Pages:
Author

Topic: What a bloodbath... - page 2. (Read 1440 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 100
August 25, 2017, 01:30:23 PM
My altcoin portfolio gained 3.89% in the last 24 hours, things aren't that bad, at least for me.

I've had a handful of weekends where I've lost 30%, crypto is volatile AF, HODL and it should come back.
Activity: 168
August 25, 2017, 01:27:09 PM
Jesus I wish that's all my losses were..

Yeah that's the only thing that keeps me from being more bleak about it.  Basically I have nothing in the market, it could all race to the bottom and I don't really care that much.  I can only imagine if I had some real money in it...

Good learning experiment though.  Looks like altcoins are a very, very risky investment.  I'm going to let it ride with my sells in place though and see what catches.  So far I've snagged a few free coins, and that's kinda cool.

FYI my losses have ehhh... gone up quite a bit since I took that screen shot.  Still though, they'll never go up more than $200 so whatever.

Good luck, I hope your reds turn to greens soon!
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
August 25, 2017, 01:23:21 PM
Things are barely moving. Relax and hodl. Tiny movements like these mean absolutely nothing in crypto. Also a lot of my alts are up so I don't know what bloodbath you are even referring to. Anyway, just hodl and chill Smiley

I keep expecting OMG, MCO and PAY to take off but so far no joy.  Well like you say, patience.

I think part of the problem is I made a custom folio viewer for Bittrex using their api, it shows profit/loss, average buy in price, etc differently than theirs does, so it's easier to see exactly which ones are losing money and how much.  Maybe I should switch back to Bittrex's view, so much easier to forget about lost money lol.

Jesus I wish that's all my losses were..
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
August 25, 2017, 12:51:34 PM
The age old adage, "what comes up must go down" seems appropriate for crypto.
August 25, 2017, 12:37:13 PM
Things are barely moving. Relax and hodl. Tiny movements like these mean absolutely nothing in crypto. Also a lot of my alts are up so I don't know what bloodbath you are even referring to. Anyway, just hodl and chill Smiley

I keep expecting OMG, MCO and PAY to take off but so far no joy.  Well like you say, patience.

I think part of the problem is I made a custom folio viewer for Bittrex using their api, it shows profit/loss, average buy in price, etc differently than theirs does, so it's easier to see exactly which ones are losing money and how much.  Maybe I should switch back to Bittrex's view, so much easier to forget about lost money lol.

Activity: 714
Merit: 257
August 25, 2017, 12:36:07 PM
Its an usual thing. When bts stops alts go back up, but not as high as they were. Some regain old values some dont
Activity: 170
August 25, 2017, 12:30:50 PM
August 25, 2017, 12:26:26 PM
Anyone else getting murdered on altcoins the last 48 hours?

Seems like BTC goes up, alt's go down....

I'm holding, and have snagged a few free coins / profit selling 90% at +20%, but lately my folio is looking like a sea of red.

Do alts eventually regain lost value from BTC appreciation?  Or is it a one way street, BTC up, Alts down?

So far, BAT, VIA, CFI seem to be gaining despite the trends in my other holdings.  

I'm really disappointed in Dash.  I was expecting great things for that with it's diff rate constantly reaching new heights but so far it doesn't seem like diff is actually making much of an impact on it's price.
Pages:
Jump to: