Pages:
Author

Topic: What a stupid scammer. - page 2. (Read 1818 times)

Activity: 412
Merit: 251
March 24, 2016, 08:19:03 AM
that's funny.  Cheesy

so... you have profile link or anything like that?

Nah, didn't quite catch his name, but im sure I can find it if I fish through my activity. But what use is it anyway? He was negged on steamrep already.

Ahahhahaha he send an address already posted Cheesy really stupid scammer Cheesy and you got a good idea: search address on the net.
It's the only solutions to avoid scammers.

who is this guy so we can tag his account, scammer should not be left to go around undisturbed

be aware because some scammer buy a trusted account and use it as escrow, they control both account the escrow and the account for trading

Yes I agree... post public such username/user .... when there is a scam we need to know and "red tag" !

He didn't give me a bitcontalk account. He probably didn't even know what bitcoin was, judging by his "bitcoin address" Wink
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
March 23, 2016, 05:57:39 PM
If he is a scammer he is very bad in that, he didn't even bother to prepare everything for good scam.
But if he isn't a scammer he is for sure dumb and lazy.
I don't see any other explanation, good thing he is busted in any case.
Your story is good example for people who trade, always infor yourself about people u trade with.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
March 23, 2016, 05:43:06 PM
You know despite on the scenario you described, if he did provide another btc address from a public ledger and shown proof of other peoples btc.

The escrow would be obviously the safety catch here since he/she isnt going to be paying from the same address.

But, yeah scammers are sometimes not on the brightest thinkers lol.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
March 23, 2016, 05:15:19 PM
Wow. This guy was so smart lol, even if he didn't know then he should have just made a new coinbase account, it isn't that hard.
Goes to show that scammers aren't that smart, and not really that hard to prevent.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
March 23, 2016, 06:09:38 AM
Just wanted to share a funny scam attempt.

I was trying to sell my knife (Karambit UV MW), and someone added me straight away. He said he wanted to pay on real money. I said I only accepted bitcoin, and he said okay. He quickly rushed into which escrow I was going to use. But I kept persisting with the question of "Can you give me your bitcoin address so I know you actually have the money?"

He finally listened to me, and said he had exactly $20 in good wallet, and have me the address 1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX.

I checked it straight away, and found out the address was a wikileaks address Roll Eyes

It turns out when you search up "bitcoin address", the wikileaks donation address is the first thing that comes up. What a joke. Grin

Ahahhahaha he send an address already posted Cheesy really stupid scammer Cheesy and you got a good idea: search address on the net.
It's the only solutions to avoid scammers.

who is this guy so we can tag his account, scammer should not be left to go around undisturbed

be aware because some scammer buy a trusted account and use it as escrow, they control both account the escrow and the account for trading

Yes I agree... post public such username/user .... when there is a scam we need to know and "red tag" !
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 23, 2016, 02:58:32 AM

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
March 23, 2016, 02:00:34 AM
scammers are getting lazier.
you should ask for a signed message from bitcoin address, he was a lazy scammer otherwise he could have just opened blockchain.info and copied one of the addresses from live feed and say this is mine.

Lazy and with low IQ scammer or he thinks that others are silly. I wish I can see the link of profile of this scammer guy.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
March 23, 2016, 01:55:07 AM
scammers are getting lazier.
you should ask for a signed message from bitcoin address, he was a lazy scammer otherwise he could have just opened blockchain.info and copied one of the addresses from live feed and say this is mine.
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
March 23, 2016, 12:05:38 AM
that's funny.  Cheesy

so... you have profile link or anything like that?
Activity: 412
Merit: 251
March 23, 2016, 12:02:32 AM
Just wanted to share a funny scam attempt.

I was trying to sell my knife (Karambit UV MW), and someone added me straight away. He said he wanted to pay on real money. I said I only accepted bitcoin, and he said okay. He quickly rushed into which escrow I was going to use. But I kept persisting with the question of "Can you give me your bitcoin address so I know you actually have the money?"

He finally listened to me, and said he had exactly $20 in good wallet, and have me the address 1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX.

I checked it straight away, and found out the address was a wikileaks address Roll Eyes

It turns out when you search up "bitcoin address", the wikileaks donation address is the first thing that comes up. What a joke. Grin
Pages:
Jump to: