Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the most effective antiviruses? - page 2. (Read 304 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 07, 2019, 03:14:17 PM
I have no antivirus right now, I used to have Avast and it was working perfect.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
January 06, 2019, 09:15:29 AM
Run a small hard drive with powerful RAM on a high-speed machine. Every time you are done, download your stuff onto a small flash drive where you can view what is happening in the download... for transfer to your working computer. Then wipe your small hard drive, reload the OS from a DVD, and start over.

Cool
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
January 06, 2019, 04:54:16 AM
Antivirus helps you a lot, even those who say that they will not save. Yes, this is true but only in part. The most common viruses from which the PC is infected, the antivirus sees and removes it. I use eset myself
Activity: 18
Merit: 7
January 06, 2019, 03:01:09 AM
Common sense.

All most anti-virus do is check for signatures. The best protection against malware is always being smart (not downloading random shit, not falling for phishing scams, etc...); I stopped using an anti-virus years ago and I'm pretty sure I never got any malware on my computer. It's honestly not that hard.

Agreed. Also, real time/resident AV programs require unparalleled access to the most sensitive & vulnerable areas of your OS. I'd rather police my own browsing/downloading behavior than
 let AV software into my "perimeter"
Activity: 2016
Merit: 531
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
January 06, 2019, 12:58:47 AM
Common sense.

All most anti-virus do is check for signatures. The best protection against malware is always being smart (not downloading random shit, not falling for phishing scams, etc...); I stopped using an anti-virus years ago and I'm pretty sure I never got any malware on my computer. It's honestly not that hard.

This. No other antivirus could save you when you easily fall for drive-by downloads and scams.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
January 05, 2019, 11:47:42 AM
Common sense.

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
January 05, 2019, 11:44:26 AM
What antiviruses are the most effective today? what do you use and what can you advise from this list:
Eset
Kasperskiy
Scanguard
Avast
Norton
By the way, my preferences are consistent with antivirus rating. What about level of protection; mcafee review?
Pages:
Jump to: