Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the main Bitcoin scams and how do you protect yourself against them? - page 3. (Read 4696 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 272
The most common that I have met is something like analogue of Bitcointalk forum where you need to pay to become a participant and then you need to pay monthly payments for the use. That's the most easy and disgusting for of people's scamming, but unfortunately such sites are blossoming.
Why do you think that such sites are a Scam? They're just warning you that you will have to pay. It's not a Scam. To protect yourself from such websites very easily. Don't pay and you don't become a victim. It is much harder to get into the hands of fraudsters who hide from you their true intentions. It is very difficult.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
The most common that I have met is something like analogue of Bitcointalk forum where you need to pay to become a participant and then you need to pay monthly payments for the use. That's the most easy and disgusting for of people's scamming, but unfortunately such sites are blossoming.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261

When transacting, always be vigilant and skeptic because you'll never know if the site or person you are transacting with is still the same site or person before. Always secure your transactions and always check the sites if it is the correct URL because just a little tweak of the site may deceive your eyes not noticing that it is a phishing site. With so many airdrops and ICOs nowadays, there are some that requires a wallet download and maybe that wallet has a virus to get your data and you end up with nothing the next time you check your funds. As for investment, I would not invest to a HYIP site because I have been scam a lot of times before being a newbie so I learned my lesson well.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
My general rule of thumb for bitcoin and life is this: if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Behind that would be trial and error. Slowly your intuition gets better and doing your due diligence helps A LOT
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
I was once been victimized by such scam cloud mining and investing in that is the most regrettable mistakes I have ever done. But “experience is really the best teacher” and it makes me a better observant to those kind of sites offering something beyond the bond of reality.

I will not point all “cloud mining sites” but after those incidents I have never or will never be going back on those days. Time can only tell if this traumatic experience be healed or last for a lifetime.
Most of the proposals of cloud mining is a fraud. But you must admit you are to blame for that fall for their bait. If you are offered very favorable conditions to strangers then this is definitely a Scam. The best way to protect them is not to be greedy and to use only approved sites. But remember that the website is also tested through time may be a Scam.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Any "doubler" is obviously a scam as well
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
bitcoin has change became valuable since the price increase so high and currently the hackers always be smarter than us but yes it's very usefull article and all of those steps was very makes sense and indeed if we do what article said it will minimise the risk to losing our bitcoin
Activity: 322
I was once been victimized by such scam cloud mining and investing in that is the most regrettable mistakes I have ever done. But “experience is really the best teacher” and it makes me a better observant to those kind of sites offering something beyond the bond of reality.

I will not point all “cloud mining sites” but after those incidents I have never or will never be going back on those days. Time can only tell if this traumatic experience be healed or last for a lifetime.
Activity: 192
Malware downloads
Hugely attractive Bitcoin transactions are often used to persuade you to download damaging software that immediately damage or lock your computer.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146

The best way one can protect himself best from scams related to bitcoin, is to learn from experience which I have had my own share of where I needed to convert the little coins I have gotten to cash but ended up in the hads of a scammer who used delay tactics on me but I was still immature then. But now, I just don't deal with anybody anyhow. I have a list of trusted guys to help with that and even before transacting I do a lot of ground work confirming nothing has changed since our last transaction.

No need for experiences if you already have some knowledge, still the best is to know better about awareness for scams. The one thing about scams that usually being seen and they obviously does is they make deals that are so good to be true, so it is easy to notice that it was a scam, I never been scammed before and I don't need any experiences in able to avoid being one of their victim. This blog is helpful to does who doesn't have enough knowledge and information about scams, good luck and keep it up.

I don't have any experience on scams but I have been fervently reading about the different scams out there and its nature so that I may avoid it. True enough, those who have experienced it would have an upperhand because it is said that "experience is the best teacher" however it is not exactly necessary.

I've heard about ponzi schemes, HYIPs and the like that are still present up to this very day and the best way to avoid it is to watch out for the red flags. When there is a low investment with the promise of high return in a short period time, then it is likely to be a scam. Watch out for sugarcoated and fancy promises and don't let them blind you. Most scams don't look as if they are scams at first because they are made to deceive you so always be on the look out and don't let your guard down.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
Nowadays, there are many fraud methods, for example an email from an online wallet, your account is filled with X amount of bitcoin, you are thrilled to login your account and you will be stolen with a fake script. You need to be careful.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
I have a sense on that way,, a gut feel when your on front of that scammed sites you have many questions and doubts in mind.. So that is the first sign so I don't joined any of those as my initial observation failed at registration.. I don't look much on reviews from any other sites other than on this forum.. Many have tried but failed because many have shared they're experienced and posting it for awareness of other members.. Search for it here and you'll find the answers..
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1547
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
Just remembering if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. There are lots of crypto-related sites claiming that they are going to give you 1% or higher daily. Sometimes as high as 20% daily. They usually disappear as fast as they appear. If you are able to achieve such wonderful returns, why the hell are you going to give them to anyone over the internet? They remind me of the typical Nigerian scam. When I think of using a website, I search about it on the internet, nowadays you can find a lot information but bear in mind that some of the info you will find is posted by the same scammers.
Activity: 322
It might be a one way trip on how to learn in identifying what is scamming sites is. And that is when you have been in one of it. "Experienced is the best teacher", as they say and only at that time you will be aware what are the signs and what are those scammers are after in every clients they have. There so much good reviews about it for some reason they paid to it that's why we can't really tell until one comes your way.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

The best way one can protect himself best from scams related to bitcoin, is to learn from experience which I have had my own share of where I needed to convert the little coins I have gotten to cash but ended up in the hads of a scammer who used delay tactics on me but I was still immature then. But now, I just don't deal with anybody anyhow. I have a list of trusted guys to help with that and even before transacting I do a lot of ground work confirming nothing has changed since our last transaction.

As they say in the military, safety rules are written in blood. The same thing can be said here in the world of cryptocurrency and online, there are things we have to follow in order not to be victimized by so many scammers and phishers and all the other evil-minded fellows just waiting around like a lion to punch on their prospective victims. Nothing beat experience though when it comes to scams...though it can be costly indeed.

Activity: 150
Merit: 10
For scams, it's always a learning lesson. However, a good rule of thumb for any scam in life would be that if it's too good to be true, it's probably a scam. All of these gimmick-y "earn free bitcoin and become a millionaire" bullshit is everywhere
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Thanks for the article, can be useful to keep than in mind.
Anyway, aside the common sense and experience in the crypto, there's no way to prevent against scams. It seems to me that scamers are becoming better and better. Stay tuned and be careful!
Activity: 238
Just remember to trust no one but only yourself. Hyips and investments are all scam so stay away from it. If you ever want to do trading, don't put all your assets in there.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

No need for experiences if you already have some knowledge, still the best is to know better about awareness for scams. The one thing about scams that usually being seen and they obviously does is they make deals that are so good to be true, so it is easy to notice that it was a scam, I never been scammed before and I don't need any experiences in able to avoid being one of their victim. This blog is helpful to does who doesn't have enough knowledge and information about scams, good luck and keep it up.

There are so many scamming programs online and with the advent of Bitcoin many scammers find a new avenue to accelerate their business of fooling people. Most of the scams using Bitcoin are investment-type which turn out to be just another pyramiding or ponzi scheme. To paraphrase a popular saying, something that is too good to be true may not really be true.

Right now, the trend is  going into cryptocurrency trading. There are many sites offering guaranteed percentage of earnings and they are claiming to be in trading. While it is true that maybe some of them are telling the truth, I am sure that many are also just doing the same old ponzi thing...later on the program would just collapse at the weight of pay-outs. Ponzi means that pay-outs are just taken from pay-ins.

I have been into many scams too and I know that indescribable feeling upon realizing that your trusted program is literally gone and not paying anymore.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 3011
BTC price road to $80k

I have never been scammed before but ever since I joined this site, I learned about ponzi, HYPI(?) and other altcoins that are scams, and because of this knowledge I was able to avoid scams. I've read somewhere on this forum that you shouldn't deal with newbies. Not to discriminate but it is highly possible for them to trick you.

I always look out for red flags and research first before engaging on something. Thankfully, I've never been scammed or lost any money online. Just always be on the lookout!
Well this is the only forum that can help us a lot and learn about ponzi or any scam site related in bitcoin. .that is why i came here before because i was one of the people who scam in ponzi scheme and i was looking for help before in this forum just to know how to recover my bitcoin in ponzi scam but almost all comments saying that i will never recover my bitcoin in ponzi site..
Now i learn this and never trust any site and there are no free bitcoins that you can get daily fast. except for micro earnings which is faucet..
Now if there are some site that i want to invest i always ask here in this forum before i invest so that i don't experience any scam again..
Pages:
Jump to: