Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin ? - page 6. (Read 1193 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink

Disadvantagea such as ever increasing transaction fee, user might not afford it. People could not use it instantly. You have  to accomplish many action to complete the task. Aside from that, bitcoin also is becoming a bad thing in the mainstream medias. People made to reaaction and says in some below the belt phrases about bitcoin. Having a bad image and impression from people makes the demand go low.
Activity: 266
Merit: 17
No physical form, High fees, slow transaction, no money back guarantee because it's not centralized form so no one will sue the only thing we can blame is ourselves and bitcoin is so volatile so faster we get profit the rapid we loss too.
Activity: 125
Merit: 14

The biggest drawback of bitcoin is its slow speed transaction, as well as the high cost of transferring the transaction, in general bitcoin as gold, growth at the moment does not hurt
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
One big disadvantage in bitcoin is the transaction, the transactions of bitcoin usually takes instantly back then, but it drastically changed as years pass by, transactions now takes hours or even days before the the recipient to get the price. Transaction fees can be a headache to as they demand higher fee than the trans. fee back then.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
my big disadvantages from bitcoin is I know bitcoin from 2014 and just try to learn about bitcoin and try to do some little stuff with bitcoin, in 2015 I stop using bitcoin for 2 years and I start again because I believe that bitcoin is the good future, my regret is why I stop using bitcoin at 2015 and 2016, I think if I know bitcoin at 2015 and 2016 I will get some big knowledge about bitcoin
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
if a hard drive crushes,or a virus corrupt data,and the wallet file is corrupted bitcoin is essentially been lost.there is nothing that can done recover it.these coins will be forever orphaned in the system. this can bankrupt a wealthy bitcoin investor within second with no way form of recovery. the coins the investor owned will also be permanently orphaned.
Activity: 274
Everything has a negative side. there are nothing in the world those have no negative side. Bitcoin has disadvantages too. the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin are Bitcoin transaction speed is very slow and its transaction fee is very high. from my opinion these two disadvantages are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 26
For me, the biggest advantage of bitcoin is the high risk and unstable and being banned in bitcoin because of double account. And the fact that it is not yet accepted as system payment in the world.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 254
The biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is when you are banned and the rules of bitcoin prohibits you from having a double account which means you have to start again from being newbie. and it will get you months or years to be a hero member.
Activity: 271
Merit: 10
I always believe that if there's an advantages there are also a disadvantages. I believe that one of the bitcoin's disadvantages is the fluctuating side of it, bitcoin is just part of a business economy in where it goes up and down. Same with the other businesses bitcoin also is not perfect it always depend on the currencies. Also, same with the other businesses if you are not aware or you must understand the rules and regulations of it. You should also be are to those hackers, do not forget to close or log out your account properly.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 129
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink

BTC was introduced as peer-2-peer electronic cash system but its primarily use is restricted to investment. People buy it, hold it and sell it on various trading platform. The main reason why its not accepted as payment system is its slowness (high transaction settlement time) and high transaction fees. These need to be addresses by BTC blockhain in order to make BTC a recognized payment gateway. Non Regulatory compliance is another reason why governments are not accepting it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260

its the volatility itself what makes bitcoin has a disadvantage,because when time of dip the continuity of falling is indeed..and added into this is the usage for illegal transaction,yes even paper bills can use by criminals or terrorist,but being thru Internet this makes the transaction faster and more secret than paper bill transacting
Activity: 308
Merit: 1

Bitcoin has limited supply which makes them very volatile.
Also,There is only a few businesses and banks that are willing to accept bitcoin as a system of payment. Plus bitcoin is a bit new to this era and its in an early stage to get to its full potential.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
bitcoin is its future depends on minner and bitcoincore. This is crypto without owner, if bitcoin has owner like ETH I am sure Bitcoin will be more stable. and for me the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin now is, bitcoin can not be traced there will be problems when the government will do this because illegal transactions can be done easily.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
In my opinion the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is the high risk and unstable. Bitcoin is not considered an official currency, so it is not used in everyday life. So not everyone knows bitcoin.
Activity: 355
Merit: 102

Hi Evakotel,

What they don't like in Bitcoin is its fast changing value. they are scared that today they have a pretty decent value of bitcoin but tomorrow that can be the opposite. one other thing is the possibility of security breaches. once this happens the value of bitcoin will surely fall.
if we plunge into the world of bitcoin certainly all who use it should be able to accept the risks of bitcoin. it's all a normal thing if bitcoin prices change every time.
Activity: 434
Their disadvantage is low liquidity. Bitcoin can not be used in the purchase and sale of goods and services in certain countries. They are risky for hackers and prices fluctuate. So some people were afraid of holding Bitcoin.
Activity: 319

For me the biggest advantage of bitcoin is its biggest advantage also, so what it is? It is its unstable price, why? Because as you can see ithe price of bitcoin is not permanent it is always changing so that sometimes people are confused if bitcoin is a scam or not.
Activity: 85
Merit: 1
Bitcoins are still only accepted by a very small group of online merchants. This makes it unfeasible to completely rely on Bitcoins as a currency. There is also a possibility that governments might force merchants to not use Bitcoins to ensure that users’ transactions can be tracked.
Activity: 294
I think the greatest disadvantage of bitcoin is the status we all know that bitcoin is in the process of development. There are still many drawbacks and faults in the system which is need to improve. Also high security are one of the issue the vulnerability of hackers and we are atill thinking where bitcoin came from and who is the creator.
Pages:
Jump to: