Pages:
Author

Topic: what affects the price? - page 18. (Read 1696 times)

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259
April 29, 2018, 10:43:17 PM
I think demand is a major factor that affects price (all other factors being kept constant e.g FUD). However, we know thaat manipulation is now the order of the day since the futures guys started bitcoin business in December 2017. But really the main factor should be demand, i did not mention supply because i take it to be almost constant since the number of people adopting bitcoin daily far outweighs the rate at which new bitcoin come into existence and with increasing difficulty rate of mining. So increase in demand keeps pushing the price higher

I agree with you all depends on the request.
but a clear rise and fall value bitcoin price no one set all running with the  interface systemor called p2p.
Activity: 128
Merit: 0
April 29, 2018, 10:35:28 PM
The most influential factor, quite clear and obvious, is speculation. Bitcoin speculation can bring huge profits. The risk of this currency makes it attractive to speculators. As a commodity, the value of Bitcoin is determined based on supply and demand.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
April 29, 2018, 10:27:58 PM
Demand and supply affect prices, but when it comes to Bitcoin, prices are manipulated by creating two conditions according to their needs, their sensations, and their panic. Since more Bitcoin purchases and shares will raise Bitcoin prices and vice versa when demand is less than the available stock in the market, prices will tend to fall.
Activity: 280
April 29, 2018, 10:24:49 PM
In my opinion, there are several factors affecting the price of bitcoin and these are FUD and negativity news in the media.
With this, bitcoin may had affect it's price and that is a fact where it is commonly happening in the crypto market due to its volatility.
Activity: 518
Merit: 10
April 29, 2018, 10:10:40 PM
There are several factors that may affects the prices which is some medias are realesing bad news about crypto currency or some exchanger sites are being hack that could affects the prices, maybe there are some countries are going banned of crypto currency.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
April 29, 2018, 07:53:29 PM
I think if you are in the Cryptoworld, you should be used to how the prices change within some time period. The crypto prices are controlled by the investors and the prices increase when there is high demand and decrease when there is low demand for Bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
April 29, 2018, 06:59:54 PM
I think demand is a major factor that affects price (all other factors being kept constant e.g FUD). However, we know thaat manipulation is now the order of the day since the futures guys started bitcoin business in December 2017. But really the main factor should be demand, i did not mention supply because i take it to be almost constant since the number of people adopting bitcoin daily far outweighs the rate at which new bitcoin come into existence and with increasing difficulty rate of mining. So increase in demand keeps pushing the price higher
Activity: 132
April 29, 2018, 06:59:37 PM
A huge sell off by big whales to small traders is the main reason of a huge dump in bitcoin. Another reason of downtrend in market is less demand and high supply of bitcoin in market.
Activity: 296
Merit: 13
April 29, 2018, 06:53:45 PM
Certain factors affects bitcoin price, the main thing I guess is the demand and supply which I believe could be at times manipulated by the whales. Another factor that plays role in influencing price are the scams and unpleasant news, it creates bad impact that in turn affects demand and could at times creates panic selling and lead to price drop.
Activity: 378
April 29, 2018, 06:35:56 PM
the buyers are so much lower than the sellers thus making the price go down as no one wants to buy it, which is explained by demand and supply theory and so many FUD causes buyers to step back from buying it.
Yes, basic theory are low price because Buy < Sell. But my opinion about this, many people are still worried to buy Bitcoin and hold it for long time regarding about what happens in Last Dec-Jan 2018. So nowadays many people takes daily trading for gain profit rather than hold without doing nothing.
April 29, 2018, 06:30:42 PM
the buyers are so much lower than the sellers thus making the price go down as no one wants to buy it, which is explained by demand and supply theory and so many FUD causes buyers to step back from buying it.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
April 29, 2018, 06:29:49 PM
I think fud and scam news directly affects price.

FUD may work for new ones but for old time hodlers it will just be a little chance that they will be affected by it. In fact, they might just ignore it thinking it is another fake news made by whales to get them a little more profit before buying. That will grow the number of bitcoin that they will hold and will continue to be whales that could somehow shake the crypto industry.
Activity: 283
April 29, 2018, 06:21:24 PM
It is the nature of bitcoin to be volatile. I think governments also play major role in this, the policie of most governments that are against bitcoin makes holders who are faint hearted to panic sell thereby resulting in this fluctuating price.
Activity: 280
April 29, 2018, 06:20:14 PM
I think fud and scam news directly affects price.
Activity: 742
Merit: 101
April 29, 2018, 06:14:11 PM
Panic selling mostly happened to people that is new to industry and sell their bitcoin like crazy, country is not friendly that cause the price to goes down, altcoin that sell into bitcoin then sell bitcoin to fiat and lastly is scammed, lot of people is scammers.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
April 29, 2018, 05:44:17 PM
The 3 main driving force behind such price fluctuations are mainly due to:

1. CME Groups entering the crude market.
2. CBOE playing around in this unregulated space.
3. Increase in hedging by the whales (also known as market manipulators)

There's nothing really we can do about preventing it now. We either have to ride the wave by taking advantage of the sieve curves or get rekt eventually.
Activity: 258
Merit: 12
April 29, 2018, 05:38:56 PM
Market manipulations from the financial institutions,the news,the FUDs, and most importantly technicals these are the things that you should be watching out as they are going to be a good trigger for your trades,this is the butterfly effect that is why we need to be sure to our all decisions because you might see a good difference when things arent turning into our hands.
Merit: 250
April 29, 2018, 05:34:54 PM
bitcoin slowly went down this year, from almost 20k USD last December and went down at a significant price

what might be the reason why bitcoin's price is going down?
what are the major things that can greatly influence bitcoin?
answers would be fully appreciated Smiley
There is a lot of reasons why. Panic selling, selling a huge amount of bitcoin because they think it will continuously drop. Country banned bitcoin, some country have the higher population of people using bitcoin and banning have big impact in the price and also the supply and demand.   
Activity: 658
Merit: 253
April 29, 2018, 04:47:41 PM
Many factors can affect the price of crypto. Today one of the most important factors are the news. If someone significant in world crypto said bad news, the market goes down.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 269
April 29, 2018, 01:14:03 PM
Many factors are making bitcoin down, one of which is a lot of negative news, which makes bitcoin now down, coupled with its many investors who panicked. afraid of getting big losses, and selling his assets before the price drops lower, whereas the more that sell bitcoin, it will make bitcoin prices, falling even lower.

yes, when there has too many negative news regarding bitcoin, the demand was getting poor and also it is the reason why the price are still dump.  Actually, one of the reason are when one of some big country who has a big contribute by bitcoin was planned to ban it, the price was getting low and almost it is low.
the price of bitcoin down it does bring bad influence for its users, especially with the gosib that is not true also, then increase the unbelievers.
Pages:
Jump to: