Pages:
Author

Topic: What are stable coins? - page 5. (Read 18269 times)

Activity: 179
Merit: 0
July 30, 2018, 06:24:09 AM
It is not something cryptocurrency will achieve soon. As long as crypto is seen as a way of earning - stability is hardly attainable.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Anonymous warrior
July 29, 2018, 09:59:39 AM
There are few stable coins right now, just like ARBITRAGING but for me as an investor and hunter. I can say that We cant say that a coins will remain stable coins.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
July 29, 2018, 09:56:38 AM
Because crypto market's development is unstable, how can we find a stable coin ?
I agree. The cryptocurrency market is never stable if the government does not control the price of the market. There are still so many whales in the world that are manipulating the price of the cryptocurrency market every day

i think you are right, but i also think that this is not a good thing if we want that people start to use btc as currency.
Yes if bitcoin used as currency it will be stable because there is no unstable currency. The stability of the currency is certain because currency is used to buy an item/pay a service if it’s not stable then it will be difficult to determine the price of goods/services offered.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
July 27, 2018, 06:46:36 AM
a stable coin can also be on the blockchain, though its emission will be manual
Activity: 462
July 24, 2018, 03:01:35 AM
If we want to see mass adoption of cryptos it is important for the market to become stable, but right now, that's only a possibility. In future cryptos price may become stable in governments intervene which will definitely attract all the investors and create a stable market and community.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
July 23, 2018, 08:29:26 PM
In terms of price there is no stable value of decentralized currency because their value is depending on the demand and supply, but i think to determine the stability of a coin is those coin are continuous moving forward with a good value which is we can used for long period of time or until in the future, of course bitcoin is the main coin which is very strong and stable, next for me is Ethereum and BCH these coin is can be used in the future like what bitcoin feature right now,
Activity: 252
Merit: 105
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
July 23, 2018, 07:24:35 PM
IMO, stable coins are the cryptos in which the exchange rate always holds at a specific value. As all the currencies in the world are converted to USD. And in the cryptocurrency market at the moment, USDT is a stable coin. The exchange rate is always stable at 1 USD = 1 USDT and is safe crypto to preserve capital when the market fluctuates in the exchange rate.
Activity: 196
July 23, 2018, 07:18:16 PM
Currently there is no stable currency in the crypto market, they are always fluctuating in the supply and demand markets. So choosing a potential coin is essential for you.
Activity: 332
Merit: 100
July 23, 2018, 06:29:13 PM
Until some serious regulations are applied to crypto currencies they will never be stable. The price can be hugely different from day to day, influenced by news and even rumours.

in fact it is true that the price will never be stable until whenever. because the current situation and the first is different, especially when this is also interested in growing and there are also who do not like the existence of coin. so it sometimes makes the coin price up and down.
Activity: 308
July 23, 2018, 05:58:51 PM
I think for now there is no stable coins for now because crypto currency is not totally accepted in different countries. But soon there is possibility that it will be happening.
Activity: 91
July 23, 2018, 05:49:18 PM
Until some serious regulations are applied to crypto currencies they will never be stable. The price can be hugely different from day to day, influenced by news and even rumours.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
July 23, 2018, 05:35:35 PM
now there is such a market that there are practically no stable coins, all depends on the price of bitcoin and ETH, therefore, it is basically necessary to watch them)))
Activity: 93
July 23, 2018, 04:56:38 PM
I think there's no such coin that's stable in price the market in cryptocurrency is very volatile i don't think there will be a coin that's stable
Activity: 332
Merit: 10
July 23, 2018, 04:31:07 PM
Stability is not about crypto actually. Yes, the long term goal should be a stable solid price for crypto, but now it's impossible. All these stable coins with a fixed price like Tether, I guess, attract so much investors attention mainly for the one purpose - to sit out the market dip and to speculate.
Activity: 728
Merit: 254
July 23, 2018, 04:30:16 PM
If you find any crypto coin that it market is stable, know that the coin is not decentralized.
Cryptocurrency is all decentralisation, if you are think of having a stable coin,  then it means you are thinking out the box.

If Crypto currencies market is stable, there won't be need for traders, because you won't make any profit (money) for trading or holding any particular coin.
Activity: 238
July 23, 2018, 04:20:02 PM
I did not checked in by myself but I was hearing from many of guys around here, that Litecoin is keeping relatively stable during all the corrections, so probably it is good to invest in it in term of long-hold.
Activity: 196
July 23, 2018, 12:19:15 PM
Stable coins price fluctuation range is not too high and this coin prices are not manipulated by others and they are also acceptable and stable in the market.
Activity: 280
July 23, 2018, 11:24:40 AM
A “stable coin” is a cryptocurrency that is pegged to another stable asset, like gold or the U.S. dollar. It’s a currency that is global, but is not tied to a central bank and has low volatility. This allows for practical usage of using cryptocurrency like paying for things every single day.Coins like Bitcoin and Ethereum and highly volatile. On any given day, it is common to see an increase to 10-20% or even a decrease. That makes using most cryptocurrencies for daily transactions inconvenient. Imagine paying $5 for your flat white (my coffee of choice) today and finding out tomorrow that it should have been $4. Price changes like that are shocking for a consumer. The adoption of stable coins will be be a catalyst to the new decentralized internet becoming mainstream.
Activity: 243
July 23, 2018, 11:16:56 AM
I think there is no stable coin in cryptocurrency because the price is very volatile.
But volatility is not a bad thing, you can make profit from it.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
July 23, 2018, 10:36:25 AM
What are stable coins and why do we need them?
This is one topic that catch my attentions. I have this article about stable coins and they are attracting big league investors. Will quote some part of the article.
"stable coins are designed to keep their price fixed, making them immune to manipulation trading. It could be argued that price stability will help to bring about the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies, as they are seeming more reliable and, therefore, attractive to major financial players. The recent IBM deal — along with other investments mentioned in this article — partly confirm that assumption."

Three types of stable coins can be outlined, depending on the type of collateralization they entail.

1. Fiat-collateralized
2. Non-collateralized
3. Crypto-collateralized

To know more and read the detailed article. Pls chck this link.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/island-of-stability-stable-coins-keep-attracting-big-league-investors/amp

I agree that stable coins are heavily helping crypto as it shows that the crypto currencies are only the tool that can represent anything, it's not only bitcoin. I support stable coins for sure

I also do that to support stable coins.
I know stable coins would having a big helps to crypto.
Represent anything, such as crypto collateralized.
Pages:
Jump to: