Pages:
Author

Topic: Western Union to begin accepting Bitcoin (WSJ) - page 5. (Read 8106 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
Some serious reading comprehension fail by the OP. If they introduced something, it would be a competitor to Bitcoin, never says they will begin accepting Bitcoin.
goddamnit, youre right.

edit: actually im not so sure. It's really not clear at all either way. I'm going to see if I can track down the journalists email to ask her.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1006
If it is April fool's joke, they should have declared it somewhere/by now?

And even then, I think it would be pretty bad joke. It is not that outrageous thing. And not that funny to 99,9% of the people who don't know what bitcoin is and what's so special about it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Some serious reading comprehension fail by the OP. If they introduced something, it would be a competitor to Bitcoin, never says they will begin accepting Bitcoin.
Activity: 784
Apparently it's a well-researched article targeted at a serious audience, I doubt it's as simple as an April fool's joke.
legendary
April.

The 1st.

Put the two together.

Bingo.

If it is an april fools joke, its a damn good one. I'm fooled.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
April.

The 1st.

Put the two together.

Bingo.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I have just sent an email to WU requesting confirmation this is true. Will post answer when I get it.
legendary
If this is true..  Shocked
Activity: 462
Clown prophet
The company is looking at the use of digital currencies like Bitcoin as well as the role
Activity: 476
Send your bitcoins to WU so they can send them to SR and the transaction will be compliant with money laundering laws?

I'm shorting WU instead.
legendary
Activity: 1031
April 1, 2013
Stopped reading there.  Cheesy

Could be a joke but I doubt it. Would not surprise me if WU were the instigator in getting FinCEN to get some guidelines published.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1013
ahah funny one
legendary
Activity: 3657
Merit: 1448
April 1, 2013
Stopped reading there.  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: