Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the most popular miners? - page 2. (Read 2037 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 19, 2015, 09:59:58 PM
Folks,

I should have been more specific with my question.  I meant bitcoin mining software, like CGMiner, not hardware.  My apologies for the lack of clarity. 

And by popular I mean the following: out of all the people mining bitcoins in the world, what bitcoin mining software is most used (top 5 would be great).  I understand CG Minger is pretty popular, but it seems pools have their own proprietary miners.

Cheers

Btc mining software is pretty much cgminer, and bfgminer.  That is really the two most used a lot have cgminer in background you might not even know your using it.  For example many miners have a nice GUI frontend with cgminer running behind it.

What miner are you looking at?   Really asics is what it all comes down to in BTC mining now.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
November 19, 2015, 09:40:44 PM
Folks,

I should have been more specific with my question.  I meant bitcoin mining software, like CGMiner, not hardware.  My apologies for the lack of clarity. 

And by popular I mean the following: out of all the people mining bitcoins in the world, what bitcoin mining software is most used (top 5 would be great).  I understand CG Minger is pretty popular, but it seems pools have their own proprietary miners.

Cheers
legendary
November 19, 2015, 07:05:21 PM
Mostly any miner from Bitmain or Spondoolies-Tech.

I like them too, since they are stable and reliable companies. The miner itself are priced competative (close to getting ROI or even getting ROI).

OP is not asking which ones we like or which ones are best current.  He asked "This is the most popular as in amount made,".  This is a huge difference in question vs most answers in this thread.

I'm not sure if we have the data to know what was most produced.   I listed a few above I think it likely is, but that is pure speculation.  They don't release numbers in most cases.
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
November 19, 2015, 04:15:14 PM

I like them too, since they are stable and reliable companies. The miner itself are priced competative (close to getting ROI or even getting ROI).

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
November 19, 2015, 03:43:39 PM
What are the most popular miners actually used and the estimated share of bitcoin users using them?
It this info isn't readily available, I would be grateful for pointers on how to estimate or find this. 

Thanks

The most popular miners are those which are most produced. Period.
legendary
November 19, 2015, 03:38:32 PM
This is the most popular as in amount made, not best or most efficient. If I understand OP right.

I'm thinking it might be A1 miners as so many used their chips for quite a while.  If not possibly S3's seems like there is a ton of them.  One that could surprise me is the asic miner usb stick not sure how many of those are out there but they pumped out a ton of those for a bit.

*Reread it is possible the share of active miners.  If that I'm guessing S3 win's.  If he mean actually used as currently and not past.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
November 19, 2015, 01:58:05 PM
Antminer S4, S5 & S7.  Avalon 6 and SP35.   Those are the best choice at the moment.
Activity: 840
November 19, 2015, 03:58:38 AM
I'm running a compaq/sidehack stick at the moment... It's a niche market, but it seems that on the forum, it's rather popular with a lot of homeminers...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 19, 2015, 03:56:48 AM
S3/S5/S7 ones are really good. A friend of mine has 2 S7 and a S5. They're doing great Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
November 19, 2015, 03:55:07 AM
antminers are the post popular one, and then you have avalon, it's not like there are many more out there, the market is very restricted

s3-s5-s7 are the good one now
legendary
November 19, 2015, 12:38:37 AM

I would not forget about Avalon as they had past miners and have the 6 shipping now.  So they are current aswell.  SP .... they are not really looking for home/hobby buyers currently.

As far as "popular" it's in no way the newest or best efficiency but there are a heck of a lot of A1 chip miners out there.  They come in all forms, shapes, and speeds. So I'm guessing A1 miners rank up there as so many companies were using them at one point.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
November 18, 2015, 10:02:33 PM
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
November 18, 2015, 09:59:36 PM
What are the most popular miners actually used and the estimated share of bitcoin users using them?
It this info isn't readily available, I would be grateful for pointers on how to estimate or find this. 

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: