Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the odds that the government/banks will truly create their own coin? - page 6. (Read 2091 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542
Governments and banks already have their own currency and it is the fiat currency. It is unlikely that they will ever try to create their own cryptocurrency. Even if they do try create it, it will not be decentralized. A centralized currency will hardly be able to cryptocurrency.
I agree crytocurrency is really volatile and banks do not want such kinds of coins they want stable coins if they want to consider creating a system using a blockchain technology would be beneficial to banks rather than creating its own digital currency with minimal uses.
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
We've all seen this phrase before: that the government and/or banks will more likely to create their own cryptocurrency, but what are the odds that they really will? How can we be sure that these two sectors will create their own coins eventually and will it even change the game if they do? If they did, will it not threaten bitcoins and altcoins because the common people who haven't heard of bitcoin before might choose to use these bank/government-created coins instead? Do we really need more coins?
Given that the cryptocurrency is becoming increasingly popular, the governments and their central banks will be forced to create their own centralized cryptocurrencies. It is still difficult to say what fate awaits these coins and how far they will take root in our world. Most likely, they will supplement ordinary national money and will go mainly within the state itself. In any case, we need this experience. I do not think that these centralized coins will have a negative impact on the decentralized cryptocurrency. On the contrary, I expect from this a positive effect of greater interest of people throughout the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
We've all seen this phrase before: that the government and/or banks will more likely to create their own cryptocurrency, but what are the odds that they really will? How can we be sure that these two sectors will create their own coins eventually and will it even change the game if they do? If they did, will it not threaten bitcoins and altcoins because the common people who haven't heard of bitcoin before might choose to use these bank/government-created coins instead? Do we really need more coins?
If ever banks and the government will truly create their own coin, I think they will be treated like normal Altcoins and nothing is special about them and the fact that they are not decentralized just like any other cryptocurrency which investors and enthusiasts supported for privacy and security purposes.  I don't even see them as a threat to Bitcoin and one example in this discussion is Ripple and will soon add Petro of Venezuela which is a state owned crypto.
There are already more than 2000 coins available on coin market cap and I think there is no need for another bunch of coins for each country. It  will just not serve the purpose.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262

It already happened in Japan so it is highly likely that other countries would consider creating their own coin too if they think that they would be able to control the flow of money if they would consider creating their own coin. In that way, their fear of the coins being used for illegal activities would be controlled by creating their own platform and letting the people exchange the different cryptocurrencies to their own coin before they can use it to buy or pay something.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
The first thing that should know about the concept of cryptocurrency creation is decentralization, used as a place for everyone to do and having a currency without known and regulated by the government. And until now they were comfortable with this system, even more, most of the cryptocurrency users themselves hated every regulation made by the government. About your question,
 If they did, will it not threaten bitcoins and altcoins because the common people who haven't heard of bitcoin before might choose to use these bank/government-created coins instead? Do we really need more coins?
There are a reason for every cryptocurrency user not to give up their investment or reduce their activities with cryptocurrency though
every government made digital currencies like cryptocurrency and has a centralized system. And regarding the condition of the price of each cryptocurrency if the government make own digital currency, I just predict that cryptocurrency prices will soar, the reason is quite clear that the government is replacing the currency they are with digital currency and it is likely that everyone will know bitcoin and altcoin and they are interested in owning them.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
Some of the countries already created their own coin but not too successful, because when the government create a coin then the coin will be a centralised coin which will be almost like fiat, bitcoin and alt coins got a different unique feature, so the existence of new coin won't disrupt anything, to be honest we don't need any new coin, the crypto market already flooded with tons of coin that got no value
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
The question is not if it would happen but when; and the answer is when people start accepting crypto currency and start forgetting Fiat. Countries would line up to create their own coin so that they could still habe a hand in controlling their economyfor themselves. They can manipulate prices and blockchains because it is their own.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

this is possible. they would have to cope up when people around the world will be using crypto since we are all promoting paperless and cashless for the environment. but there would be some tweak to be done in thier blockchain in order for them to still have the control. probably issue more coins in the future.
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Governments and banks already have their own currency and it is the fiat currency. It is unlikely that they will ever try to create their own cryptocurrency. Even if they do try create it, it will not be decentralized. A centralized currency will hardly be able to cryptocurrency.

Probably it is. Decentralisation is one of the thing why people build enthusiasm to bitcoin or the cryptocurrency. It is its unique characteristics that whatvwe need. Without intervention or manipulation of the banks and the government. This will more likely satisfies what we need today and to the future.
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
It is really possible to see many banks and governments creating their own coin in the near future. I believe blockchain technology is developing at a very fast rate and pretty soon, governments around the world would have no choice than to adopt this amazing world of blockchain technology. Hence I for see more cryptocurrencies as new projects emerges.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
if the government and banks will work together in making new coins for the future, it will be difficult to happen because what is now is bitcoin and there are already many countries that legalize bitcoin as a future transaction.
Activity: 7
In my opinion it doesn't matter whether they make it or not and if they do make the coin it will have to compete with bitcoin or other altcoins.
Activity: 8
With the popularity of cryptocurrencies in the market, the opposing governments are on the verge of creating their own version of crytocurrencies. The downsides to these will be the lack of decentralization.
Activity: 8
It doesn't matter whether the banks will create a coin or not. There is bitcoin and nothing else can replace it. Also the possibility of the governments to turn their interests to decentralized currency is very low.
Activity: 5
It depends on what they choose to create. If the coin isn't decentralized, and they have their own blockchain then what's the point for creating another fiat currency? And if they want it to be like bitcoin, well, then it has to compete with bitcoin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
I don't think banks and governments are able to create crypto themselves, because until now there have always been pros and cons between crypto and most of the existing governments. except if indeed crypto is able to be inaugurated by all countries I believe that banks and governments are able to create crypto themselves
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
If governments and central banks make their own cryptocurrency, Bitcoin and Altcoin will not be affected and will not be replaced by them. Because crypto coins they make are centralized. While Bitcoin is a decentralized and more efficient currency. In addition, cryptocurrencies made by the government and bank are only a trend in one country and not globally.

I guess this makes sense, but is it really possible? That if and when they make their own cryptocurrency, theirs will be centralized while bitcoin and altcoins remain decentralized? Won't they try to regulate other cryptos as well?
It is already happening on where there are already some countries(I forgot the name) which did eventually make their own coin as a replacement with their fiat.
Sounds too impossible but yes it is applicable but as being said this wont really be globally but would just still acts as a fiat on electronic form.Centralized and
Decentralized things will always be different on any angles.
Activity: 72
Merit: 2
If governments and central banks make their own cryptocurrency, Bitcoin and Altcoin will not be affected and will not be replaced by them. Because crypto coins they make are centralized. While Bitcoin is a decentralized and more efficient currency. In addition, cryptocurrencies made by the government and bank are only a trend in one country and not globally.

I guess this makes sense, but is it really possible? That if and when they make their own cryptocurrency, theirs will be centralized while bitcoin and altcoins remain decentralized? Won't they try to regulate other cryptos as well?
Activity: 72
Merit: 2
Today, there are a lot of cryptocurrencies. Nothing will change if governments add some new cryptocurrencies to the market. They cannot threat bitcoin. Whether a government create a decentralized or even centralized cryptocurrency they make bitcoin more popular. Every one try to study about cryptocurrencies, first will know bitcoin.

If government-created coins will not be a threat to the crypto users, then why are some people against the government regulating bitcoins and altcoins? I mean, surely, if they created their own crypto, it would mean they'll start regulating the other cryptocurrencies as well. Won't it change the entire crypto world and market?
Activity: 56
If ever banks and the government will truly create their own coin, I think they will be treated like normal Altcoins and nothing is special about them and the fact that they are not decentralized just like any other cryptocurrency which investors and enthusiasts supported for privacy and security purposes.  I don't even see them as a threat to Bitcoin and one example in this discussion is Ripple and will soon add Petro of Venezuela which is a state owned crypto.
I still do not understand what is the need for another coins, rather each country owns coins, when there is bitcoin which can fulfill the purpose of one world one currency.
Pages:
Jump to: