Pages:
Author

Topic: We've started mainstream adoption - Pension considers Bitcoin investment - page 2. (Read 1656 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
This is great news but what would be even greater news is if they start to do pension payouts in bitcoin.

Just imagine if a couple of large pension funds around the world start to do all their pension payouts in bitcoin. That would add a couple of million if not hundred million wallets into the ecosystem.

The moment that happens even more merchants will turn to bitcoin in order to capture the business from those pensioners so there will be a complete knock on effect in the industry.

Well thats a bit tricky, since you cant buy food and basic necessities with bitcoin yet, and it dont think that would be wise thing to do, yet.

Pensioners are poor, and they dont want to see -20% of their pension evaporating due to current btc volatility. Plus they cant buy basic stuff like food, water, medicine and clothes like pensioners do.

In the future that might be different, but for now we need adoption in the 15-40 year age groups, who purchase the most stuff. Then we can deal with the old guys later. (of course i`m not countring rich whales who invest there, but those guys dont have a pension lol)
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
This is great news but what would be even greater news is if they start to do pension payouts in bitcoin.

Just imagine if a couple of large pension funds around the world start to do all their pension payouts in bitcoin. That would add a couple of million if not hundred million wallets into the ecosystem.

The moment that happens even more merchants will turn to bitcoin in order to capture the business from those pensioners so there will be a complete knock on effect in the industry.
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
Yeah, it's an interesting time. There's all this news about venture investments and such but then there's still a lack of knowledge by every-day users and a lack of every-day places to spend bitcoin.

For instance, I emailed a friend this week about bitcoin and he said "I don't know much about it, what do I do with it?"

I also did a search in my area on businesses that accept bitcoin and most were bitcoin businesses or tech companies (website design firms and such.) Maybe the site I used for the search isn't accurate, but we need cafes, pubs, clothing stores to accept Bitcoin. I need to be able to walk down the main street with bitcoin burning a hole in my wallet and have places to spend it!

It guess the adoption comes slowly, despite the big bits of news. How long did it take for the internet to really become a mainstream thing? 10 years at least, right? (And I'm talking from when it was available to consumers, not Gov't or University use.)
Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
Yea i just tweeted that news earlier, it is a great news to see, but they will probably invest in bitcoin stocks, which is fair enough. The bitcoin companies generate demand (and due to big investments they are ultra competitive and easily destroy non-bitcoin competiors).

Imagine a bitcoin pizzeria that aquired 10 million dollar funding via a decentralized crowdfunding site. What other pizzeria you know that gets that much funding. Of course that pizzeria will smash their competitors with that funding, they can install LCD TV's inside their place and even jacuzzi to people.

I tell you guys, i`m more excited in the sense that bitcoin companies can gather billions of $ in funding, with this new type of crowdfunding like startcoin or whatever.

Now these penny stocks, could easily reach facebook market cap size soon. So I think the bitcoin/blockchain companies will be the next best investment in the planet.

Even when Cuba is allowing companies now, there are already bitcoin companies moving there offering bitcoin services to people.

It is just the beginning my friends. New billionaires will be born here.
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
http://www.coindesk.com/canadian-pension-funds-venture-arm-exploring-bitcoin-investments/

I think we've started the phase of mainstream adoption - a pension fund in Canada has started considering Bitcoin as an investment. This is a huge deal. Pension funds don't invest in penny stocks, options, or generally speculative investments. If they're considering Bitcoin, they must believe there's some stability and longevity to the investment (pensions have to pay liabilities for decades!)

Very interesting...
Pages:
Jump to: