Pages:
Author

Topic: We'll be at 10,000+ by 2026 - page 7. (Read 4779 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
July 11, 2016, 12:11:06 PM
i always thought that it it possible to reach 10k/btc soon, but here is one BIG problem...

People with large amounts of money, aka wallstreet, mutual funds, hedge funds, etc. look to be reluctant to invest in an asset where majority of trading and vast majority of transaction confirmations are chinese-based. Maybe it is a case of jingoism or fed implicitly or even explicitly tells them to back off, i have no idea.
With wall street largely out of the picture, it is small speculators group which provides bullish uptick, but such speculators are notoriously fickle, ready to turn on a dime with each new reddit, hence large moves up and down, which, incidentally, diminish btc value as a payment method.

prognosis: lots of volatility for the next 10-20 years.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 11, 2016, 11:48:52 AM
In 2026, mining would be very unprofitable. Transactions would take days or even longer and the bitcoin is going to die at that point.
You are completely wrong, just go through how actually mining is done, how mining difficulty is adjusted according to number of miners and mining power before assuming transaction will be slow by 2026. Transaction will always be confirmed at 10 minute of 1 mb blocks.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
July 11, 2016, 11:42:49 AM
In 2026, mining would be very unprofitable. Transactions would take days or even longer and the bitcoin is going to die at that point.

You need to (re)read the white paper by Satoshi Nakamoto. You are incorrect and all this was thought out years ago.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
July 11, 2016, 11:39:04 AM

You may be right if the code code would not be changing, but i am 100% sure that it will be changing a lot.
2026 is 10 years from now, by then we got a super nice wallet interface, better security (2FA) and more users on the network.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
July 11, 2016, 11:25:27 AM
I can't believe people that still don't own any Bitcoins are waiting for it to get any lower to get in. Anyone that isn't a complete moron should known by now that Bitcoin is insanely underpriced at only 10 billion dollar marketcap at the potential to grow is immense. I can't believe so many short sighted idiots are watching such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pass by like this, time after time as they are always waiting for a perfect price.

Listen, it doesn't fucking matter if you get in at 1000 or at 100, in the long term, anyone that didn't buy when the price was this cheap, will cry and have suicidal thoughts over it. But I guess some people can't put things into perspective only after those things happen, which is ironically why few get rich while most stay poor and mediocre as they cry about missed opportunities. Those pussies don't deserve to be right anyway.

i also believe that bitcoin is extremely undervalued right now but that is no way to address the issue by insulting others.
and also i have accepted the fact that investing in bitcoin is a risky business and you always have to consider everything before getting your hands dirty.
also i want to add that by undervalued i mean it should be at above $2000 not at an unreal price like 10K

Again, 10K is not unreal in 10 years. That's unreal is that it's not 10K in 10 years.

We are at 10 billion marketcap. This is absolutely nothing in the big picture. Bitcoin has a potential to reach hundreds of billions of dollars for a marketcap, if not trillions in the future.
legendary
July 11, 2016, 11:23:33 AM

You must have brain for bricks, or I guess you are just shitposting for the signature campaign. In any case, to claim that you don't know how Bitcoin works. I mean who the hell is talking about mining being unprofitable as time goes by being a problem if you have been here for some time, then you haven't learned anything.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
July 11, 2016, 11:15:39 AM
I can't believe people that still don't own any Bitcoins are waiting for it to get any lower to get in. Anyone that isn't a complete moron should known by now that Bitcoin is insanely underpriced at only 10 billion dollar marketcap at the potential to grow is immense. I can't believe so many short sighted idiots are watching such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pass by like this, time after time as they are always waiting for a perfect price.

Listen, it doesn't fucking matter if you get in at 1000 or at 100, in the long term, anyone that didn't buy when the price was this cheap, will cry and have suicidal thoughts over it. But I guess some people can't put things into perspective only after those things happen, which is ironically why few get rich while most stay poor and mediocre as they cry about missed opportunities. Those pussies don't deserve to be right anyway.

i also believe that bitcoin is extremely undervalued right now but that is no way to address the issue by insulting others.
and also i have accepted the fact that investing in bitcoin is a risky business and you always have to consider everything before getting your hands dirty.
also i want to add that by undervalued i mean it should be at above $2000 not at an unreal price like 10K
Activity: 292
Merit: 251
Telegram: @Adriandmen
July 11, 2016, 11:09:35 AM
legendary
July 11, 2016, 11:07:51 AM

Pages:
Jump to: