Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the chances of FTX raising funds... - page 5. (Read 661 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
November 16, 2022, 07:31:13 PM
If there’s a hype probably someone will invest.
If the purpose to raise funds is to compensate all the losses and stay in the competition then why not. This might not be so easy for them because of what happened, most probably there’s already a trust issue with them. The question is what if SBF committed another fraud? This might be double kill for FTX. Well, we will see if they will push it through.

How could they trust FTX? there financial status are really in bad shape where they have huge money needed to compensate to their millions of users. For sure investors most likely taking suicide for there money if they push this plan because let say even if they could raise funds from those private individual to pay there users the question there is are those people will go back to the platform to use their exchange? I think not they already get out with the problem and how could they came back on the platform where give them huge stress due to financial issues?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
November 16, 2022, 07:04:34 PM
If the purpose to raise funds is to compensate all the losses and stay in the competition then why not. This might not be so easy for them because of what happened, most probably there’s already a trust issue with them. The question is what if SBF committed another fraud? This might be double kill for FTX. Well, we will see if they will push it through.

Well here is the issue. And this is where I am lost.

Apparently since he filed for Chapter 11, he is no longer the CEO and no longer running the company.

He is trying to raise funds but what will he get out of that since he is no longer the CEO. He posted some interview earlier saying he is raising funds but then the FTX Official posted saying that SBF is no longer in charge and not to pay attention to him anymore.

So I am really confused what he is trying to do.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
November 16, 2022, 05:44:03 PM
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
November 16, 2022, 04:44:04 PM
Looks like SBF is at it again and basically trying to lure investors into investing into FTX. He is looking to raise +$6B or so. I think he is trying to sell some FTX bonds which are paying 10% per year for 3 years and then converted into common stock.

Now I realise that Bitfinex did something similar when they got hacked back in 2015. They raised I think $1B very quickly. And their valuation is much lower back then than FTX today. However they got hacked... SBF committed fraud.

They seem to generate $10-20B in volume daily and $1B in revenue per year. Seems like a profitable company however.... will anyone actually invest billions after what he did? Will people actually still trade on FTX after all this mess?

I give this 10% chance of succeeding....
Pages:
Jump to: