)

legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
These kinds of stuff happens to small coins all the time, it just attracts attention when it happens to big coins. Coinmarketcap is the best and most known website for tracking all these information about crypto currencies but no matter how great it is its still a website so sometimes it makes mistakes and recovers, some websites send out broke api inquires so the price falls a bit and than the next inquiry is correct so it gets better.

If you look at bitcoin you may not see it constantly but look at coins at above 500-1000th at marketcap, you will see them have these kinds of troubles all the time. Do not assume just because price of bitcoin went down and up there it actually went down and up in the markets as well, its almost never the case when this happens.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 283
That's normal mate because every site such coinmarketcap, has a different view when it come on the graph .common reason why mosly trader and holder always preferred to make a technical analysis in every site that provide the value of bitcoin which is just to determine the real direction of pattern or real value of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
That's not weird, and I guess that's just some crazy glitches happening on the side of CMC from time to time. This scenario occurred a lot of times already on their server, so when looking for prices within the last 24 hours, it's best to use multiple sources and not just CMC. Don't get me wrong, they are still a reliable source of information when it comes to some fast statistics for coins, but it's not a pain to check multiple sources for verification, too.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Checking the 24 hour price chart on CMC and seeing that there isn't a point in the last 24 hrs whereas bitcoin's price went lower than even $3700, then yea, chances are that it's just a bug on CMC's side.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
Did you want to say 'weird' instead of 'wired'? I think it's just a small glitch on CMC. You should look at another site such as Coingecko or Coincodex to compare the price, or you can click Bitcoin to see what is the price on each exchange. I'm pretty sure it's just a glitch on CMC server.
Activity: 532
Merit: 185
Around 2 hours ago there was a weird drop in the price in Bitcoins on CoinMarketCap, Bitcoins dominance was even under 50% in that price drop, I can't see any major exchange that experiences a price drop, and the price didn't fall on coingecko or other sites.
But now it's back to normal again.

Pages:
Jump to: