Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the steps to take to publish the solution for blockchain scaling? - page 2. (Read 396 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

As far as the thread goes, many people have made similar claims before. Their proposals have inevitably turned out to banal rehashings of more or less obvious ideas that the Bitcoin community considered and rejected as far back as 2010 because they don't respect some critical element of what makes Bitcoin Bitcoin that the proposer themselves wasn't aware of as a result of so much bitcoin promotional material giving an incomplete view of the system. The most common things I've seen such proposals do is introduce unfounded third-party trust (usually in miners, sometimes in other random node operators) and in doing so eliminate the system's trustlessness.

Regardless, instead of saying that you have an idea that achieves some grand effect, you should simply publish the idea.  Crowing about it just burns your and everyone else's time without making the world a better place or having an opportunity to improve your understanding.

Agreed. I will be publishing my paper very shortly in this same thread.

Gmaxwell, since you seem to be an old hand. Let me convince you super quick as to how the solution works.

Important statement #1 :

Ask yourself from a 40,000 feet view.

What is a currency?

A currency is something that is pegged to a base value Like Gold. All the scaling issues of blockchains start at the coin base. Since PoW is NOT reusable, one simply has to issue a coin base equal to the amount of work that they have performed.

For eg. Let's assume the base target is 100. If someone finds a nonce to create a hash that has a target below 100, he's issued let's say 1 coin. If someone spends double the amount of hash power, they have to be issued 2 coins. i.e. the coin base shouldn't be fixed. What this means is that all chains following this consensus have an equal store of value hence facilitating inter-chain transfers at face value.
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
The block limit was purposely implemented for spam protection
This claim has is just one of the pieces of unsupported nonsense pumped out by paid shills, it's so sad that so many people have just accepted it because of the number of sock accounts that have constantly repeated it. Sad

As far as the thread goes, many people have made similar claims before. Their proposals have inevitably turned out to banal rehashings of more or less obvious ideas that the Bitcoin community considered and rejected as far back as 2010 because they don't respect some critical element of what makes Bitcoin Bitcoin that the proposer themselves wasn't aware of as a result of so much bitcoin promotional material giving an incomplete view of the system. The most common things I've seen such proposals do is introduce unfounded third party trust (usually in miners, sometimes in other random node operators) and in doing so eliminate the system's trustlessness.

Regardless, instead of saying that you have an idea that achieves some grand effect, you should simply publish the idea.  Crowing about it just burns your and everyone elses time without making the world a better place or having an opportunity to improve your understanding.

Hey ETFbitcoin,

Thank you for taking the time to post.

Release your whitepaper and make sure someone do peer review on your paper. Release it on it's own testnet or release the source code also helps.

I am going to do exactly that. I have the proof of concept stress tested.  Will be publishing the white paper within a month and releasing the test network within 2 months and main network within 3 months.

It would be great if you can do a peer review too and point to the issues I have so that I can improve upon thigs. Of course this system also comes with a Turing complete VM and I am planning to run the entire project as a smart contract with tokens issued in a DAO style to anyone who adds value. Will share the business plan and other stuff at a later stage after the white paper is ready.

You mention LN's disadvantage, not why it only works on theory since LN already used on both testnet and mainnet.

Yes, thanks for correcting me. What I meant was that it works only in theory for "unlimited scaling".

Assuming current block size is 1MB (which isn't because we use block weight limit with 4 kWu limit) or AFAIK 1.000.000 bytes in reality, then that means 1 transaction only have size about 1 byte and i can't see how would you fit transaction (input, output and signature). But i've no idea about GoLang.

ETFbitcoin, It has nothing to do with GoLang. Data is data everywhere. My solution algorithm reaches sharding consensus with infinitesimally low failure rate and extremely high fault tolerance.
I am glad that you have another solution, but this is a 'problem' that even Satoshi gave a simple solution for.
It is a kinda of a virtual problem, not a natural one. The block limit was purposely implemented for spam protection.
So it is very simple if you just want to solve it simplest and quickest way possible, but off-chain solution ended up being followed by most.

Here's my view for your statement. If 10 billion people in the world used blockchain for payments. That's at least a million transactions a second. Currently, the Blocksize is 1 MB. If the minimum BTC transaction size is 250 bytes.  ~4,000 transactions per block. That's 6.66 Transactions per second.

I have a solution (proof of concept in GoLang) which scales up to 1M transactions per second with a smaller block size without compromising on decentralization / security / future scalability.
Hello aleksej996,

Glad to see you post here. I appreciate you sharing your points.

I am talking about scaling payments and data to millions of transactions per second without any "Central validator hub". I am not aware of any present solution that does the same. The lightning network works only in theory because it still needs everyone to be in a payment channel with someone. Just writing those "LOCKED" payment channels requires a lot of on-chain space.

I have a solution which I have been working on for quite some time which solves the scalability trilemma.
Activity: 490
Merit: 389
Do not trust the government
There was never an issue with figuring out the way to scale a blockchain, there was just a debate on which solution we will implement.
That debate resulted in a fork as people couldn't agree.

I am glad that you have another solution, but this is a 'problem' that even Satoshi gave a simple solution for.
It is a kinda of a virtual problem, not a natural one. The block limit was purposely implemented for spam protection.
So it is very simple if you just want to solve it simplest and quickest way possible, but off-chain solution ended up being followed by most.
Hey everyone,

I have fixed the blockchain scaling issue. I am creating a network with the necessary fixes in place. I am also writing a paper so everyone can understand the fix. Please advise what are the further steps to take from here.

My vision is to build a Value Network so that everyone can have access to micropayments and to create a society where people are motivated to add value by means of scientific inventions.
Pages:
Jump to: