Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the chances of entering the cryptocurrency market with such a coin? - page 2. (Read 228 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
We know what a Ponzi pyramid is ...
Our scheme has nothing to do with it.

Really really bad choice of words, right?

A coin that only goes up is impossible to achieve in a free market! It can be done for a while if you manage to restrict selling and somehow pump enough money to buy back the sold coins but sooner or later it will become impossible to keep it at the same price as you will simply have to cough more and more to keep the prices high.

There was a way of trying to achieve something like that which involved decreasing the number of available coins by burning them, making the coins artificially scarce and thus driving the price higher but if your choice of burning is through fees it will make people no longer coin coins thus the usage will fall down to zero and so will the price or by burning coins from all address which from an individual point of view will negate the growth in price as you have less coins.

So no, no perpetuum mobile coin!
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
That's literally impossible when taking into consideration the law of supply and demand. Unless you do something really bad like literally disabling the option for your coin holders to sell; in the end making the "never falls in price" factor useless, because you can't sell it whenever you want.
copper member
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
I guess we are talking here about Ponzi shame with sale restrictions. Simply example - if you bought at 10$ you are not allowed to sell lower than 15$. Such asset cant go down. It just can stop grow and left people will unsalable bags - effectively worth 0 but on chart worth xx$.

Owww... in this light it all makes more sense.
Well, a Ponzi is a scam, no matter how it's wrapped and how it's called. And I was expecting a proper legit business...
And yeah, such rules, while ensure the coin is (one paper) never falling, they also makes it just another scam.

Thank you for your responses.
We know what a Ponzi pyramid is ...
Our scheme has nothing to do with it.

There are no restrictions on the sale / purchase.

Question: we are interested in how much such a coin will be in demand and what difficulties we will have to face from government regulators.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I guess we are talking here about Ponzi shame with sale restrictions. Simply example - if you bought at 10$ you are not allowed to sell lower than 15$. Such asset cant go down. It just can stop grow and left people will unsalable bags - effectively worth 0 but on chart worth xx$.

Owww... in this light it all makes more sense.
Well, a Ponzi is a scam, no matter how it's wrapped and how it's called. And I was expecting a proper legit business...
And yeah, such rules, while ensure the coin is (one paper) never falling, they also makes it just another scam.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
prove that you own enough assets to back your coins

copper member
Centralized - minimal fees.

Centralized means that people have to take your word for it. It means that you have to prove that you own enough assets to back your coins and it means that there may always exist a doubt that you issue more coins than you declare, or do something odd behind the scenes. Centralization can too easily cover a scam and it won't be easy to get to the amount of trust you need to have such a coin successfully.

We want to be open to everyone and be able to show the collateral of our coins on each of the exchanges. This is our strategy.
legendary

Centralized means that people have to take your word for it. It means that you have to prove that you own enough assets to back your coins and it means that there may always exist a doubt that you issue more coins than you declare, or do something odd behind the scenes. Centralization can too easily cover a scam and it won't be easy to get to the amount of trust you need to have such a coin successfully.
copper member
No manipulation or fraud.

Sorry, I don't see then how it could never fall. It will always have its moments the price will fall against something.

If you can mathematically prove that this can work, if everything is transparent and decentralized, the only remaining open point is trust - you have to prove that the network is strong enough and you / your business model can work. It may take a lot of time...
Unfortunately I remain skeptic: I don't think that this is possible in real life.

The decentralized model is expensive for translation. (The more expensive the coin, the higher the commission).
legendary

Sorry, I don't see then how it could never fall. It will always have its moments the price will fall against something.

If you can mathematically prove that this can work, if everything is transparent and decentralized, the only remaining open point is trust - you have to prove that the network is strong enough and you / your business model can work. It may take a lot of time...
Unfortunately I remain skeptic: I don't think that this is possible in real life.
copper member
2. Never falls in price.

Unless the market is manipulated, this cannot actually happen.

The question arises: what obstacles and difficulties will such coins have?

Unfortunately the main obstacle is that reality is harsher than the dreams.

Everything is open and transparent.

We are only interested in the opposition to such a coin.

legendary
2. Never falls in price.

Unless the market is manipulated, this cannot actually happen.

Unfortunately the main obstacle is that reality is harsher than the dreams.
copper member
Good day.

There is a desire and an algorithm for cryptocurrency, which has two advantages:
1. It rises in value when the cryptocurrency market falls.
2. Never falls in price.

What is your opinion?
Pages:
Jump to: