Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the criteria for choosing altcoin - page 4. (Read 970 times)

Activity: 1088
Merit: 102

1- One of top 20 coins listed on coinmarketcap or any new project like STEPN ( GMT ) and I take part on Binance launchpad.
binance launchpad already proven as profitable projects , most of from this pad succesfully give us huge profits. maybe this is the best way to pick project that will give us money only in short term.
I remember when I followed the Safepal launchpad on binance, I only paid 0.6 bnb but when the first open market sfp was able to go up 1000% more and I got a fantastic profit, indeed the Binance launchpad is very much anticipated by traders or big investors because it is certain that we  will benefit if the token is already listed.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 582
"CoinPoker.com"
I think it's not just a matter of patience as the coins you are referring to are really well known in this space, but not everyone approaches it and believes in the future. An easy strategy will make the investment safe and give better returns. I personally think a few criteria, like how they operate in this space and how they solve problems, will help. Of course, popular names such as ETH, BNB, DOT, and so on are profitable for those who believe.
It is understandable, I mean not really understandable but it is like something we got used to at this point. Like for so long I have seen people that got too impatient and sold and then as soon as they sell the price goes up.

They do not get "why" it goes up as soon as they sell, they wait for many years and then the moment they sell it goes up. Solution? Don't sell? I mean simple as that, if you sell then eventually you will miss it go up, just don't sell, keep holding it and eventually it will either go high, or it won't and you will either make a profit or you won't but there is no missing out possibility in that case. Why can't they see it? Don't know, but too many people do that.
Activity: 899
Merit: 101

1- One of top 20 coins listed on coinmarketcap or any new project like STEPN ( GMT ) and I take part on Binance launchpad.
binance launchpad already proven as profitable projects , most of from this pad succesfully give us huge profits. maybe this is the best way to pick project that will give us money only in short term.

2- I trust technical Indicators like RSI and MACD and take exit and entry based on signals generated on weekly charts and don't buy coins/token in one step, I rather use 3 steps buying strategy.

3- I use Money/rsk management tools to avoid total loss of capital.
DYOR
another technique to pick tokens or coins based on their technical position, if we find any signal from RSI or MACD and confirmed by market sentiment, it should taken immediately or we lost best price before mooning.
Activity: 811
Merit: 250
the Only criteria i Use is to follow my instincts and also follow my mentor .

I know that sometimes i lose but lucky that most of His advices brings winning for me, several times this year that i earned at least 20-30% each investments.

Actually, the instincts of the hearts and minds of others must always be balanced so as not to feel confused when carrying out any investment because without someone to direct, I think someone will also get lost if they only rely on instincts from ourselves.
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
The top altcoins such as BNB, Ethereum and XRP indeed we have to be patient in terms of investment, these three projects are indeed very good,
and have Fundamentals which in my opinion have an S rating, which means Super good fundamentals, and of course makes investors comfortable,
but for someone who is new to investing in crypto, you certainly have to be patient and have to be careful, because the price of the top altcoin has reached its peak,
there may be indications of a dump in the future.
Roll Eyes I think it's not just a matter of patience as the coins you are referring to are really well known in this space, but not everyone approaches it and believes in the future. An easy strategy will make the investment safe and give better returns. I personally think a few criteria, like how they operate in this space and how they solve problems, will help. Of course, popular names such as ETH, BNB, DOT, and so on are profitable for those who believe.
although the top altcoins are nearing their peak, the aforementioned altcoins have a better level of security than us investing in new altcoins, which have a much greater risk, especially for beginners, I think allocating most of the funds to these altcoins will be more well, while we learn to analyze new altcoins, of course with a small capital, so that over time our analytical instincts, both technical and fundamental, will form by themselves, by going through a lot of experience.
copper member
Activity: 1316
Merit: 715
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
At a time like this most investors get confused about the right altcoin to invest in and this confusion always leaves many to wonder about what criteria to choose when deciding on the right coin to buy for a long-term base. Should utility alone be a major factor in determining a good altcoin and being speculative in the price?

My criteria to choose coin for investing of trading is as follows:

2- I trust technical Indicators like RSI and MACD and take exit and entry based on signals generated on weekly charts and don't buy coins/token in one step, I rather use 3 steps buying strategy.

3- I use Money/rsk management tools to avoid total loss of capital.

DYOR
Activity: 1148
Merit: 58
At a time like this most investors get confused about the right altcoin to invest in and this confusion always leaves many to wonder about what criteria to choose when deciding on the right coin to buy for a long-term base. Should utility alone be a major factor in determining a good altcoin and being speculative in the price?
the Only criteria i Use is to follow my instincts and also follow my mentor .

I know that sometimes i lose but lucky that most of His advices brings winning for me, several times this year that i earned at least 20-30% each investments.

snip
I should have criteria for reviewing projects like your analysis above, that project reviews should be monitored regularly to test quality and utility, I agree that it is appropriate to hold top coins over new coins because there is no guarantee the project platform will be developed according to the roadmap.
that is for new project but what about those existing one?
Activity: 928
The top altcoins such as BNB, Ethereum and XRP indeed we have to be patient in terms of investment, these three projects are indeed very good,
and have Fundamentals which in my opinion have an S rating, which means Super good fundamentals, and of course makes investors comfortable,
but for someone who is new to investing in crypto, you certainly have to be patient and have to be careful, because the price of the top altcoin has reached its peak,
Roll Eyes I think it's not just a matter of patience as the coins you are referring to are really well known in this space, but not everyone approaches it and believes in the future. An easy strategy will make the investment safe and give better returns. I personally think a few criteria, like how they operate in this space and how they solve problems, will help. Of course, popular names such as ETH, BNB, DOT, and so on are profitable for those who believe.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
The OGz Club
If the market situation is as it is today then altcoins that are suitable for us to invest are coins that are already ranked at the top or in the top 10 coinmarketcap, because for the future all will again be able to reach the highest value and profits will definitely be on the side of us who currently have capital to invest and are ready to take any risks in the future, Most importantly, the great patience we must have.
Activity: 520
Merit: 250
KUWA.ai
snip
I should have criteria for reviewing projects like your analysis above, that project reviews should be monitored regularly to test quality and utility, I agree that it is appropriate to hold top coins over new coins because there is no guarantee the project platform will be developed according to the roadmap.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 588
If the market situation is as it is today then altcoins that are suitable for us to invest are coins that are already ranked at the top or in the top 10 coinmarketcap, because for the future all will again be able to reach the highest value and profits will definitely be on the side of us who currently have capital to invest and are ready to take any risks in the future, Most importantly, the great patience we must have.

A lot of old timers will prefer those rock solid projects rather than investing on hypes.
If the project has good foundation, you know that your investments will not disappear into thin air.
So if you want a good assurance that you won't be screwed, would be better if you hold those top alts.
Also, look for actual applications. Is their network heavily used by crypto users?
Or are the services catering a lot of users and not only few? Because that will determine the survival of the alt.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 276
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Activity: 1044
Merit: 103
there are a lot of altcoins today and if you are going to choose you can really have a hard time because there are also so many scam projects, new projects is risky than investing on some proven and tested coin so if you wanted to invest for a long term you need to invest a coin that is already proven such us ethereum, bnb,sol,etc., Coin that has a big name with a big reputation will always give a profit if we can really hold.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058
utility should be the main factor for choosing coins for the future. but everyone has their own view for the future which cannot be blamed, seeing the team and also development for the future can also be the reason for choosing Altcoin for the future.
Cooperation partners on the project also need to be looked at even though it is an additional thing after looking at the roadmap and the main team composition, so that many people's belief in a product will be born and exist forever as in many utility coins that already exist today.
That's very true and I think it's important to pay attention because we can see if the coin or project is a scam or not, we can pay attention from cooperation partners,
basically everyone has more or less the same criteria as others in choosing altcoins
It's getting more and more obvious these days because we get to see the real legit ones actually do stuff that requires a good amount of money and also provide like audit and kyc and all that kind of thing. So, if you want to scam someone, you can't provide those things. If you do provide them, and still end up scamming people then we know who you are and we can sue you.

This is why there are so many projects that may fail even though they are legit, but there are none that would provide KYC and who they are and still scam you, that would screw them up. This is why it got easier, I just do not invest in anything new that has not done any of that yet.
Activity: 882
Merit: 507
each of us has our criteria for choosing Altcoins, but I personally still choose the top coins that have high volume to be able to remain in the future, even though the opportunity to take profits is small but it is very worth the risk which is also small.
the utility is of course the main factor behind other factors.
High volume is very important but not as important as the team behind the project, how can one know how long a high volume coin in the market will remain on the first will of the chart if you can't point to the utility of such coin and how persistence the team are toward the development and growth of the coin.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
~
Utility and of course the People behind the project(the Team) because aside from everything it is their work that will bring the project into success
So look at the team instead of everything mate
Team is important and the way they are able to respond to queries is paramount. I know projects that will not respond to basic queries for a while and if you see projects taking time, then it is time to move on rather than expecting them to change.

to OP? just Buy the ranking coins because that will save you from completely losing .
This is not a benchmark you can choose because the ranking keeps on changing, projects with a real use case should be your pick rather than speculative projects and you will understand if they are able to deliver things in time or at least have a valid reason for the delay.
Activity: 1064
HELENA

Utility is important, but there are many other factors to consider when choosing an altcoin. hype, community, development team and their project progress. all these things should come to your attention. Hype is important because it determines how popular the project you invest in is. community, the bigger the project community, the bigger the fundamentals. development team, experienced and professional team is preferred. than those who think only about money. and finally the development progress. This is what determines whether the project is worth investing in or not. a project that has no progress just won't survive. such projects rely solely on the hype to pump their coins.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
utility should be the main factor for choosing coins for the future. but everyone has their own view for the future which cannot be blamed, seeing the team and also development for the future can also be the reason for choosing Altcoin for the future.
Utility and of course the People behind the project(the Team) because aside from everything it is their work that will bring the project into success

So look at the team instead of everything mate .

to OP? just Buy the ranking coins because that will save you from completely losing .
Activity: 769
Merit: 108
each of us has our own criteria for choosing Altcoins, but I personally still choose the top coins that have high volume to be able to remain in the future, even though the opportunity to take profits is small but it is very worth the risk which is also small.
utility is of course the main factor behind other factors.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 175
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I think that the criteria is just a general criterion that includes factors for selection in investment.  For me it would be:

1. Utilities/products suitable for future needs (can choose defi, metaverse, featured ecosystem…)
2. Supply
3. real community
4. modern value

Finally, clarify the purpose of speculation is expected to be profitable, supply / demand can trigger the pumps - feature
especially with market conditions like this, I think it is wiser for long-term investments than short-term investments
Like this, buddy.  I am always biased towards long-term portfolio selection.  But short-term is also a point where I also focus on analyzing the next trend.
You seems to be a good in this hunting mate , the proposed advises are much better to be applied in finding good project to invest with.
though I am sure most of the answers here comes from Bounty Hunters that also good in looking for criteria.
but Long term portfolio for Altcoin is the last thing that I will do, because i will better choose Bitcoin than altcoins for that.
Pages:
Jump to: